Grandstand Redevelopment - Argyle Admin Staff on the move! | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Grandstand Redevelopment - Argyle Admin Staff on the move!

Jul 29, 2010
Army green":vkl6aqzc said:
Not sure if it’s be mentioned before but anyone know if the floodlights on the mayflower side are being replaced? The current ones are shocking.
When the horseshoe went in I recall it being said that the lux of the lighting was much higher rated than currently used. This was down to them having to match the lux of the two remaining floodlight pylons.

The plan was that when the ground was completed the higher lux would be implemented on all sides.

It doesn't answer your question Army, I know not what the plans are now. But that was the plan as expressed in 2002.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
X Isle":3fga086a said:
Army green":3fga086a said:
Not sure if it’s be mentioned before but anyone know if the floodlights on the mayflower side are being replaced? The current ones are shocking.
When the horseshoe went in I recall it being said that the lux of the lighting was much higher rated than currently used. This was down to them having to match the lux of the two remaining floodlight pylons.

The plan was that when the ground was completed the higher lux would be implemented on all sides.

It doesn't answer your question Army, I know not what the plans are now. But that was the plan as expressed in 2002.

I would expect any new floodlighting to be LED which is so much cheaper to use. It does need to be brighter at Home Park though. I have come away with a headache after evening matches there.

Jan 6, 2007
Lundan Cabbie":28ishaxf said:
X Isle":28ishaxf said:
Army green":28ishaxf said:

I would expect any new floodlighting to be LED which is so much cheaper to use. It does need to be brighter at Home Park though. I have come away with a headache after evening matches there.
I've come away with a headache after most of the evening games in the last few seasons, nothing to do with the floodlights though lol.
I felt okay after the Northampton game though :scarf:

KFA

Apr 4, 2012
Plymouth
The roof and the Grandstand floodlights need to be replaced (the Board has agreed that this will be funded in addition to the £5m budget)

Official site , Q&A June 2017

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
HC Green":2nfw2wte said:
Army green":2nfw2wte said:

The answer about the floodlights is in the link below.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2017/june/g ... -answered/

Question and answer 7 is interesting. It seems to suggest that somewhere in legislation that properly constructed and stewarded standing is unsafe. There is no such claim

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":ro9nh400 said:
HC Green":ro9nh400 said:
Army green":ro9nh400 said:

Question and answer 7 is interesting. It seems to suggest that somewhere in legislation that properly constructed and stewarded standing is unsafe. There is no such claim
Read it again LC:

A7: The PAFC Board has seen no evidence that suggests properly constructed and stewarded standing is anything other than safe. We believe the Green Army would like part of the Stadium to be standing and we will work with the English Football League to continue to push this argument.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Keepitgreen":wrtw88eg said:
Lundan Cabbie":wrtw88eg said:
HC Green":wrtw88eg said:
Army green":wrtw88eg said:

Read it again LC:

A7: The PAFC Board has seen no evidence that suggests properly constructed and stewarded standing is anything other than safe. We believe the Green Army would like part of the Stadium to be standing and we will work with the English Football League to continue to push this argument.

I would suggest that this statement is not just support for safe standing to be made legal but a dig at why clubs like Exeter can continue to have open terracing but Argyle can't. JB as much as said so in the recent fans' forum.

Nov 16, 2006
It was good to see around 11500 Argyle fans at Home Park today. The main stand looked quite full. Question- where will all those people sit if we close the main stand and continue to get 12000 gates? Does anyone know the plan?

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
onthegreen":2j5uaao9 said:
It was good to see around 11500 Argyle fans at Home Park today. The main stand looked quite full. Question- where will all those people sit if we close the main stand and continue to get 12000 gates? Does anyone know the plan?

Attendance was 11942 today. So we'd have to reduce the tickets for away fans considerably, and utilise the full horseshoe instead of having 2000 seats for segregation

Feb 8, 2005
onthegreen":3og0iaw2 said:

Who says we are going to close the main stand?

Dec 3, 2005
Monster Green":1md23qef said:
onthegreen":1md23qef said:

Attendance was 11942 today. So we'd have to reduce the tickets for away fans considerably, and utilise the full horseshoe instead of having 2000 seats for segregation

I thought the plan was for the Mayflower Terrace to be completed first - i.e. have seating put in and then the upstairs supporters use them, while the top stand is refurbished.

May 8, 2011
onthegreen":2byw5zqo said:

I would have thought it was obvious, there would be a reduced capacity during the time the Grandstand was out of use and matches would be all ticket.

Nov 16, 2006
Thanks, that's 4 different answers!
So in fact, nobody seems to know the plan. No doubt all will be revealed in time

Oct 31, 2015
onthegreen":1fsaq92k said:
Thanks, that's 4 different answers!
So in fact, nobody seems to know the plan. No doubt all will be revealed in time

When they built the horse shoe we were all wedged into the maflower standing area. I remember it being packed until the Boxing day game when 2 x sides were opened. I suspect that we will all be in the horse shoe which I dont think will be a big issue. Reduced segregation to the away fans and filling the barn oark corner would house the 2K fans from the mayflower easily. We wouldnt be able to give out freebies the the Junior leagues mind :)