Just back (Fleetwood) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Just back (Fleetwood)

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
A game dominated by the weather conditions with little quality on either side.

I was in the seats near the back but the wind meant we weren't sheltered from the rain there. The nearest corner flag was never up right all game as the wind blew across the pitch. Argyle started quite positively but both sides struggled to create clear cut chances and neither keeper was really called into action.

Carey fired wide and Ladapo headed past a post from a corner. Lameiras probed unsuccessfully while Edwards kept Ched Evans under close watch.

Second half and Argyle dominated n territorial terms but couldn't open up the home defence. The conditions dominated as passes went astray from both teams .A goalless draw was looking likely when Fleetwood won possession in midfield and slipped a pass in behind Sawyer and Canavan to open us up ball across the box and an easy finish. 3 minutes later an almost identical move saw the second and the game over.

Bizarrely in my view, Adams then sent Jones on for Fox with 6 or 7 minutes left and sent Edwards up front to accompany Freddie and Taylor - desperation I guess.

Poor game, 2 average sides on the day. Not an enjoyable watch for fans either.

Macey 7, Riley 7 Edwards 7 Canavan 6 Sawyer 6 Songo'o 5 (Ness 5,) Fox 6 (Jones 5) Sarcevic 6 Carey 6 Lameiras 6 (Taylor 5,) Ladapo 5.

Oct 20, 2015
Thanks for the sum up, hope you dry out soon.

What was the Adams - Barton bust up all about? Or is it just a tradition thing? Despite everything I can't help but like Barton, there's a lot more to him than most people think.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Thanks for the report - now stickied.

From the highlights both goals (and another good Fleetwood chance) came from our left side with Sawyer caught upfield for each goal. Canavan and Sawyer lack pace on the left side of defence and Fleetwood exploited this.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We certainly gave it a good go. Thought the 2nd goal was a foul on Nessie (I think) but I think they deserved a win more than us.

Let's hope we do the Gas or end of season could be very exciting. :eh:

Sep 25, 2010
:scarf:
slingsby_pobble":382lq57s said:

What was the Adams - Barton bust up all about? Or is it just a tradition thing? Despite everything I can't help but like Barton, there's a lot more to him than most people think.

So you like a chap,

Who puts the end of a cigarette butt, in a junior players eye,
Beats up a fellow team mate,
Charged with numerous accounts of illegal betting
Numerous accusations of racist behaviour
Disgraced himself, in that Man City v QPR game
Been in trouble with football authorities

There certainly is more about him.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Martyn":3vfa7klj said:
slingsby_pobble":3vfa7klj said:

So you like a chap,

Who puts the end of a cigarette butt, in a junior players eye,
Beats up a fellow team mate,
Charged with numerous accounts of illegal betting
Numous accusations of racist behaviour
Disgraced himself, in that Man City v QPR game
Been in trouble with football authorities

There certainly is more about him.
and he has served time and please google the owner of fleetwood.BES utilities raided by police.a very well matched couple are dear little joey and the fleetwood owner. :furious:

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
In fairness I am surprised Barton is still managing. With his past reputation I would have thought he would have been one of the first to leave his post.

Sep 25, 2010
Ross":20urwjgq said:
In fairness I am surprised Barton is still managing. With his past reputation I would have thought he would have been one of the first to leave his post.

With his record, I am still gobsmacked that his still ALLOWED to participate in football, at any level.

Should have been banned from ALL football years ago.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
It appears yesterday that there were a few epic Argyle performances over the weekend - unfortunately all of them on either trains, vans, buses or cars containing supporters. I saw one FB comment where supporters from Cornwall were passing Bristol at 0615!! I have so much respect for these people who do this week in week out.

Jul 12, 2004
I actually spent the night up there and it was quite reasonable when I left. Sunshine but a few white horses.

What has intrigued me is no comment about bringing on Jamie Ness. My view of the match at that point was that we were on top and more likely to score than Fleetwood so I perceived the substitution as an attacking one for which, if correct, Adams should be applauded. Of course it did not work out but that is football.

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
Why did Adams sub Lameiras ? he was causing them problems & subbed him when Argyle were well on top. At the time I would have been disappointed with a draw !

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I don’t know the answer to that one, GS. He is the one player, more so even than Carey, who can conjure something out of nothing.
He is fit enough to last the full game as shown when he won the penalty in the last minutes against Shrewsbury.
I am pro Adams and understand why he did not always start with him when our defence was unstable but they are now much better organised and Lameiras is in a rich vein of form and I am surprised that we withdraw him when we are still in with a chance of winning.
Apart from anything else, if they have done their homework, they will know that he is our main danger. Maybe, it gave their first goal scorer, Holt, the confidence to venture further upfield when Ruben was taken off.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
At the end of the day the mighty Fleetwood stuffed us....look how far we have come...

Sep 6, 2006
Looking at the highlights Riley has failed to pick up his man on both occasions the ball has come in from our left. Did it on one other occasion too and got away with it. Ness easily loses ball in midfield with powderpuff challenge for their second also.

Aug 5, 2016
Martyn":26scxca4 said:
Ross":26scxca4 said:

With his record, I am still gobsmacked that his still ALLOWED to participate in football, at any level.

Should have been banned from ALL football years ago.

Seems to have taken to management faily well. Always seemed fairly switched on for a footballer.