Grandstand refurb | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Grandstand refurb

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
The problem is their ramblings drown out any moderate & reasoned criticism of the current board/development. I'm not sure they understand how little credibility they actually have.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Hmmm, it’s a bit odd dedicating the majority of a blog to what happens in a portakabin control room. The elephant in the room being the complete and absolute silence on what is really important - the signing of contracts to actually start work on the Grandstand, and more importantly, all of the issues that are stopping that happening.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Perhaps something's at a delicate stage Grumps, who knows, unless you do and you're not telling us.

Aug 5, 2015
Well they’re hardly going to be taking the roof off or digging up the terracing or chucking out all the old seats when the place is rammed with people and a football match going on. The time to whinge is this time next year if it looks like nothing’s happening. Patience is a virtue. Shame some people don’t have it.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Mr Gillingham":1r1xm1h4 said:
Control room!?! Looks more like a shipping container!

Now, now, I got told off for referring to a temporary building - 'tis a modular structure.

May 22, 2006
Mr Gillingham":1jh2xgx5 said:
Control room!?! Looks more like a shipping container!

Bleddy maritime tradition innit? Argo recognising their locality. None of that generic crap. Green too, what more do people want? I dunno, no bleddy pleasing some people.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I 100% guarantee if that control room was a permanent looking structure, people would be saying ‘AH! That’s proof they won’t be filling in the corners any time soon’.

It looks smart and functional for the very unsexy purpose it has. You really can’t win sometimes.

Sep 3, 2011
Kentishgreen":2vjfd79j said:
Well they’re hardly going to be taking the roof off or digging up the terracing or chucking out all the old seats when the place is rammed with people and a football match going on. The time to whinge is this time next year if it looks like nothing’s happening. Patience is a virtue. Shame some people don’t have it.
This time next year is the completion date! I presumed work had already started on the Grandstand

Jun 2, 2016
Mr Gillingham":xqmj0p11 said:
Kentishgreen":xqmj0p11 said:
This time next year is the completion date! I presumed work had already started on the Grandstand
For completeness, what are your qualifications within the construction industry?

Nov 2, 2004
Kentishgreen":3nyen1ii said:
Judging from all the evidence from photos and webcams I had assumed that work had already started.

I am not sure that contracts have been signed yet.I might be wrong.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
No body working today :coat:

Aug 5, 2015
So what if contracts have been signed or not? For anyone with eyes rather than an agenda it is very, very clear that work has been carried on by someone. People don’t usually do work unless they’ve been contracted to do so.