Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI  | Privacy Policy   IJN Payments
Start of Season:

It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Some interesting League One figures.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:20 pm 
Site Owner

Before we got there I would add. :greensmile:

Goes to show how made football really is.

http://gasheads.org/thread/7515/borrowe ... -june-2017

Post subject: Re: Some interesting League One figures.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:35 pm 

There were figures published a while back showing the losses made by championship clubs , it made me question if I’d ever really want us to make it there again. Of course we all do but at what cost would it be ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:43 pm 
Player Sponsor #1 18/19

On that thread someone said where is the other 9 clubs?

Does that mean they operating at a profit?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:23 pm 

And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is why we’re not competing with those clubs with the (PERCEIVED) top players.

We’re going about things the right way and we’re doing ok. We really are.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:37 pm 
Player Sponsor #1 18/19

Hmmm.....Blackburn (this season) surely would have been heavily in debt.

Sunderland were another.

It’s surely depends on the owners. For example, Sunderland were losing money in vast sums. However, the old owner was owed the money and wrote it off when the new owners took over.

Those figures maybe misleading because the debts maybe made up of loans made to the club by the owners, which might be written off in some cases.

It really depends on the type of owner you have and whether he is prepared to except losses to his own pocket, as some have done.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:38 pm 

Not very accurate, Shrewsbury did not make a loss they made a 500k profit for a start, pretty much gave up on it after that, I put together something similar on the anti Brent brigade thread with the correct figures. Not sure why they’ve missed off all the clubs running at a profit which is nearly half the league, including Peterborough, Walsall, Shrewsbury and so on.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:46 pm 

Metal_Green_Mickey wrote:
Hmmm.....Blackburn (this season) surely would have been heavily in debt.

Sunderland were another.

It’s surely depends on the owners. For example, Sunderland were losing money in vast sums. However, the old owner was owed the money and wrote it off when the new owners took over.

Those figures maybe misleading because the debts maybe made up of loans made to the club by the owners, which might be written off in some cases.

It really depends on the type of owner you have and whether he is prepared to except losses to his own pocket, as some have done.

As Ian said, up to June 2017 and before we got there. So no Sunderland or Blackburn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:50 pm 

SatisfiedinSouthway wrote:
There were figures published a while back showing the losses made by championship clubs , it made me question if I’d ever really want us to make it there again. Of course we all do but at what cost would it be ?

Most of them are run like basket cases. Certainly the highest spending ones like Forest, Derby and Villa. Wolves would be an exception.

The lean, mean clubs with a vision... like Huddersfield, Bournemouth, PNE, Brentford and Swansea etc etc... can thrive. Again, relegated Barnsley are an exception but it’s not out of the question that we could join the former group.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:14 pm 

I definitely think that there are number of clubs demonstrating a number of unsustainnble losses rather than sustainable. The open question is how long they can continue without getting promotion and a Championship level Grant, or, being lucky enough to unearth a player who can be sold for mega bucks. I wonder if the Club's Auditors qualify their published Trading Accounts appropriately?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:18 pm 

Blimey those Charlton and Bolton figures are eye watering. Im happy to keep our business model to be honest.

What do the figures look like in the championship

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:33 pm 
Site Owner

This is the latest I can find in a format I can show on here.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:15 am 

When and who was the last club to enter administration in the football league?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:59 am 
Site Owner

Hereford? Or were they out by then?