Free agents to come | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Free agents to come

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
IJN":206uojsd said:
Seip was on £8k a week FFS, start working off that figure and it soon mounts up. The wages were astronomical. Chuck into that we paid people like Fitz £1k a match etc etc, you can see why we were up the fiduciary swanny.

As for large staff figures??? Who says? I bet you Peter Reid was on £100k plus, then chuck in CEO's salary etc etc.
oh my word!a thousand pounds a match all that time ago for a bloke to do a few announcements!!!and he don't even like football. :facepalm:

Feb 2, 2007
Not funny £17m but Keith Todd’s magic lantern company owed £2k. Oh how I chuckle. Surprised it’s not a magic hat company

K. ”Un” Todd

E

Electronic

X Isle":1q7kbqre said:
ealinggreen":1q7kbqre said:
X Isle":1q7kbqre said:
ealinggreen":1q7kbqre said:
What are you on about same people,it was a simple question where does 17 million come from.I have never heard of that figure and I like facts.What same people posts have I made ? clever dick.
It is an age old trick Ealing, selective quoting and nit picking, ignoring the big picture and focusing on the small one.

Whether that was your intention or not, only you can say, and you have. Fair enough.

To answer your question £17m was the widely quoted estimated total liability in administration. It turns out it was actually a conservative estimate. Q8 in the link below from the board shows the total was actually "over £20m" :shock:

I apologise for getting my facts wrong but it doesn't undermine the point, it rather strengthens it :wink:

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2016/august ... tatement-/

Many couldn't figure out where all this money went. I would venture to suggest that is born of the same ignorance that can't wok out where the 'Liverpool/Purrington/Hourihane/etc' money has gone this time round.

Fag packet maths can add up incoming revenue but the size of fag packet required to list all the boring and unheralded bills going out, for all the mundane requirements of a football club, not least wages, ancillary fees, tax, NI relating to playing staff would need to accommodate fags only Godzilla could smoke.

If we ignore what happened before, it WILL happen again. I am 100% supportive of self sufficiency, I was then and I can't begin to imagine why everyone else isn't now.

You really are an arrogant individual,my question was a simple one which has been answered.I have made no comments suggesting Argyle should be spending money. Neither do I have any interest in your opinions on the club spending money or not,I will leave that to Adams.I do not have any age old tricks,I am a simple Janner.
:whoosh: or what?

By your own reaction there, you sir, really are a touchy precious and defensive little snowflake.

I merely explained what the 'well established tricks' that Pure was referring to are, as you claimed ignorance of them. I further acknowledged that you denied it with (quote) fair enough (unquote).

You also leap to clutch your handbag at things in that post that were not even directed at you. There has been a lot of stupidity creeping in on these boards lately, the inability to master the quote function for one, but also this belief... that if a post is quoted EVERYTHING in the post that follows is directed SPECIFICALLY at the poster quoted.

When I say "many couldn't figure out where the money went"... I am not addressing you. The word 'many' clearly refers to multiples of people, so not you specifically. Again, if you put yourself into that bracket then that is up to you I didn't.

Listen, if I want to give someone both barrels I am quite capable, the reader will not be in any doubt. But on this occasion my 'nostrils' were lowered. If you take offence to someone explaining something to you then perhaps it's best not to ask questions in the first place...

..and if you are 'not interested in the opinions of others' then I must question why you are even on an internet message board at all.

The syntax in your footer comment is a little off. Grammatically, it would better read as 'Let's keep it that way and not again demand money be spent that we don't have'.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
X Isle":3kfzvv3m said:
pearces greens":3kfzvv3m said:
Quizmike":3kfzvv3m said:
HC Green":3kfzvv3m said:
so we have gone from not paying a fee for a player, to taking players on loan, to taking free agents, what is next ? getting players out of retirement ?

Both Taylor and Diagouraga were free agents, as is Church so what is the issue with signing a free agent?
Nothing , just shows how far we have fallen

How far we have fallen from the bottom of league 2 to the middle of league 1?
I meant regarding monies available, we paid 300k ,400k, and 500k for players only 10/12 years ago
You do know that we went into administration with debts of £17,000,000 just afterwards?

Ever stopped to wonder If there is some sort of coincidence there?

You wouldn't mind if they had been any good but Steve MacLean was pish.

I fought tooth and nail in the build up to that period on this very message board against those who lined up to tell Argyle to 'spend spend spend'. There are (what should be) clear and obvious dangers to spending money we don't have. A warning from history is required...

I have resisted engaging on the 'brentwallet' thread because I know that when I go I will go straight for the throat and with "great vengeance and furious anger". Why? Because our administration period for me can be traced right back to the first chump who coined the phrase "Staplewallet".

From small acorns great oaks grow... or in that case 'from small chugnuts doth masses of poo flow'. A few 'witty' souls turned their frustration with a perceived lack of progress (in fact, as now, they were just massively impatient and wanted someone else to bankroll Argyle to success for them) started up the finger pointing around money invested in the team.

Up to that point Argyle had been going great guns whilst not breaking the bank. But a few turned into several, several turned into many and before you knew it the Argyle board were faced with huge clarion calls to 'spend spend spend'. Trouble was Argyle didn't have money to spend, gates started dropping and Argyle started to panic. Players were bought that they couldn't afford and as bills went up and gates went down they just threw good money after bad.

Upshot, despite increasingly desperate efforts to get new money in, culminating in the NWO debacle Argyle nearly ceased to exist.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER again... or so you would have thought.

But no, I see now the same small seeds of accusation being levelled as before. Fan pressure can, once the snowball starts rolling, become irresistible to try and placate. It only takes a small overspend to kick off the process of good money going after bad.

Argyle now is being run as a self sufficient entity. I want it to remain that way, we should ALL want it to remain that way. No-one should want blood on their hands for Argyle's death because they started a movement of bitter, selfish, impatient name calling and conspiracy theory peddling that ended in liquidation.

Am I being over dramatic here? No. I saw it coming, I tried to stop it before, but it happened, it was all too real and scared the living pooh out of all of us. You can see therefore why history beginning to repeat itself might be cause for alarm now.

Stop this bullsh1t NOW. It does grow and it does end in abject humiliation and possible consignment to the annals of history.

How can you possibly bemoan the fact that we no longer spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on player transfer fees when that very act nearly caused us to go to the wall? And this isn't ancient history peeps, we can all remember it.

Unbeferkinlievable :facepalm:

Feckin' brillant post, Smiffy. Agree with this 100%.

Jan 9, 2006
Joseveth":1jdci5pg said:
Forest of Dean Green":1jdci5pg said:
Pogleswoody":1jdci5pg said:
Dan Ellard":1jdci5pg said:
Mark Pedlar":1jdci5pg said:
Anthony Stokes - what a waste of talent.
Sunderland in 2007, came down to Home Park and tore us a new one. Agreed.

11 goals in 21 games this season, bliddy waster!! ;) :lol:

He's a nasty piece of work though. Previous conviction for assault and looks like disciplinary issues at Hibs. He can have all the talent in the world, but wouldn't want him anywhere near a green shirt.

Same could be said for Nile Ranger who once again finds himself as a free agent following disciplinary issues at Southend.

Didn't a certain Mr Tynan have a few disciplinary issues?

Aug 5, 2005
tony9i9i9i":3qdceu3h said:
Joseveth":3qdceu3h said:
Forest of Dean Green":3qdceu3h said:
Pogleswoody":3qdceu3h said:
Dan Ellard":3qdceu3h said:
Mark Pedlar":3qdceu3h said:
Anthony Stokes - what a waste of talent.
Sunderland in 2007, came down to Home Park and tore us a new one. Agreed.

11 goals in 21 games this season, bliddy waster!! ;) :lol:

He's a nasty piece of work though. Previous conviction for assault and looks like disciplinary issues at Hibs. He can have all the talent in the world, but wouldn't want him anywhere near a green shirt.

Same could be said for Nile Ranger who once again finds himself as a free agent following disciplinary issues at Southend.

Didn't a certain Mr Tynan have a few disciplinary issues?

I don't think Tommy could compete with this....

From Nile Rangers Wikipedia page

In 2007, at the age of 15, he was sentenced to 11 weeks in a Young Offenders Institute after being convicted of participating in street robbery in Muswell Hill, London.

In May 2011 Ranger was questioned by Newcastle after posing with a replica gun in a photograph.[44]

On 27 August 2011 he was arrested on suspicion of assaulting a man in Newcastle city centre, leaving the victim unconscious in the street. Ranger was subsequently dropped to Newcastle United's reserve team. He was found not guilty of the charge in October 2012.[45]

In October 2011 he was charged with being drunk and disorderly in Newcastle's Cathedral Square. The charge came only days after Ranger had been reinstated to Newcastle United's first-team training after a three-month exile in the club's reserves.[46]

In March 2012, he was fined by The FA for making homophobic comments on social networking website Twitter.[47]

In the early hours of 23 September 2012, police were called to a house in Enfield, north London after reports of a disturbance. The front door of the property was badly damaged and Ranger was arrested at the scene and later charged with criminal damage.[48] The charge against Ranger was dropped that November after the court accepted his explanation that he had damaged the door after fearing his girlfriend was being kidnapped.[49]

On 25 January 2013, Ranger was arrested on suspicion of rape in a Newcastle hotel room.[50] In connection with the same alleged offence, Ranger was charged with rape on 8 July 2013.[51] On 4 March 2014 he was cleared of the charge at Newcastle Crown Court.[52]

On 14 March 2013, Ranger was charged with common assault after an incident in Newcastle city centre.[53]

On 23 March 2014, Ranger was arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage to a taxi in Liverpool.[54] He later pleaded guilty to criminal damage and was fined £1,000 and was ordered to pay compensation to the taxi driver for breaking a window. Ranger said that he was enraged by being called a rapist by the driver.[55]

On 28 April 2014 Ranger was charged with criminal damage after an incident at a block of flats in Swindon on 13 April.[56] He was later fined for damage to the door of his flat in relation to this incident which was captured on CCTV, in an incident where he additionally appeared to strike his female companion three times on the face.[57]

In May 2014, Ranger was found not guilty of being drunk in charge of his vehicle, after being found asleep in the driver's seat of his car on the M4 motorway.[58]

In December 2016, Ranger was charged with conspiracy to defraud and conspiracy to commit money laundering, in respect of offences alleged to have been committed in February 2015.[59] In January 2017, he pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud at Wood Green Crown Court.[60] On 23 May 2017, he was sentenced to eight months in prison.[8] On 11 August 2017, he was released after 10 weeks of his sentence due to "his consistently excellent custodial behaviour", remaining under curfew for the next five weeks.[61]

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
I don't think Tommy could compete with this....

From Nile Rangers Wikipedia page

In 2007, at the age of 15, he was sentenced to 11 weeks in a Young Offenders Institute after being convicted of participating in street robbery in Muswell Hill, London.

In May 2011 Ranger was questioned by Newcastle after posing with a replica gun in a photograph.[44]

On 27 August 2011 he was arrested on suspicion of assaulting a man in Newcastle city centre, leaving the victim unconscious in the street. Ranger was subsequently dropped to Newcastle United's reserve team. He was found not guilty of the charge in October 2012.[45]

In October 2011 he was charged with being drunk and disorderly in Newcastle's Cathedral Square. The charge came only days after Ranger had been reinstated to Newcastle United's first-team training after a three-month exile in the club's reserves.[46]

In March 2012, he was fined by The FA for making homophobic comments on social networking website Twitter.[47]

In the early hours of 23 September 2012, police were called to a house in Enfield, north London after reports of a disturbance. The front door of the property was badly damaged and Ranger was arrested at the scene and later charged with criminal damage.[48] The charge against Ranger was dropped that November after the court accepted his explanation that he had damaged the door after fearing his girlfriend was being kidnapped.[49]

On 25 January 2013, Ranger was arrested on suspicion of rape in a Newcastle hotel room.[50] In connection with the same alleged offence, Ranger was charged with rape on 8 July 2013.[51] On 4 March 2014 he was cleared of the charge at Newcastle Crown Court.[52]

On 14 March 2013, Ranger was charged with common assault after an incident in Newcastle city centre.[53]

On 23 March 2014, Ranger was arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage to a taxi in Liverpool.[54] He later pleaded guilty to criminal damage and was fined £1,000 and was ordered to pay compensation to the taxi driver for breaking a window. Ranger said that he was enraged by being called a rapist by the driver.[55]

On 28 April 2014 Ranger was charged with criminal damage after an incident at a block of flats in Swindon on 13 April.[56] He was later fined for damage to the door of his flat in relation to this incident which was captured on CCTV, in an incident where he additionally appeared to strike his female companion three times on the face.[57]

In May 2014, Ranger was found not guilty of being drunk in charge of his vehicle, after being found asleep in the driver's seat of his car on the M4 motorway.[58]

In December 2016, Ranger was charged with conspiracy to defraud and conspiracy to commit money laundering, in respect of offences alleged to have been committed in February 2015.[59] In January 2017, he pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud at Wood Green Crown Court.[60] On 23 May 2017, he was sentenced to eight months in prison.[8] On 11 August 2017, he was released after 10 weeks of his sentence due to "his consistently excellent custodial behaviour", remaining under curfew for the next five weeks.[61]
[/quote]

But can he score goals.....................JOKE JOKE HONEST :lol:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
To provide a bit of balance, there are quite a few 'not guiltys' in that list.

It wouldn't surprise me if Adams was tempted to give him a spin as a Jake Jervis replacement, as he shares a lot of the same (footballing) attributes. Tall, quick, right sided attacker.

Jan 4, 2016
Biggs":2n0culn3 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Adams was tempted to give him a spin as a Jake Jervis replacement, as he shares a lot of the same (footballing) attributes. Tall, quick, right sided attacker.

Well he's clearly got talent, if he behaved & committed himself i'm sure he would be a well sought after player right now. Unfortunately he's got a knack for causing trouble & is described as uncoachable.

I'm not sure Derek has the charisma or patience to turn him around!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Joseveth":2b2emg23 said:
Biggs":2b2emg23 said:

Well he's clearly got talent, if he behaved & committed himself i'm sure he would be a well sought after player right now. Unfortunately he's got a knack for causing trouble & is described as uncoachable.

Charisma, patience!!! I'd be amazed if DA gave him a second thought.

Jan 4, 2016
davie nine":2wun6pxk said:
Joseveth":2wun6pxk said:
Biggs":2wun6pxk said:

Charisma, patience!!! I'd be amazed if DA gave him a second thought.

Yep too bleddy right, and why should he? Ranger honestly seems like a lost cause.

I'd rather Anthony Stokes over Nile Ranger if we were to gamble on that sort of player.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
philmeboots":1iwagjvg said:
If you’re looking for a bad boy and reckon DA can control him Anthony Stokes would be a good bet.

I agree.