Grandstand refurb | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Grandstand refurb

Aug 5, 2005
I think some people assumed that as soon as work started, someone would blow a whistle and a big wrecking ball, bulldozers and cranes would descend on Home Park and flatten the Mayflower to powder.

Until that happens, those people will still describe the work being done as 'not work'

Mar 20, 2008
I think those that are worried are suggesting that although contracts have been signed for the enabling works they haven’t for the main project - I am sure we will find out one way or another once the season starts - and unless they are short of a small sum like £10, there s little I could do to assist even if I did know

B

Bonehead

Right to put everyone’s mind at rest can it be confirmed that this thing is actually going to be built , for twenty years we have been treated like crap , is it happening or not , are the funding rumours true? PS I’m not anti Brent blah blah but just want it clarified

Aug 5, 2015
How many public companies do you know who publicise every single contract they enter into? I don’t think there has been any major changes to the grandstand or Mayflower in living memory. We have been told it is going to happen. Who’s told you it isn’t?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
plymouth1970":3ax7qshd said:
Right to put everyone’s mind at rest can it be confirmed that this thing is actually going to be built , for twenty years we have been treated like crap , is it happening or not , are the funding rumours true? PS I’m not anti Brent blah blah but just want it clarified

What funding rumours?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
IJN":1526h0nq said:
plymouth1970":1526h0nq said:

What funding rumours?

I thought it was confirmed that it was going to be built ages ago? They got planning permission and all sorts of technical stuff went on.
Anyone got anything substantial to prove that it isn't going to happen, or that it isn't already happening? :think:

Nov 2, 2004
I believe that no contractor has yet been signed up.I have no agenda.Fingers crossed.If a contract has been signed I stand to be corrected.Q abuse.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
No abuse this end.

I was wondering though what the funding issues were, I haven’t heard that one!

Mike Greening was told last week at Parkway that JB was being ousted. He was told that by a vey ex Director. :greensmile: All poppycock, but there you go.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I’d like to know what plans we have to fill in the corners ?

In the current plans we have changing rooms and a control room in the corners. This appears short sighted and I’m starting to doubt whether the corners were ever planned to be filled in.

Does anyone know of any 2nd phase to fill the corners in?

Sorry to sound negative but I’m quite gutted about the refurb/redevelopment.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
JannerinCardiff":18swswio said:

In the current plans we have changing rooms and a control room in the corners. This appears short sighted and I’m starting to doubt whether the corners were ever planned to be filled in.

I think (and can't be bothered to find links):

1. Changing rooms will be hidden under the corner seats once filled, they'll be integrated like they are at the moment
2. Control room is temporary (this point has been done to death), in all of the blogs referring to it point out that it's a temp feature. The recent change in planning was that the control room initially planned for the grandstand to the left of the stand as it is currently (looking from the pitch) would have blocked supporters views. The new location is yet to be confirmed. This is covered in the latest blog post.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
JannerinCardiff":fr77596p said:

Poster of only a few days standing starts negative thread about grandstand development. Hmmmm ?? :think:

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
JannerinCardiff":2zrkk6sn said:

https://www.plymouth.gov.uk/sites/defau ... gs2017.pdf

To try to answer your question JIC, the link I have given is from a meeting of the Safety Advisory Group, Argyle and PCC represented. The minutes date from June 2017.

They tell of Phase 2.

There are many many photographs of the proposed Phase 2, often mistaken by the Herald when discussing Phase 1, easily accessible on the internet.

You will note Phase 1 includes the new changing rooms at the south eastern end of the Grandstand.

You will also note Phase 1 is due to start in January 2018 and take 12 months to complete.

The minutes report Phase 2 will join the corners with the rest of the stadium. However, to date there has been no indication of when this proposal will commence or how it will be funded.

The supporters bar was intended to be completed early September 2018, but I believe planning issues are still to be resolved.

Hope that helps.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I’ve had this a few times now which is starting to cheese me off..I can absolutely tell you I am not one if these trolls with multi accounts. I plan to go to the Bristol City game and am happy to meet any one to show my drivers licence.

Can’t you be a new poster with a difference of opinion without being slurred that your something you’re not.

Btw thank you to the posters that gave me some facts about the corners, really informative.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
tonycholwell":181yj3yu said:
JannerinCardiff":181yj3yu said:

To try to answer your question JIC, the link I have given is from a meeting of the Safety Advisory Group, Argyle and PCC represented. The minutes date from June 2017.

They tell of Phase 2.

There are many many photographs of the proposed Phase 2, often mistaken by the Herald when discussing Phase 1, easily accessible on the internet.

You will note Phase 1 includes the new changing rooms at the south eastern end of the Grandstand.

You will also note Phase 1 is due to start in January 2018 and take 12 months to complete.

The minutes report Phase 2 will join the corners with the rest of the stadium. However, to date there has been no indication of when this proposal will commence or how it will be funded.

The supporters bar was intended to be completed early September 2018, but I believe planning issues are still to be resolved.

Hope that helps.

Many thanks, much appreciated..