Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI  | Privacy Policy  
Until the end of season:

The Home Park refurbishment will be completed in It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:08 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 10th in the form table
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:35 pm 

After the Southend game we are now 10th in the form table over both the standard 6 games AND 10 games.

And second in the 2019 table :whistle:

Post subject: Re: 10th in the form table
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:49 pm 
Auction Winner

The tide does seem to be turning, hopefully enough to keep us is. Doesn't change the fact it's unacceptable to keep repeating errors leading to a slow start and starting the season so late if we want to progress.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:52 pm 

I suppose being 10th in the ‘form table’ would be fine if you were 10th

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:01 pm 

Can't be bothered to have the stupid argument again, but the 'form table' is massively important and a great indicator of where you're at, your momentum, trajectory etc etc. And how exactly do you get up the actual table without good form?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:07 pm 

Argument? Reverse hyperbole at its zenith.

It’d be interesting to understand the depth of ‘form guide’, I’d this form after 2 matches or previous 10 etc?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:10 pm 

2nd bottom in the 2018-2019 form table however I agree things have improved.

Our first back to back wins I think which is a massive step and build on that now for the next 2 home games.

We have a terrible run of games coming up soon

Posh
Pompey
Bradford
Dale
Sunderland
Luton
so we need to make hay now because most of those will be very very difficult games

COYGs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:17 pm 
Site Admin and Player Sponsor #1 18/19

Current form means absolutely nothing. Form since 1st August is the the only stat worth thinking about.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:19 pm 
Player Sponsor #1 18/19

Mark Pedlar wrote:
Current form means absolutely nothing. Form since 1st August is the the only stat worth thinking about.

Nonsense. Of course it does.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:22 pm 

Mark Pedlar wrote:

I think the Bookies and anyone who gambles might disagree.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:22 pm 

We aren't going to go down when we are averaging 1.5 points a game like this (over last TEN games). It's not fashionable to admit it but DA has turned things around. We are within striking distance of all the bottom half teams and I'm confident we'll be above most of them come May.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:30 pm 

Mark Pedlar wrote:

Well that is the most blinkered piece of nonsense I've read on here in a long time. Argyle were in the relegation zone in December last season and finished 7th after a barnstorming run of results. But of course form means absolutely nothing. Confidence, goals, wins, gritty draws, team spirit and climbing the table week by week is clearly of no consequence in a relegation battle.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:48 pm 

Hopefully Biggs keeps posting the form table, as he only posts it when we're doing well and it'll mean we're climbing the table.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:49 pm 

Mark Pedlar wrote:

:banghead:

Shanks, this is the sort of argument I was talking about. We had exactly the same thing last season and it was infuriating.

Form. Means. EVERYTHING. As we don't have a time machine and can't alter the start of the season, the only thing we can do is have good form. The form table (Shanks, the 'industry standard' is 6 games) gives us that information, as well as a fairly reliable indicator of our likely trajectory, especially when you look at form over a longer period than 6 games.