The fine margins and key turning points... | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The fine margins and key turning points...

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
It's 1 win in our last 15 now.

Unfortunately I don't think that's down to 'fine margins', if it were no wins in 4 or 5 maybe, but 15?

We simply haven't been good enough.

Leo's Grandad

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
Yesterday we should have been 2 down before they scored. Their miss/slice wide and header over from 6 yards out were clear cut chances which if we'd missed I'd be upset about.

We weren't at the races for the first 15 minutes. They attacked down our right at will - at one point I wondered if our back 4 had ever played together as they were like strangers who had never met. They kept finding their number 9 and luckily he was poor or things could have been much worse.

Our hoofball tactic is failing miserably. Even in our darkest days last season we tried to play through midfield.

It's going to be another long winter if things don't go our way soon but I'm still convinced there's 4 teams worse than us in this league - we just don't know who they are yet.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Football changes so, so quickly. And often unexpectedly.

Thereā€™ll be teams out there whoā€™ve made a flying start to the season, who will drop like a stone as the months go by.

Likewise, thereā€™ll be teams including Argyle, who canā€™t buy a win at the moment but WILL improve and do well this season.

Weā€™ve finished top 7 in the last three years, and we know we have quality League One players (the front three especially) despite the noises on this forum.

In my view, the greater threat to us is panicking and ripping it all up to risk something much worse, rather than patience and sticking with the proven manager and team to get it right.

Sep 6, 2006
GreenThing":280ertpp said:
Balham_Green":280ertpp said:
And if my aunt had testicles...
Excuses aren't good enough. It's blatantly obvious to most the team is not playing well. You make your own luck.we could have been 2 or 3 down before Ladapo's effort.

.... or we could have been 2 or 3 up. If your Auntie had testicles works both way.

Just a small difficulty there. We did NOT create 2 or 3 chances. Apart from that a perfectly reasonable argument! ?!

We did, though. Sawyer was getting up the wing and getting crosses in. Those were chances that we should have capitalised on. It seems that a shot off target or saved are only classed as a chance, when a cross 6ā€ too high is not seen as a chance, but is arguably a better chance than a long range shot.

We could have been 3 or 4 up, we could have been 4 or 5 down. Your Auntie could have balls, but your Uncle might also have nice mammaries.

The only thing that matters is that the crosses need someone on the end of them, shots need to be on target and if weā€™re going to insist on letting the opposition come onto us and defend inside the box, the defence have to win the headers. Thereā€™s only a few areas which are letting us down, key areas. Get them right and thereā€™s not really much needed to turn the tanker around.

A cross is not a chance! Doesn't make any sense. If we had played better passed better crossed better shot better yes we could have been 3 or 4 up but quite unlikely with those players.

A cross is a chance. Put a cross into the area where the striker doesnā€™t connect with it is a just as much a chance as someone drilling it wide from 20yds. The work has been done, just the finish is missing.

None you are very confused. A chance is when there is a goal scoring opportunity not somebody out on the wing with the ball who needs to deliver to somebody us. If you don't understand that you haven't even got the basics

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
I donā€™t understand the basics??? If someone crosses the ball into the area and someone fails to get his head on it, that is a chance that has been missed. Iā€™m sorry that confuses you, but if you donā€™t understand the basics, what can I do?

Aug 5, 2005
If only every time we'd kicked the ball towards the goal it had gone in. We'd be top of the league

up the line

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
GreenThing":h0g0jfsf said:
I donā€™t understand the basics??? If someone crosses the ball into the area and someone fails to get his head on it, that is a chance that has been missed. Iā€™m sorry that confuses you, but if you donā€™t understand the basics, what can I do?

OK so by your logic the cross by Riley that sailed into the Devonport End at least 30 foot above anyone goes down as a chance?

Sep 6, 2006
up_the_line":1mpme6tc said:
GreenThing":1mpme6tc said:

OK so by your logic the cross by Riley that sailed into the Devonport End at least 30 foot above anyone goes down as a chance?

Yep should have scored from it?!!! Not even worth arguing with him.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":3byn2c8d said:
up_the_line":3byn2c8d said:
GreenThing":3byn2c8d said:

So by your logic, Paul Gascoine failing to get a touch on the low cross in the Euro 96 semis wasnā€™t a chance.

Iā€™m not worth arguing with? Fair enough, sod off then.

JannerinCardiff

šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æ
ā™£ļø SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Shankster":2qekx1jx said:
Canā€™t polish a turd

And this team has a plethora of poor footballers. Thatā€™s the point

You can when they are really cold/frozen ..

Sep 6, 2006
GreenThing":yzsvy2mc said:
Balham_Green":yzsvy2mc said:
up_the_line":yzsvy2mc said:
GreenThing":yzsvy2mc said:

So by your logic, Paul Gascoine failing to get a touch on the low cross in the Euro 96 semis wasnā€™t a chance.

Ok so to follow your argument how many of those types of chances did we have before we hit the post?

JannerinCardiff

šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æ
ā™£ļø SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Biggs":3fjfbswk said:
Football changes so, so quickly. And often unexpectedly.

Thereā€™ll be teams out there whoā€™ve made a flying start to the season, who will drop like a stone as the months go by.

Likewise, thereā€™ll be teams including Argyle, who canā€™t buy a win at the moment but WILL improve and do well this season.

Weā€™ve finished top 7 in the last three years, and we know we have quality League One players (the front three especially) despite the noises on this forum.

In my view, the greater threat to us is panicking and ripping it all up to risk something much worse, rather than patience and sticking with the proven manager and team to get it right.

Sorry Biggs, I donā€™t think right now we have a single quality L1 player. And Iā€™m including Carey who right now is a shadow of his former self.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":2vnor912 said:
GreenThing":2vnor912 said:
Balham_Green":2vnor912 said:
up_the_line":2vnor912 said:
GreenThing":2vnor912 said:

Ok so to follow your argument how many of those types of chances did we have before we hit the post?

Fā€™ing loads. Iā€™m not worth arguing with so letā€™s leave it at that.

Sep 6, 2006
GreenThing":3x2pbljj said:
Balham_Green":3x2pbljj said:
Balham_Green":3x2pbljj said:
up_the_line":3x2pbljj said:

So we had 'loads' of the Gazza type chances before hitting the post in your opinion?! Hilarious. Watching a different game mate. You are right. Not worth arguing with.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":1uhqv1z7 said:
GreenThing":1uhqv1z7 said:
GreenThing":1uhqv1z7 said:
up_the_line":1uhqv1z7 said:

So we had 'loads' of the Gazza type chances before hitting the post in your opinion?! Hilarious. Watching a different game mate. You are right. Not worth arguing with.

It was a bit of sarcasm as I lost interest in having a discussion with you when you waded in with the ā€˜not worth arguing withā€™ shyte. Iā€™ll save it and have my conversations with the adults in future.