Charlton up next | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Charlton up next

Oct 16, 2016
Was a brilliant day out last season, from 0657 on the train the morning of the game the travelling greens made it fun. Always enjoy a footballing Saturday in London.

The result and performance was poor on the day but Argyle could take a point from this and that could certainly be a fillip for the team, come Saturday

Making a weekend of it with argyle on Saturday, Wet Spam c Chelsea on the Sunday (I have no compunction for either team but a preference against those horrible Chavs sees me hoping for a Wet Spam win)

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Cracking day out.

No comment on the result.

Forest of Dean Green

āœ… Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Looking forward to this. Two nights in London. Swimming the Serpentine for charity on Saturday morning. Game in tbe afternoon. Dinner in town Saturday night. The only thing that might spoil it........ is a repeat of last year

Apr 20, 2011
Tetbury
It canā€™t be any worse than last season. Iā€™ve never looked forward to an away day more than that one - I really thought it was our moment. I got in a minute or so late, just as their first goal went in. It was downhill from there.

Apr 5, 2008
Season finished after that defeat ,maybe our season will start Saturday ,all we need is a win

Aug 12, 2018
Really looking forward to next weekend. Borough Market for pre match lunch and then train down the Valley in the afternoon hoping that the new manager gets off to a flyer :cool: Followed by Wooooaaaaahhhhh Anthony Joshua at Wembley under lights with 80,000 :scarf: :razz: :jumpforjoy:

Oct 14, 2015
Yep....got my tickets for this one as reasonably local for myself and my son. I'm sure Kyle Taylor will attempt to continue his role as pantomime villain. A player we love to hate but would welcome him at HP in a heartbeat...always enjoy London fixtures

Sep 13, 2003
Centre Circle":333k5o2h said:
It canā€™t be any worse than last season. Iā€™ve never looked forward to an away day more than that one - I really thought it was our moment. I got in a minute or so late, just as their first goal went in. It was downhill from there.

It most definitely could be worse than last season. I am going with 4-0 Charlton. Working nights so cannot make it but hope everyone enjoys the day.

Feb 2, 2007
Team and manager will be working hard on the train8ng ground plotting how to keep the score down. 3-0 defeat will result.

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Heading up to the smoke for this one. Can only see another two or three goal defeat, but we live in hope. Got plans to see walk the two parks between Paddington and Westminster and then catch a boat down the Thames to Greenwich before the game. That should go some way to make up for the football or lack thereof.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Lyle Taylor tore us apart even with Bradley and Vuner playing last season so dread to think what heā€™s gonna do to us on Saturday.

Princerock

ā™£ļø PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
I went to this game last year....it was Lee Bowyer's first game in temporary charge....Charlton had been struggling before he was given the task of looking after them between managers.

I have a confession to make....I have tried to bring my son up right and proper...but he was born up this way in 1970 and in the late 70's early 80's I used to take him and his mate down the old Valley ground....they used to get bored in the early years and used to enjoy running up and down the giant banking that used to face the main stand.
Fast-Track forward to last years game...I felt reasonably confident of a result.....my son and grandson Charlton season ticket holders, didn't expect much from the game....Charlton had been falling away badly...and had just sacked their manager and Bowyer was in charge for the match.

It was humiliating...we were sitting directly behind the Argyle goal and as we all know Argyle were blown away in the first few minutes and were soon 2-0 down...but I still had faith that we could turn it around....I had told my son and grandson that Argyle were not to be messed with and that we would turn it around.....like hell...it was all Charlton....how they didn't score more is a miracle....we never ever turn up and I have had to live with the disgrace ever since.

So this coming Saturday the ritual will continue....Lee Bowyer has been doing a good job and is in charge for the whole season and they are 6th in the league....on the other hand Argyle are bottom of the league with 3pts from 8 games....the only team in the division without a win....lowest goal scorers....leakiest defence....Adams has no idea what his best team is...it is a total mess.

I can't just feign an illness, because I'm never ill, I will be going.....we will be sitting behind the goal again, and will I, be subjected to the same humiliation as last year....at my age I'm not sure if I would survive another thrashing at the hands of Charlton.

Charlton are still in turmoil over their Belgium owner...demonstrations and a strong supporters club trying their hardest to get a new owner in.....in the meanwhile the team just keeps on playing without hinderance of all that behind the scenes hassle.

The last nail in the coffin is that they have bought Argyle's No1 dread....LYLE TAYLOR.....why oh why can I not break a leg or something before Saturday.

R

rdr123

Have a great time. Me and my mates are trying to organise our next away trip. We were thinking about Oxford but no one has much enthusiasm at the minute due to obvious reasons!