Some interesting League One figures. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Some interesting League One figures.

Aug 23, 2009
Southway
There were figures published a while back showing the losses made by championship clubs , it made me question if Iā€™d ever really want us to make it there again. Of course we all do but at what cost would it be ?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is why weā€™re not competing with those clubs with the (PERCEIVED) top players.

Weā€™re going about things the right way and weā€™re doing ok. We really are.

Mar 14, 2009
Hmmm.....Blackburn (this season) surely would of been heavily in debt.

Sunderland were another.

Itā€™s surely depends on the owners. For example, Sunderland were losing money in vast sums. However, the old owner was owed the money and wrote it off when the new owners took over.

Those figures maybe misleading because the debts maybe made up of loans made to the club by the owners, which might be written off in some cases.

It really depends on the type of owner you have and whether he is prepared to except losses to his own pocket, as some have done.

Feb 17, 2017
Not very accurate, Shrewsbury did not make a loss they made a 500k profit for a start, pretty much gave up on it after that, I put together something similar on the anti Brent brigade thread with the correct figures. Not sure why theyā€™ve missed off all the clubs running at a profit which is nearly half the league, including Peterborough, Walsall, Shrewsbury and so on.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Metal_Green_Mickey":rlp7rrha said:
Hmmm.....Blackburn (this season) surely would have been heavily in debt.

Sunderland were another.

Itā€™s surely depends on the owners. For example, Sunderland were losing money in vast sums. However, the old owner was owed the money and wrote it off when the new owners took over.

Those figures maybe misleading because the debts maybe made up of loans made to the club by the owners, which might be written off in some cases.

It really depends on the type of owner you have and whether he is prepared to except losses to his own pocket, as some have done.

As Ian said, up to June 2017 and before we got there. So no Sunderland or Blackburn.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
SatisfiedinSouthway":2dtv9f0i said:
There were figures published a while back showing the losses made by championship clubs , it made me question if Iā€™d ever really want us to make it there again. Of course we all do but at what cost would it be ?

Most of them are run like basket cases. Certainly the highest spending ones like Forest, Derby and Villa. Wolves would be an exception.

The lean, mean clubs with a vision... like Huddersfield, Bournemouth, PNE, Brentford and Swansea etc etc... can thrive. Again, relegated Barnsley are an exception but itā€™s not out of the question that we could join the former group.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I definitely think that there are number of clubs demonstrating a number of unsustainnble losses rather than sustainable. The open question is how long they can continue without getting promotion and a Championship level Grant, or, being lucky enough to unearth a player who can be sold for mega bucks. I wonder if the Club's Auditors qualify their published Trading Accounts appropriately?

Oct 31, 2015
Blimey those Charlton and Bolton figures are eye watering. Im happy to keep our business model to be honest.

What do the figures look like in the championship

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
This is the latest I can find in a format I can show on here.

V03lK9B.png

Mar 8, 2016
Iā€™m sure Hereford had already dropped out of the league when they went into admin, Iā€™ve s feeling the last team may have been Coventry City. Itā€™s been a while now since a club has gone into admin. Surely clubs canā€™t continue with the losses being shown in above posts, something has to give. You have to admire the modal argyle are taking, donā€™t get me wrong itā€™s frustratung as hell at times as a supporter not seeing Adams have a bigger budget, however we have to look at the bigger picture, one day the club will get itā€™s just rewards for running on such a sound financial footing.

Stuart House

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
ā€œWhy canā€™t we compete with the likes of Fleetwood with their gates FFS? ā€œ

ā€œCos they blew Ā£3.9m in losses and we didnā€™t FFS.ā€

The fleetwood model is fine is you have an owner to swallow it. We donā€™t and JB shouldnā€™t be criticised for that, he should be applauded because he was there when no one else was.

Thatā€™s not to say we will ever compete and progress with this philosophy whilst other clubs continue as they are. We are lucky with Adams at present. But that certainly isnā€™t JBs fault.