Someone new at the club? (Andrew Parkinson - confirmed) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Someone new at the club? (Andrew Parkinson - confirmed)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It could be that he's been working for the club for a few weeks, but an announcement was bad PR given our position and lack of on-pitch additions.

Now after two wins and Oscar signing, it's a nice time to shout about it a bit more (though nothing on the official site yet).

Aug 3, 2017
Cautiously optimistic on this. It sort of sounds temporary, which is perhaps how we got him, he seems to have a good pedigree and level of exploiting these opportunities. And getting that set up before and as the doors open it exactly the way to it.

(Cautious because Sir Roy Gardener looked like a good appointment with pedigree, so it sometimes does not always translate).

I wish him all the very best and hope he does a great job with us!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I guess it only needs to be temporary, if it's leading on getting the grandstand fitted out and hospitality/banqueting offer as good as it can be.

And Roy Gardner's football experience was quite vague (including selling Man United to the Glazers...), whereas this guy has clear and specific career achievements. And presumably hasn't got the power to build up £17m of debt or apply for a World Cup hosting spot.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Also as a quick point, Andrew Parkinson will be in charge of the actual fitting out of the stand, the hospitality offering, food, decoration etc etc etc. Jon Back remains in charge of the construction project. The two are different things, with Parkinson's job title of 'head of conferencing, hospitality and events' being a bit of a clue.

It shows the level of intelligence and information on certain other sites (WHY do I feel the morbid curiosity to even look??) that they think Jon has been replaced.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Because they’re idiots Biggsy! Complete and utter obsessive idiots.

I chatted to AP this week during a meeting and I was uber impressed with what he had to say. He will be a wonderful asset to PAFC.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Definitely looks somewhat of a coup for the club given his CV.

There can't be many people in the UK with more experience at the kind of thing we want from the refurbished grandstand.

I'll be very interested to see how our commercial offer comes together.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
This is a very good appointment - welcome to the club Andrew!!

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
Onwards and upwards. All sources of revenue are needed by the club and this looks a sound appointment.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Duncan Rice":3u3d0m1c said:
The re-structuring behind the scenes continues. More professional by increments. Another great (non playing!) signing.

It really is. Crystal clear since Hallett’s takeover that he’s looking to professionalise the club to a far greater degree. Long may it continue.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
He now needs to overcome one other hurdle - the Senior Greens's audience! Sounds like he would make the most interesting speaker yet. Sylvia - get on his case now!!

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Isondil":2k2tqglg said:
Cautiously optimistic on this. It sort of sounds temporary, which is perhaps how we got him, he seems to have a good pedigree and level of exploiting these opportunities. And getting that set up before and as the doors open it exactly the way to it.

(Cautious because Sir Roy Gardener looked like a good appointment with pedigree, so it sometimes does not always translate).I wish him all the very best and hope he does a great job with us!

Amen to that.
Looks like a very sound and progressive appointment.
Welcome aboard sir.