✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Liz Fraser from the Carry on Films amongst other things. RIP.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Maartin Allcock, musician who was in two of my all-time favourite groups - Fairport Convention and Jethro Tull.

He announced some time ago that he had terminal cancer, but made a point at appearing at the Cropredy festival a couple of weeks ago. So sad he passed so suddenly after that.

Meet on the ledge.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Chas and Dave are one of those acts which I utterly hated as a teenager but, as a grumpy, red-wine drinking, middle-aged bloke, I realised are (sorry, were) actually very, very good. Except for Snooker Loopy. Still hate that track.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
I tend not to come on 'Terraces' too often, in the hope of avoiding the hideous 'word association' thread, so when I did look just now, I was dismayed to read about the passing of Kevin Beattie and Maartin Alcocok (like you Quinny, loved Fairport and Tull). RIP both.
Also Chas Hodges (who's passing I had heard about). Saw Chas and Dave live at half time at The Lane once. Always great fun and I loved the Courage ad. I hadn't realised he played in Heads Hands and Feet though... great band with the mercurial Albert Lee on guitar. RIP Chas.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
andyr1963":17zyywqo said:
Quinny":17zyywqo said:
Chas and Dave are one of those acts which I utterly hated as a teenager but, as a grumpy, red-wine drinking, middle-aged bloke, I realised are (sorry, were) actually very, very good. Except for Snooker Loopy. Still hate that track.

Chas and Dave and The Wurzles, both acts I have derided in the past but having seen both "live" I have revised my poor opinion of both.

Absolutely superb live acts. :thumbs:

RIP Chas :nworthy:

Anyone who wants a flavour of what the guy actually did/could do, I recommend BBC I-player, last week's Geoff Barker Sunday Rock & Roll Show Tribute.
Listening now. Great Jerry Lee 'Tribute' tracks with him on the old joanna.

First Number 1 Chas played on?

Johny remember Me - John Leyton.

He played bass guitar (The Outlaws). Got £7.10s!!

Now Cliff Bennett and the Rebel Rousers! 'Got to get you into my life'

Chas was in my life more than I ever knew!

Respect :nworthy:
R.I.P.