Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI  | Privacy Policy   IJN Payments
Start of Season:

It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:12 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Development Blog / Grandstand Updates
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:18 am 

I note nothing has been posted on the Club's O.S. nor here for a long time. Having I missed something, or has everything come to a standstill resulting in 'nothing to report'?

Post subject: Re: Development Blog / Grandstand Updates
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:51 am 

Yeah, I’ve touched on it already but it’s a bit odd to see a month of complete silence after an initial highly publicised flurry of updates.

We HAVE seen a lot of activity on the club shop site in the last few days, but no news on it whatsoever.

Impatience on my part as I like the plans and can’t wait to see them come to fruition.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:04 am 

I think it's well discussed elsewhere, if not here, that there are issues with discharging planning conditions, centring around drainage.

However - I haven't seen anywhere any reasoned feedback from somebody with even the slightest knowledge of such issues as to whether this is a substantial or trivial issue? Or if this is the club being slack in their handling of the situation or an over zealous planning officer (which most usually are)?

Just the usual crap from usual suspects, with little credibility.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:14 am 
Site Owner

I’m no expert Stu (although I have done many £1m + projects in my time) but the drainage thing is Zzzzzzz, trust me.

The only reason why the savants have picked up on it is, it’s in the public domain.

I too am surprised at the lack of blogging though. I’ve always thought that if you create a vacuum with a lack of cummunication, it will be filled with total garbage.

Paul Thomas using one of his 178 aliases has no doubt proved that point. In fact he’s probably arguing with himself right now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:28 am 

Would be good for the club to fill the vacuum of information - as unfortunately screaming the loudest on FB will eventually have some believing there is a huge issue when there isn't.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:19 am 
Player Sponsor #2 18/19

I for one don't feel the need to know every single going on at the football club but today would be a great opportunity for Argyle to come out and quash all rumours and give a detailed update with regards to the development. The only way to quash the rumours and scaremongering is to provide facts. Over to you PAFC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:23 am 
Site Owner

I suppose the problem is these 'rumours' created by the same old same old, come every single week.

I saw a screenshot of a comment from Freak Hat last week where a 'new' poster (Thomas again, this time nicking a name from a little known actor) was saying that JB was being booted out by Simon Hallett.

So, has PAFC got to answer the rubbish each time?

According to some of the them, I've been locked up at least twenty times this year alone.

Twenty of thirty 'special people' should not dictate a club's communication levels should they!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:42 am 
Site Admin, Auction Winner and Player Sponsor #1 18/19

Paul Thomas must be one of the strangest characters on the Internet, he regularly attempts to join Pasoti, each time under a different name and when we refuse or catch him out the threats and weird sh1t starts to happen.
He and his many aliases are well suited for the anti-JB Facebook page.

As for communication from the club - I suppose there's no news at the moment, Jon Back is one of us and will keep us informed when required.
Projects of this size will always have challenges along the way.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:25 pm 

I did not raise the issue to stir the proverbial, but when the O.S. carries a section 'Development Blog' and nothing is 'blogged' for a month, it does open up the query as whether something has created a standstill, or the originator of the Blog has forgotten about it.

Should the words 'drainage issue' have some credence regarding a possible delay, it all seems very ironic, given that we have not seen a decent down pour for the best part of a month. I should think the Head Groundsman is using a reservoir full of SWW's water at the moment to ensure his newly planted turf growth meets the season's KO deadline.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:47 pm 

New blog here

https://www.pafc.co.uk/development/news ... g-control/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:53 pm 
Player Sponsor #1 18/19

Quizmike wrote:

Beat me to it! (& written in the early hours after Wed's defeat...)

Twitter : @JonBack1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:59 pm 

What’s that ISO container with windows going to be? The brew room for the builders? Because that ain’t no control room. Crikey.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:27 pm 
Player Sponsor #2 18/19

IJN wrote:
I suppose the problem is these 'rumours' created by the same old same old, come every single week.

I saw a screenshot of a comment from Freak Hat last week where a 'new' poster (Thomas again, this time nicking a name from a little known actor) was saying that JB was being booted out by Simon Hallett.

So, has PAFC got to answer the rubbish each time?

According to some of the them, I've been locked up at least twenty times this year alone.

Twenty of thirty 'special people' should not dictate a club's communication levels should they!

You know as well as I do IJN, all it takes is a small number of clowns to start the jungle drums beating and then ridiculous speculation becomes janner fact! A brief end of week update for the next few months or so should come at very little effort to the club but would satisfy a lot of creative minds