(How about) Jack Rodwell | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

(How about) Jack Rodwell

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Tugboat":831ohdh2 said:
Hartlepool will take him?

How excalty? They’re on the verge of going bust and you think they’ll take an ex championship player that will probably demand weekly wages well into 5 figures.

Irony irony irony! you were spoofed. Sorry!

Oct 24, 2013
Green_guile":86b5hlnp said:
Suspect even DA could not resurrect Rodwell's career. Rodwell needs a club like Argyle and a manager like DA more than we need him. Shame as he had such great potential. Probably destined for some unsuccessful time overseas.

This was exactly my reason for the o.p. His stock has fallen so significantly he cannot expect to command anything like the contract he is being released from. He needs a period of rehabilitation at a place where he can play and start enjoying playing again. Why not at Home Park?

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
lyndhurst green":2d2bc96t said:
Green_guile":2d2bc96t said:
Suspect even DA could not resurrect Rodwell's career. Rodwell needs a club like Argyle and a manager like DA more than we need him. Shame as he had such great potential. Probably destined for some unsuccessful time overseas.

This was exactly my reason for the o.p. His stock has fallen so significantly he cannot expect to command anything like the contract he is being released from. He needs a period of rehabilitation at a place where he can play and start enjoying playing again. Why not at Home Park?
Having seen him play a few times over the last couple of years, he looks to have lost his hunger for the game. I don't think he's going to find it playing here on a massive wage drop. Rodwell is rumoured to be on £70,000 a week (he's not left Sunderland just yet, he's been offered a release but not yet accepted it). He's not going to accept about 3k a week or whatever it is we'd be able to offer him. He's been linked with a move to Celtic. That might do him good. He'd be in a winning side who play good football and he'd have the chance to play in Europe. That might help him find his hunger for the game again. He'd be on a decent wage there too you'd assume. It's a complete non-starter. But I think he'd have been a terrible signing for us anyway.

Nov 18, 2011
He needs to salvage his career but that'll be on 20k a week, not 3k. Celtic is a good shout as they can pay those kind of wages and they have done a good job resurrecting Scott Sinclair's career.