Bobby Reid | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Bobby Reid

Apr 1, 2009
Hat trick today, and now joint top scorer in the Championship. I didn't see that in him when he was with us.

Aug 5, 2016
Me neither! I saw a midfielder with a considerable engine but ordinary end product. I wish Bobby well but his success at such a decent standard is quite a surprise!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I remember seeing Geoff Hurst at Home Park as a struggling right wing-half back for West Ham against Argyle on 5 January 1962. We won 3-0 and Jim McAnearney ran him wild. 4 years and a half years later I was fortunate enough to be at Wembley to see him score a hat-trick from the centre-forward position. You just never know!

G

Greenskin

I didn't see Reid struggling or being ordinary at all, thought he was a very good player with a good range of passing and obvious potential to do well in pro football, ditto Joe Bryan. Must admit that Reid didn't come across as a potential striker though, kudos to Johnson jr for spotting that one.

Apr 1, 2009
Greenskin":3m2p20v5 said:
I didn't see Reid struggling or being ordinary at all, thought he was a very good player with a good range of passing and obvious potential to do well in pro football, ditto Joe Bryan. Must admit that Reid didn't come across as a potential striker though, kudos to Johnson jr for spotting that one.

I never said Reid was poor. I rated his contribution for us, and also his potential in midfield. I did hate his "floaty" corners though! My point was merely that I don't think any of us imagined he would be a prolific Championship striker. I imagine City have him on a long contract, so he's now worth many millions.

G

Greenskin

xmastree":1qfojoph said:
Greenskin":1qfojoph said:

I never said Reid was poor. I rated his contribution for us, and also his potential in midfield. I did hate his "floaty" corners though! My point was merely that I don't think any of us imagined he would be a prolific Championship striker. I imagine City have him on a long contract, so he's now worth many millions.

I know you didn't and absolutely agree about the corners, just as bad as Lameiras taking short corners when you have two excellent deliverers of a ball in Carey and Fox.

Jun 24, 2008
Remarkable. Same could be said for Yala Bolasie.. I still can't believe he moved to Everton for £30 Million. A dangerously quick player but without any end product.

Can only be they grew with confidence and the ability was well coached. They both strike me as players who were raw and had desire to be better players.

Jan 7, 2016
Kernow
davie nine":1nh5wr4r said:
It would not surprise me to see Lameiras make similar progress in the next 2 or 3 years.

I'm hopeful Lameiras could be a regular goalscorer in the Championship as early as next season. (For us!)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Reid was quite young, lightweight and inexperienced when he came to us. If he has worked hard on his game & body then he will succeed and deserve to.
Well done son!! :thumbs: :scarf:

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
He was a quality player and I did comment on this during his time here when the usual accusations of 'lightweight' (read-anybody under 6ft 2" with an ounce of ability) were being bandied about. Good players need good players around them, Hourihane was another example. Reid's delivery was poor on occasions--tended to be accurate but lacked pace, but you could see there was a very talented player there. What money that both Conor and Bobby end up in the Premier League?