Players offered new contracts | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Players offered new contracts

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":1x8v89cb said:
I think Adams knows Sawyer won't be first choice left-back and offered a contract accordingly although he can play at centre-back and right-back.

When Adams changed formation in December and went narrow with Carey and Lameiras as two number 10s it was left to the full backs to supply the width almost playing as wingbacks but in a flat back four, Threlkeld had the pace and energy and coped well but Sawyer struggled, especially when getting back which allowed the opposition to exploit the space.
On the plus side when Sawyer did get forward his crosses were excellent, better than most wingers.

We now have Riley at right-back who admits he's full of energy, we now need a first choice left-back with pace and energy.
Assuming Adams goes with the same formation as the second half of last season.

Fox mentioned several times last season that the travelling to see his family in the north and being away from his family was taking its toll so it would be a surprise if he stayed. He's getting older so would he be able to cope with the games and double training sessions?

It would be great if Fox stayed, a proper footballer who keeps it simple.

From a selfish point of view I hope Fox doesn't get offered something up North. At his age it may be difficult.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Beemerbeale":2b5mpckr said:
Confirmed Fox and Sawyer signed

Where? Cannot find anything on the official site.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Mike Greening":2n8txg32 said:
Beemerbeale":2n8txg32 said:
Confirmed Fox and Sawyer signed

Where? Cannot find anything on the official site.
Facebook. :D

Jan 30, 2016
Sawyer will make a good utility backup for the full back and centre half positions. I think we need a left back who has pace.
I am delighted if Fox has signed again he is sheer class.
Sorry to see that Bradley is definitely going to Luton.

Anyone have news of Sang'oo? I would like him to sign as I do think he has potential.

Mar 23, 2008
I think that box Fox and Sawyer are part of the DNA of the club, Sawyer in particular given his historical links to the club but David Fox has been a class act for us, on and off the pitch and both are such good characters. I think with Luke going, Sawyer staying is even more important as it maintains a real local, authentic Argyle element at the club. Add to the mix Wottsy as assistant manager, i do think that's important, people who do have a real feel for the club.

I suspect, without sounding harsh, that if Gary Sawyer wasn't who he is then he probably wouldn't have been offered a contract and thanked hugely for his contribution over the last few years and released. However whilst a new and more dynamic left back would help take us to the next level, i think it's important to have good characters around the dressing room so i really hope both stay and ditto Songo'o.

Nov 22, 2006
Really happy if both Fox and Sawyer stay important to have older wider heads in and around the squad and both have been so important to our progression over the past couple of years, don't care either way about Songo'o is a ok position filler but bizarrely over rated by some in the Argyle fanbase and could be replaced easier than the other two

Sep 6, 2006
AlanMS":71mrhku6 said:
Sawyer will make a good utility backup for the full back and centre half positions. I think we need a left back who has pace.

Anyone have news of Sang'oo? I would like him to sign as I do think he has potential.

Potential for what?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Balham_Green":3g0xcrmz said:
AlanMS":3g0xcrmz said:

Potential for what?

To be the only player in our squad with three O's in his name? :think:

Apr 24, 2006
Newton Abbot
I for one would really like to Songo'o sign on.

I'm not sure it it's because I have always preferred a heart on the sleeve character, a hoofer, a blocker, a bloke who isn't afraid to put his head in where it hurts, and somebody who will put everything behind the ball.

Boy he has saved us some precious points in the last 2 seasons. His substitute appearance in the 2nd half away at Doncaster was immense.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
StaddyGreen":1yau20wr said:
I for one would really like to Songo'o sign on.

I'm not sure it it's because I have always preferred a heart on the sleeve character, a hoofer, a blocker, a bloke who isn't afraid to put his head in where it hurts, and somebody who will put everything behind the ball.

Boy he has saved us some precious points in the last 2 seasons. His substitute appearance in the 2nd half away at Doncaster was immense.

100% Great squad member. Every team needs a few like Yann!! :nworthy:

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Sawyer lucky to be offered a contract the left side was weak all season, I think Fox will only be a bit part player this season.

Jan 11, 2017
dunlop":3iohpjyo said:
Sawyer lucky to be offered a contract the left side was weak all season, I think Fox will only be a bit part player this season.

I doubt he’d sign on to be a bit part player, especially with his family being so far away

Mar 14, 2009
If Sawyer and Fox sign on l too would hope they are more squad members.

The reason is simple for me. Lack of pace. Sawyer would be targeted again.

In midfield we desperately need someone who is more mobile, especially to cover the counter attacks. This is my hope for a new DM. Which means Fox would be used more sparingly. If Fox is gonna be a first name on the team sheet then unfortunately, when defending, his lack of mobility will be targeted.

Prime example of Argyles lack of pace last year was Wigan. Kept doing us on the counter attack. That man, Macey again. We just didn’t get enough cover back to help the centre halves.