Jason Holt - Rangers (Signed for Fleetwood) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Jason Holt - Rangers (Signed for Fleetwood)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Knibbsworth":eti08rx0 said:
Neilz5419":eti08rx0 said:
“The Home Park team would not have to shell too much out to secure Holt, with a modest six-figure sum likely to be enough to release him to England”

I love this bit of reporting.
A modest six-figure sum! That’s life changing for some, people could even have sleepless nights at the thought. Money doesn’t guarantee success though and it would be strange to be paying fees when we’ve been relying on released/out of contract players, if he does sign I’m sure DA feels he will improve the starting 11 and not just the squad.

Considering both the money that flows in football even in League One/Two, and also the money Adams has earned PAFC, a transfer fee of £100,000 is fairly modest.

Luton paid that for half a season of Jake Jervis, a bench warmer for us and subsequently them.

It may well come down to inbred Scottish canniness with money. You do not see many investment trust companies or wealth management groups in Cardill as compared to the number in Edinburgh. Jones the Manager at Luton appears a sound chap but is he as shrewd as DA? i think not. £100k is a lot of money at this level to make mistakes about.

Feb 17, 2017
Knibbsworth":1ni6il0u said:
Neilz5419":1ni6il0u said:
“The Home Park team would not have to shell too much out to secure Holt, with a modest six-figure sum likely to be enough to release him to England”

A modest six-figure sum! That’s life changing for some, people could even have sleepless nights at the thought. Money doesn’t guarantee success though and it would be strange to be paying fees when we’ve been relying on released/out of contract players, if he does sign I’m sure DA feels he will improve the starting 11 and not just the squad.

Considering both the money that flows in football even in League One/Two, and also the money Adams has earned PAFC, a transfer fee of £100,000 is fairly modest.

Luton paid that for half a season of Jake Jervis, a bench warmer for us and subsequently them.

Where does it mention 100k? I would say a modest six-figure sum is more like 250-300k

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Or it could be a loan. With a smaller loan fee, a future permanent fee, or otherwise.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Holt has been told he can leave Rangers. Whether that means sold, loaned or freed, who knows?

Daily Record

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Stiffler":2jfwu1x9 said:
Could be our Captain for the season.
I hope not; I am always nervous of the "Peter Swan" effect and bringing in the Captain.

I'd much prefer it was somebody already here; assuming the reports that Sawyer and Fox are to resign, it would be one of those two for me.

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
This would be a great signing. Unfortunately I'm not convinced we'll see him playing for us next season.

Jan 27, 2012
The Rangers fans have mixed opinions of him (and in my opinion Rangers play in a league similar to League One in terms of the standard of football). However, I do quite like the sound of this fella- he clearly has an eye for goal. If Argyle really are interested, then it probably depends on whether other clubs are interested and how much cash they can chuck around. The big problem Argyle have this year is that the granstand refurb is sucking up funds and attendances may be down due to the works.

I see Cardiff have released Kennedy- I thought he was an exciting player with an eye for goal. I wonder if he would also be under consideration ? I would imagine his stock has fallen at Portsmouth as he was often a substitute.

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
Played in same side as Waghorn who went to Ipswich and did well at Championship level.

Who knows but looks like a decent option...comes with his own song to tune of Gold also....

May 29, 2018
gaspargomez":3c0sztlq said:
The Rangers fans have mixed opinions of him (and in my opinion Rangers play in a league similar to League One in terms of the standard of football). However, I do quite like the sound of this fella- he clearly has an eye for goal. If Argyle really are interested, then it probably depends on whether other clubs are interested and how much cash they can chuck around. The big problem Argyle have this year is that the granstand refurb is sucking up funds and attendances may be down due to the works.

I see Cardiff have released Kennedy- I thought he was an exciting player with an eye for goal. I wonder if he would also be under consideration ? I would imagine his stock has fallen at Portsmouth as he was often a substitute.

I would have Kennedy back great little player and still young.

Would give DA lots of options going forward

Aug 5, 2016
Quintrell_Green":407y7k1i said:
Knibbsworth":407y7k1i said:
Neilz5419":407y7k1i said:

It may well come down to inbred Scottish canniness with money. You do not see many investment trust companies or wealth management groups in Cardill as compared to the number in Edinburgh. Jones the Manager at Luton appears a sound chap but is he as shrewd as DA? i think not. £100k is a lot of money at this level to make mistakes about.

I completely agree. For similar reasons, the British Empire used primarily Scots in their colonial administration of India.

For the same reasons, I can't see Adams paying £300,000 to buy out one year of a 26 year old's contract. Argyle would want him to sign a three year contract after a fee like that, after which he'll be pushing thirty with little resale value. Adams won't throw money away like that, I'm certain.

If Rangers don't want him and don't need him, they'll take £100,000. Why not? Otherwise he's just warming their bench until he's out of contract.

Nov 25, 2015
Argyle-sy":qsmjbiim said:
cheshiregreen":qsmjbiim said:
Some views from Ibrox fans.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/thre ... yle.33523/

Holt was captain for few Rangers game earlier this year.

I don't know which is funnier, a Rangers fan thinking that Holt could do better than Argyle, or Rangers fans thinking they have any chance of winning the league again.

Holt could absolutely do better than Argyle in financial terms, and Rangers are going to be a massively different proposition next season under Gerrard. Celtic’s days of smugly picking up trophies uncontested are over (I hope)

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Jannerbear":y4x8d9yx said:
Argyle-sy":y4x8d9yx said:
cheshiregreen":y4x8d9yx said:
Some views from Ibrox fans.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/thre ... yle.33523/

Holt was captain for few Rangers game earlier this year.

I don't know which is funnier, a Rangers fan thinking that Holt could do better than Argyle, or Rangers fans thinking they have any chance of winning the league again.

Holt could absolutely do better than Argyle in financial terms, and Rangers are going to be a massively different proposition next season under Gerrard. Celtic’s days of smugly picking up trophies uncontested are over (I hope)

To be fair, Argyle are a club on the up, One of the best managers in the lower divisions, great home and away support, if I had the choice of that or a playing in a grotty northern S***hole. As for Celtic's days of picking up trophies contested being over I would put money saying otherwise. Celtic are a level above Rangers and anyone else in the Scottish prem, and it will take a lot more in my opinion than Gerard's arrival to have them anywhere near the same level of consistency as Celtic

Nov 25, 2015
Looks like he’s off to Fleetwood on loan. Shame we can’t compete with the sort of wages they’re paying.