Bid for Luke Berry | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Bid for Luke Berry

R

rewislogers

according to TransferCentre9 PAFC have put in a bid for Luton Town midfielder, Luke Berry... Thoughts? :banghead: :scarf: :thumbs: :whistle:

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
My thoughts are don't take any notice of what's on that site.

Jul 29, 2010
OK, so let's treat it hypothetically then.

What sort of midfielder is he, defensive/attacking, left/right, a creator or a disruptor?

Would we, hypothetically, want him?

Jul 29, 2010
Argy1e":1u54wuky said:
X Isle":1u54wuky said:
Would we, hypothetically, want him?
He'd be an ideal replacement for Diagouraga from what I've seen.
That's the sort of thing I was looking for, thanks.

I recall the name, he was often mentioned by Jeff Stelling on Sky Sports at Cambridge. But it doesn't help place his 'style'.

Jul 29, 2010
https://youtu.be/Kzy0K770dCk

Showreels don't tell you the whole story but some of these are good goals. Would give another option at free kicks to Carey... oh and you've gotta laugh at how he mugs off City with one of 'em :lol:

Apr 29, 2016
X Isle":36r1igfd said:
https://youtu.be/Kzy0K770dCk

Showreels don't tell you the whole story but some of these are good goals. Would give another option at free kicks to Carey... oh and you've gotta laugh at how he mugs off City with one of 'em :lol:

Or a replacement for Carey.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Ade the green":2vft37q9 said:
Signed a three year deal with Luton in August 2017 and seems pivotal to their success. How can we hope to have a bid accepted?

Deal involving one of our players moving in the opposite direction?

Purely speculative of course

Jul 29, 2010
Tugboat":ih1u1sek said:
Ade the green":ih1u1sek said:
Signed a three year deal with Luton in August 2017 and seems pivotal to their success. How can we hope to have a bid accepted?

Deal involving one of our players moving in the opposite direction?

Purely speculative of course
I'm an optimist by nature but pragmatic above all else.

*IF* there is anything in this then the only logical leverage we would have is a player swap/makeweight deal.

We are not a 'draw' that would naturally turn a player's head to want to come here.

We are not a cash rich club who would throw silly money at a deal.

The only logical scenario would have to be that we have someone they want and they have someone we want... AND have sufficient cover to mitigate his loss.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Somehow I cannot see Argyle doing business with Luton unless there is a bonus for that club. I cannot see it happening unless Bradley is adamant he wants a smart new hat!