Budget for next season article | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Budget for next season article

Nov 3, 2006
Always struggled to work out why some fans are so desperate to know our budget and what we pay - none of our business. Other clubs don't publish info on budget and pay so why should we? Until others did, knowing ours would be pretty useless with nothing to compare it to.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
The reason it is incompetence is because if we have a long term plan and are committed to it players we want to keep should be offered longer contracts and extensions well before the final year of their existing contract..

There will always be a team offering better wages so I'm resigned to losing both Lameiras and Carey this summer.

If we had been pushing for promotion we may have convinced them to stay with the chance of championship football
You can see the frustration on GCs face with the ability of some of our players and he desperately wants to be in a winning team and not one fighting relegation every season

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
rsp4":1ztlky35 said:
Yea I was worried by this a little. Surely brains that size know what DA can offer to Rubes and GC10 around the budget.

To be honest DA sounds a bit frustrated by it all as well.

I got that impression that DA is frustrated too.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
samjones":2o1fkpid said:
TBH this is farcical at this stage of the season.
I write a 5 year business plan, with a more detailed 1 yr business plan annually and I do it at least 3 months in advance as it can take up to a month to produce all the figures.

At the end of the day it my best guesstimate of the market and for 2019 I had 2 versions of it, with or without Brexit.

To think DA does not already have an upper and lower budget scenario would be complete madness but I guess the issue is the lower case scenario is probably not enough to keep the likes of Lameiras and GC10 and without exact figures he can't make a final meaningful contract offer unless the player will accept less than what they are already on.
Lameiras stock is still probably on the rise but with GC10 being older and towards the back end of his career his may have plateaued now.

Either way the players will be keeping their options open anyway and have all the power in this situation now which is the real issue for me.
No club in their right mind lets their best 2 players contracts run down so they can just go for no fee !!!
Complete incompetency IMHO
I would love to see your business plans, Sam; particularly if they are as reliable as your predictions about Argyle.

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
Manager moans about budget shocker!

It amazes me that Adams recieves so much criticism for what he says in the press. To the point that some on here accuse him of almost lying.

Now hes speaking the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
If this is all true what a shocking way to run a football club.

This isn't a budget for next season we're actually talking here it's the budget for 3 months time. Planning for the new year should already be well under way so that we are ready to hit the ground running the day after the season finishes. It's not only current players; Adams needs to be able to start identifying targets for next year, how on earth can he be expected to do that if the chairman hasn't even told him whether we can even pay our current crop?

The lack of movement in January worried me; a few loan signings, an out of contract journeyman and a chairman bleating on about it "not always being about results" hardly showed that we were doing everything possible in our fight to survive. The summer is a defining window for our new chair; does he have the ambition to take this club forward or is he happy watching us stagnate after year on year improvement under JB.

The clock is ticking Mr Hallett, the rest of the league won't wait around for you to set a budget. Your manager should be out there finding us the players to ensure this half season of garbage doesn't happen 3 years in a row, he shouldn't be sat twiddling his thumbs waiting for you to react.

Mar 8, 2016
It’s just typical Plymouth Argyle isn’t it. But they are going for dinner so no need to worry, all best laid plans are done in the pub over a few beers.

Mar 17, 2018
Plymouth
Why is everyone so quick to believe one article in the Herald as gospel truth?!! It's not like DA doesn't have a history of bluffing/double bluffing even about line-ups/injuries etc. Sam is quite right to point out that he has a 5 year plan for his own business, but that doesn't mean to say he shares every last detail with potential competitors. No business runs on 3 month plans and no football team, even Argyle, runs on the basis of negotiating players contracts via the back page of the local rag. Or have I missed something here?!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
GoGoGreen":3nautd1m said:
Why is everyone so quick to believe one article in the Herald as gospel truth?!! It's not like DA doesn't have a history of bluffing/double bluffing even about line-ups/injuries etc. Sam is quite right to point out that he has a 5 year plan for his own business, but that doesn't mean to say he shares every last detail with potential competitors. No business runs on 3 month plans and no football team, even Argyle, runs on the basis of negotiating players contracts via the back page of the local rag. Or have I missed something here?!

The comments from Adams was also on the club website where it's easier to read and gives clicks to the club website.

club website

By this time last year (13 March) the club had already announced season ticket details for this season so the lack of information about a budget for Adams for season 2019/20 might be because the season ticket prices haven't been set.

Despite the communication technology available the club can't stand still until Simon Hallett visits every few months.

Aug 5, 2015
There is also a little bit of building going on at the moment. Maybe the extent and timing of that work is having an impact on the budgetary process?

Jun 2, 2016
Even if Adams knew his budget now, and made an offer to Lameiras now, does anyone think he'd accept now? Before getting the undoubted summer offers? Really? Why would he?
Simmer down everyone