Home Park Now or Then ? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Home Park Now or Then ?

Feb 24, 2008
Evening All ! Just had a debate with my 16 year old Daughter about Home Park ! She has only really known the ground as it is now but I've been telling her what it was like in the 70/80's with my beloved Terraces etc !

Just loved the Old Ground ! Ok it was a bit rickity but had character especially the old Devonport End with original Roof !

Question ! Old Ground ( Pre Taylor Report ) or New All Seater Stadium or maybe a blend of the two ?

Keep it Green !

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Old one, loved the standing in the demport end leaning against a cold metal barrier.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
Old one all day long for the fantastic atmosphere that could be created within. New one now cos I'm older and need a seat albeit in a stale over regulated stadium.

Aug 4, 2011
Old one, no question. Was really excited when the new stands were going up in 2001, but that has taken away alot of enjoyable times.

Imagine the Trigger goal vs QPR, and Hartley late winner v Pompey in the old ground!

Graham Green

✨Pasoti Donor✨
May 26, 2010
Swindon
Yep. Old one. Atmosphere on big game days (and particularly nights) terrific.
Agree about old songs too (but not the racist/homophobic chants).
Sweet molly malone, Gawd bugger janner etc.
8000 packed in Demport alone?....
Beer from the back of the Lyndhurst Terracing..
Going misty eyed and going into Ron Manager mode.
Smell of linament......Hm?
Jumpers for goalposts.... Hm?
Marvellous!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Agree, used to love the Smelly End giving stick to the Managers and subs. Brilliant days to be an Argyle fan.

B

batesy65

Defo old days,back row demport up stairs at back first barrier on the left.

Feb 24, 2008
football-bet-data":2elbybv1 said:
Old one, no question. Was really excited when the new stands were going up in 2001, but that has taken away alot of enjoyable times.

Imagine the Trigger goal vs QPR, and Hartley late winner v Pompey in the old ground!

Old ground all day long!

And the old away grounds, all unique.

Terraces - crowd surges, free to jump around randomly when scoring, stand where you want.

Kids today don't know what they are missing

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Lyndhurst Road End":300s9jnd said:
football-bet-data":300s9jnd said:

Old ground all day long!

Terraces - crowd surges, free to jump around randomly when scoring, stand where you want.

What I really miss is 'swapping ends' at HT to watch Argo attacking!! :scarf:

Jul 25, 2011
Bedfordgreens":321aq04i said:
Evening All ! Just had a debate with my 16 year old Daughter about Home Park ! She has only really known the ground as it is now but I've been telling her what it was like in the 70/80's with my beloved Terraces etc !

Just loved the Old Ground ! Ok it was a bit rickity but had character especially the old Devonport End with original Roof !

Question ! Old Ground ( Pre Taylor Report ) or New All Seater Stadium or maybe a blend of the two ?

Keep it Green !
Definitely the old HP for me,ditto most grounds. Btw did you ever frequent the ford end rd at the old Eyrie ?
According to science... 'Low self-esteem or a sense of despair over life's meaning can also drive nostalgic musings'
well, FU science :furious: you don't know me.
Lil ol wine drinker me.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Lyndhurst Road End":3mtmzgxu said:
football-bet-data":3mtmzgxu said:

Old ground all day long!

It's not just the kids. Pretty much nobody under the age of 30 will remember Home Park as it was.