Latest blog | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Latest blog

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Some classic readjustments in there. :greensmile:

This bit made me laugh out loud though....

“There is a higher cost to the option we’ve gone with than the alternatives, which would have seen around 112 seats ‘killed’ in that area, but our Board of Directors have been adamant that our fans there are our priority, and that any extra cost that it takes to preserve the season-ticket holders’ seats in that location is well worth the spend.”

What that really should read, is....

“If, having got this far down the line we decided to drop a relocation bombshell to potentially 112 season ticket holder, that’d probably be the biggest own goal we could possibly score, so we’re doing summat else”

:facepalm:

I do love the fact that all the months of enabling work now apparently don’t count towards to total build completion. :lol:

A bit of “snagging” doesn’t cause months of delays either. There has quite clearly been a major discrepancy in what was initially contracted.

Oh and to finish off, the first official pushing back of the completion - best change that clock now Mods!

Not impressed.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
giphy.gif

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Bermudian Green":yfb33ocq said:
All looks reasonable enough to me. Tell me grumpy, what experience do you have in the construction industry? Would it be ˜√f*all ?

You really are embarrassing yourself now.

You’re allowed find things disappointing, BG. Even Jon Back, the project manager is disappointed.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You're always 'disappointed' I think that's BG's point.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
The Grumpy Loyal":31y6cjcz said:
Bermudian Green":31y6cjcz said:
All looks reasonable enough to me. Tell me grumpy, what experience do you have in the construction industry? Would it be ˜√f*all ?

You’re allowed find things disappointing, BG. Even Jon Back, the project manager is disappointed.

Yes he says about a couple of specific (unforeseen) problems he is 'disappointed'.

But he also says this:

anyone who has been up to the Theatre of Greens in recent weeks, or has seen any of the photographs that have been published, cannot be anything other than astonished at how much has now happened.

So that is 'anyone' except you GL?? :think:

The Grumpy Loyal":16x7u2jm said:
Bermudian Green":16x7u2jm said:

I'm sure he is, as are we all, but that's not the point. What experience in the construction industry do you have? I'm intrigued by your involvement in so many multi-million pound contracts which have never run into delays, be that weeks or months, during the snagging process.

I remember when I was snagging the St Andrews, Birmingham City refurb (ooh, look, there's that word again). The roof had leaks all over the place which delayed handover, and when I came to test the plumbing in the new railway end, all the water in the pipes had frozen as the GC had forgotten to add anti-freeze. Aside from the flooding, the delays by the burst pipes was considerable. We won't mention the flooding of the toilets at Preston's new stand either. How about the Wembley delays? Or Spurs? No, it's just Argyle who have delays.

I have an idea - why not get in touch with the club and offer your services as the project Manager? I'm sure they must be begging for someone like you who has so much experience, never had a delay and who has such a shiny, positive outlook on the whole construction process.

Jul 26, 2006
Bermudian Green":1uaj9hyx said:
The Grumpy Loyal":1uaj9hyx said:
Bermudian Green":1uaj9hyx said:

I'm sure he is, as are we all, but that's not the point. What experience in the construction industry do you have? I'm intrigued by your involvement in so many multi-million pound contracts which have never run into delays, be that weeks or months, during the snagging process.

I remember when I was snagging the St Andrews, Birmingham City refurb (ooh, look, there's that word again). The roof had leaks all over the place which delayed handover, and when I came to test the plumbing in the new railway end, all the water in the pipes had frozen as the GC had forgotten to add anti-freeze. Aside from the flooding, the delays by the burst pipes was considerable. We won't mention the flooding of the toilets at Preston's new stand either. How about the Wembley delays? Or Spurs? No, it's just Argyle who have delays.

I have an idea - why not get in touch with the club and offer your services as the project Manager? I'm sure they must be begging for someone like you who has so much experience, never had a delay and who has such a shiny, positive outlook on the whole construction process.

Why would there be anti freeze in the pipework??

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Bermudian Green":3jc0ucfo said:
The Grumpy Loyal":3jc0ucfo said:
Bermudian Green":3jc0ucfo said:

I have an idea - why not get in touch with the club and offer your services as the project Manager? I'm sure they must be begging for someone like you who has so much experience.

I’m not sure why you’d think that. There was zero experience needed for the club to appoint Jon (ex-career policeman-turn Club Secretary-turn football stadium refurb project manager!)

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
The Grumpy Loyal":2r8c1uoe said:
Bermudian Green":2r8c1uoe said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2r8c1uoe said:
Bermudian Green":2r8c1uoe said:

I have an idea - why not get in touch with the club and offer your services as the project Manager? I'm sure they must be begging for someone like you who has so much experience.

I’m not sure why you’d think that. There was zero experience needed for the club to appoint Jon (ex-career policeman-turn Club Secretary-turn football stadium refurb project manager!)

You still did not answer the question! What is your experience to question what is going on?

You tried to turn it around as questioning the questioner.

A typical troll tactic.

Once again I call you troll on this subject.

May 16, 2016
Bermudian Green":2ucu1n00 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2ucu1n00 said:

He is the Client-side project manager, not the Project Manager for the construction. Being in construction yourself, you would know that.

Wrong, I think you'll find that according to what I've read online, he and James Brent alone were responsible for everything, including driving the diggers etc. Between them they were single handedly doing everything.

I say 'were' because things like the roof removal and concrete pours are solely down to Simon Hallett. Nothing happened until he took over on November 1st.

It's all very good quoting Industry Standards and Practices and offering opinion based on nothing more than experience of actually being employed within that Industry, when it's obvious to all, that most the GOS Pictures are faked and photoshopped. Walking around HP will reveal nothing more substantial than basic enabling work dressed up to make the Green Tinted, Bucket Rattlers feel better and to keep them onside by deluding them. You wait until the drainage issue is brought to the Clubs attention, that's a bombshell they hadn't thought of or been made aware of.

Everyone knows that at one minute past the completion date, the one set before anyone really totally knew what was hidden behind the walls and beneath the decrepit old stand, that there will ritual sacrifice and uprising to combat the shame that will be felt across the City if its not 100% up and running and on a par with the Emirates. That's when those that take lifes easiest of routes - the negative ones, will feel they've earned the right to say 'told you so'.

So, if you're told its a poorly run, poorly administered, behind schedule, money scrimmping abomination of a Project, not on a par with Exeters grand facilities and an embarrasing eyesore - then that's what it is. The proof is all out there online and we all know that what you read is true.

Pootle's Pom Pom

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Mar 13, 2009
Trowbridge or Bristol
pafc_casual":5ey5t0ag said:
Bermudian Green":5ey5t0ag said:
The Grumpy Loyal":5ey5t0ag said:
Bermudian Green":5ey5t0ag said:

To stop them freezing.

Jul 26, 2006
Pootle's Pom Pom":35nxwn6f said:
pafc_casual":35nxwn6f said:
Bermudian Green":35nxwn6f said:
The Grumpy Loyal":35nxwn6f said:
Bermudian Green":35nxwn6f said:

To stop them freezing.

I get that. However unless the pipework was for Chilled water (cooling) which contains glycol then there would be no anti freeze in any pipework system. Think you’ll find that trace heating is used on all pipework.

I am a mechanical project manager!