Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI  | Privacy Policy   IJN Payments
Until the end of season:

It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:39 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jason Holt - Rangers (linked to Argyle)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:18 am 
Prediction Champ 2018

Stiffler wrote:
Could be our Captain for the season.

I hope not; I am always nervous of the "Peter Swan" effect and bringing in the Captain.

I'd much prefer it was somebody already here; assuming the reports that Sawyer and Fox are to resign, it would be one of those two for me.

Keeping the Green Army in the vague vicinity of Brizzle in touch by email and through Facebook

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:42 am 
Auction Winner, Player Sponsor #1 18/19 and Player Sponsor #2 18/19

This would be a great signing. Unfortunately I'm not convinced we'll see him playing for us next season.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:24 am 

The Rangers fans have mixed opinions of him (and in my opinion Rangers play in a league similar to League One in terms of the standard of football). However, I do quite like the sound of this fella- he clearly has an eye for goal. If Argyle really are interested, then it probably depends on whether other clubs are interested and how much cash they can chuck around. The big problem Argyle have this year is that the granstand refurb is sucking up funds and attendances may be down due to the works.

I see Cardiff have released Kennedy- I thought he was an exciting player with an eye for goal. I wonder if he would also be under consideration ? I would imagine his stock has fallen at Portsmouth as he was often a substitute.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:46 pm 
Academy Donation

Played in same side as Waghorn who went to Ipswich and did well at Championship level.

Who knows but looks like a decent option...comes with his own song to tune of Gold also....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:22 pm 

gaspargomez wrote:
The Rangers fans have mixed opinions of him (and in my opinion Rangers play in a league similar to League One in terms of the standard of football). However, I do quite like the sound of this fella- he clearly has an eye for goal. If Argyle really are interested, then it probably depends on whether other clubs are interested and how much cash they can chuck around. The big problem Argyle have this year is that the granstand refurb is sucking up funds and attendances may be down due to the works.

I see Cardiff have released Kennedy- I thought he was an exciting player with an eye for goal. I wonder if he would also be under consideration ? I would imagine his stock has fallen at Portsmouth as he was often a substitute.

I would have Kennedy back great little player and still young.

Would give DA lots of options going forward

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:51 pm 

cheshiregreen wrote:
Some views from Ibrox fans.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/thre ... yle.33523/

Holt was captain for few Rangers game earlier this year.

I don't know which is funnier, a Rangers fan thinking that Holt could do better than Argyle, or Rangers fans thinking they have any chance of winning the league again.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:16 pm 

Quintrell_Green wrote:
Knibbsworth wrote:
Neilz5419 wrote:
“The Home Park team would not have to shell too much out to secure Holt, with a modest six-figure sum likely to be enough to release him to England”

I love this bit of reporting.
A modest six-figure sum! That’s life changing for some, people could even have sleepless nights at the thought. Money doesn’t guarantee success though and it would be strange to be paying fees when we’ve been relying on released/out of contract players, if he does sign I’m sure DA feels he will improve the starting 11 and not just the squad.

Considering both the money that flows in football even in League One/Two, and also the money Adams has earned PAFC, a transfer fee of £100,000 is fairly modest.

Luton paid that for half a season of Jake Jervis, a bench warmer for us and subsequently them.

It may well come down to inbred Scottish canniness with money. You do not see many investment trust companies or wealth management groups in Cardill as compared to the number in Edinburgh. Jones the Manager at Luton appears a sound chap but is he as shrewd as DA? i think not. £100k is a lot of money at this level to make mistakes about.

I completely agree. For similar reasons, the British Empire used primarily Scots in their colonial administration of India.

For the same reasons, I can't see Adams paying £300,000 to buy out one year of a 26 year old's contract. Argyle would want him to sign a three year contract after a fee like that, after which he'll be pushing thirty with little resale value. Adams won't throw money away like that, I'm certain.

If Rangers don't want him and don't need him, they'll take £100,000. Why not? Otherwise he's just warming their bench until he's out of contract.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:16 pm 

Argyle-sy wrote:
cheshiregreen wrote:

I don't know which is funnier, a Rangers fan thinking that Holt could do better than Argyle, or Rangers fans thinking they have any chance of winning the league again.

Holt could absolutely do better than Argyle in financial terms, and Rangers are going to be a massively different proposition next season under Gerrard. Celtic’s days of smugly picking up trophies uncontested are over (I hope)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:03 am 

Jannerbear wrote:
Argyle-sy wrote:
cheshiregreen wrote:

Holt could absolutely do better than Argyle in financial terms, and Rangers are going to be a massively different proposition next season under Gerrard. Celtic’s days of smugly picking up trophies uncontested are over (I hope)

To be fair, Argyle are a club on the up, One of the best managers in the lower divisions, great home and away support, if I had the choice of that or a playing in a grotty northern S***hole. As for Celtic's days of picking up trophies contested being over I would put money saying otherwise. Celtic are a level above Rangers and anyone else in the Scottish prem, and it will take a lot more in my opinion than Gerard's arrival to have them anywhere near the same level of consistency as Celtic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:46 am 

Looks like he’s off to Fleetwood on loan. Shame we can’t compete with the sort of wages they’re paying.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:55 am 

We should be able to compete in a couple of years. Mind you, we may be in a higher division by then!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:10 am 

jimsing wrote:
We should be able to compete in a couple of years. Mind you, we may be in a higher division by then!!
don't be silly not with this board it will be pound land for many a year.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:21 am 

Jannerbear wrote:
Looks like he’s off to Fleetwood on loan. Shame we can’t compete with the sort of wages they’re paying.

More likely Joey Barton’s Rangers connections.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next