Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI  | Privacy Policy   IJN Payments
Until the end of season:

The Home Park refurbishment will be completed in It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:33 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Last Season/ This Season
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:13 pm 

Biggs wrote:
moles40 wrote:
How is it that Pompey finished just below us and have pushed on this season ,whilst we have gone back to being useless like the beginning of last season.

Everyone thought we would be aiming for a play off push from the start ,instead we are rock bottom ,no wins and not looking like winning any time soon.

It’s not acceptable if you ask me,many managers
would have been sacked in the same position,yet nothing is going to change on that front is it.

You realise that 1) Pompey are owned by an actual billionaire, and 2) we’re only eight games into the season, there’s plenty of time for Pompey to get a lot worse and us to get a lot better.

Unless you think the league table will look the same after 46 games as it does after 8, then drawing conclusions at this stage is daft.

But what have you seen in Argyle that makes you think we can turnaround it again,at least last season we had actually won a game by now,plus injuries and red cards,what excuses are their for this pitiful start.

I can’t believe this. awful start TBH ,someone needs to answer some serious questions!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:43 pm 

I can’t believe it either. I’m gutted and disbelieving in equal measure.

But... football changes so quickly, hopeless situations become winning runs. Winning runs become hopeless losing nightmares.

As I said in another thread, there will be teams right now who are flying, that will drop like a stone and maybe get relegated. Likewise, there are teams who can’t buy a win that WILL improve.

I feel it’s really important to stay calm and persist with the manager and players who blew teams away last season. Otherwise we’re ripping it all up and taking a massive gamble with someone who is probably (given DA’s record with an average budget) a worse manager.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:54 pm 

Things will improve that is a certainty - but will it be enough that is doubtful.

If things carry on as they are - the supporters will not take it lightly - as noted by the booing, yesterday when the substitution of Ladapo/Taylor took place.

I hope the new changing rooms will be sound proof, when they are finished at the back of the Demport End.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:32 pm 

Centre Circle wrote:
Balham_Green wrote:
Centre Circle wrote:
I find myself in an odd position.

The season so far has been terrible. We’ve not seen more than a glimpse of what we demonstrated for most of the second half of last season.

However I still feel that Adams is the man. Partly because I don’t see anyone else who would be better. Partly because he has proved he can get out of sticky situations. I’m not sure of my view of him as a man - certainly he has a bit of Marmite about him - but the results and some of the football have generally been excellent. He has only been a good thing for the club and I’m grateful for that.

Were we to survive this year and to start again poorly next season with Adams... I think that would have to be it though. Will we reach that point this season? I hope not.

So you are seriously saying there is no manager who could do better than a negative stubborn arrogant bottom of the League manager?? And all this 'excellent ' football you have witnessed apart from 3 months last season is a figment of your imagination. Take it you don't go away very often!

Your posts are so boring, BG. Trying to get a rise out of people at every opportunity. Dull as dishwater and half as imaginative. I shouldn’t bother responding, but no - I don’t think there’s a manager available at the moment who could do better.

I’ve seen plenty of excellent football over the last 3 years. Haven’t you?

We’ve a top ten budget - I’ m sure quite a few managers could do better than bottom after 8 games.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:06 pm 

Well no manager could do worse!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:21 pm 

Last season because of holidays and work commitments, I didn't see Argyle win until November....I hope it's not going to be the same this season??

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:15 pm 
Auction Winner

The big difference is that last year we signed Toums, he gave us experience, nous, power and presence in a key area of the pitch. That was a massive shot in the arm when morale was low and suddenly players lacking confidence grew in stature and our form turned. This year we need a similar catalyst, or we will be in big trouble.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:03 pm 

I just noticed Plymouth-born Nicky Law was playing for Exeter at the weekend.

Bit stunned by that, I can’t believe at 30 with his very recent Rangers and top of the table League 1 pedigree that they’ve got him. Presumably he wanted to move back home, in which case surely we could have snapped him up.