PASOTI Update | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

PASOTI Update

Aug 2, 2011
Given we are between managers and the signing season is yet to start I thought it would be good to comment on the new PASOTI site as it has been running for a few weeks now

The format is very good and a step up on the previous version. On my cell phone it is fine. However on my ipad it is poor. Continually freezing and lots of " there is a problem with this page so it is being reloaded". I am not a techie but suspect this has much to do with the amount of advertising. The same problem continually occurred with the Erald site.
I understand the need to generate income but it really is a pain. Anyway thought I would provide this feedback :scarf: :scarf:

Aug 11, 2013
I’m sorry but I’ve given it a chance ...and perhaps it’s an age thing ... or resistance to change thing but I’m still not a fan.

The posts take up far too much room and I dislike the layout.

The biggest frustration for me (is it just me?) is that whenever I click on a page number of a thread my brain tells me it’s beneath the post title (instead of above the title which is counter intuitive) and I continually end up on the wrong thread. Does my head in but my brain won’t adjust and I get so annoyed !

Would welcome some tweaks personally !

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
It's good, the only problem is the ads slow it down, I keep clicking x and click the adverts by mistake on mobile.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Has anyone else experienced p@soti going off line for lengthy periods over the last couple of days?

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
I have typed my comments three times, because the site keeps freezing and I lose what I have said.

No other website gives me any trouble like this one....can't be bothered to type it all again, so slow.

Dec 21, 2015
I have to agree with others who have mentioned the sheer volume of advertising

I mainly use my mobile but even then when half of the opening page consist only of the title bar and an advert followed by a huge blank space I keep thinking it hasn't loaded only to have to scroll down to see the first thread link

Also when posts "quote" somebody else's post that can fill an entire page as the quoted text only seems to be 3 words on a line...

I dislike this new format and worry that unless something changes their could be a mass exodus similar to when the Herald website became unusable.

Hopefully like Argyle there will be more changes before the new season starts on pasoti

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Thanks for the feedback guys.

We are constantly tweaking the site and improvements are still coming.

The advertising is an unnecessary ‘evil’ I’m afraid. I know in the past many posters have complained about the amount of fundraising on this site, and this obviated the need for me having to do that plus it saves me personal time and money I’m not having to dart around like a blue arsed fly in arranging pick ups and collections and the like.

We aim to make in the region of £15,000 to the club in various ways this year as a direct result of the advertising this year plus many other £1000’s to various charities and good causes.

So if you can excuse us the advertising and allow us to improve the site a bit more we should get there.

I am running a Mac, iPad, iPhone X 24/7 on this site and am now experiencing zero problem. I assume most people have the same experience as I am.

I get the problem with accidentally hitting the ads, that happens to me about ten times a month and I then live with the fact that that means more money to PAFC if even by default.

We have considered charging a small monthly fee per month for people to be advert free (apart from the local advertisers) but Gadd and I decided that the uptake from this would not be large enough for the effort.

So again, thanks for the feedback, the speed issue that a couple of you have mentioned must be at your end, as all data our end shows we are running extremely well. I spend over a £1000 more now we have the advertising money coming in, to our hosting company, so we expect good speeds and consistency at all times.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
If problems my end...how come no other website that I use suffers the same fate....adverts sometimes cover my signing in box...making it difficult to use.....and when texting on here the screen freezes quite often losing all my text sometimes three or four times a message.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":2xw0af9y said:
Thanks for the feedback guys.

We are constantly tweaking the site and improvements are still coming.

The advertising is an unnecessary ‘evil’ I’m afraid. I know in the past many posters have complained about the amount of fundraising on this site, and this obviated the need for me having to do that plus it saves me personal time and money I’m not having to dart around like a blue arsed fly in arranging pick ups and collections and the like.

We aim to make in the region of £15,000 to the club in various ways this year as a direct result of the advertising this year plus many other £1000’s to various charities and good causes.

So if you can excuse us the advertising and allow us to improve the site a bit more we should get there.

I am running a Mac, iPad, iPhone X 24/7 on this site and am now experiencing zero problem. I assume most people have the same experience as I am.

I get the problem with accidentally hitting the ads, that happens to me about ten times a month and I then live with the fact that that means more money to PAFC if even by default.

We have considered charging a small monthly fee per month for people to be advert free (apart from the local advertisers) but Gadd and I decided that the uptake from this would not be large enough for the effort.

So again, thanks for the feedback, the speed issue that a couple of you have mentioned must be at your end, as all data our end shows we are running extremely well. I spend over a £1000 more now we have the advertising money coming in, to our hosting company, so we expect good speeds and consistency at all times.

Hmmmmm..... so being independent from the club can no longer be claimed then? That's a shame. PAFC isn't a charity so therefore PASOTI has become an income stream for the club.

As for my experience with the new format. It's okay but not really an improvement on what we had before. I do find it annoying that every page change requires a scroll to get to what you want to see.

As for the advertising, I think I have developed a blindness to it because if I am honest I don't think I can recall any product or service that I might have seen on here except for one. The red and blue shirts stood out against the white background. I did have a smile when I realised PASOTI was advertising the Crystal Palace Club Shop Sale. :greensmile:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Lundan Cabbie":6lfphb20 said:
Hmmmmm..... so being independent from the club can no longer be claimed then? That's a shame. PAFC isn't a charity so therefore PASOTI has become an income stream for the club.

I did have a smile when I realised PASOTI was advertising the Crystal Palace Club Shop Sale. :greensmile:

I don’t intend to have a boring summer on here dealing with two habitual moaners, so this will be my only answer to you Paul.

The ‘independence’ is an intellectual one. By the sheer fact that ‘we’ are Argyle fans and we will always support our club financially. I would also add it means that no person from PAFC will dictate to anyone on this site, what we can say.

As for your second point. We have no say on what the national adverts promote, but suffice to say it amuses the hell out of me that every time you click on our site, you support PAFC financially. And as an avid user of PASOTI you really help PAFC more than most Argyle fans.

Just to think, you and Princerock have never supported any of my fundraising efforts in the five years I have been ‘doing stuff’, now I can sit back, not rush around, and simply watch you two guys contribute on a minute by minute basis. I’d say, it’s almost a perfect place to be.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
It's good - apart from a weird thing with the emojis - you can't out them in a sentence anymore :doh: as they come out on a separate line :sad: First world problems eh?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":1yhk8qw0 said:
Lundan Cabbie":1yhk8qw0 said:

I did have a smile when I realised PASOTI was advertising the Crystal Palace Club Shop Sale. :greensmile:

I don’t intend to have a boring summer on here dealing with two habitual moaners, so this will be my only answer to you Paul.

The ‘independence’ is an intellectual one. By the sheer fact that ‘we’ are Argyle fans and we will always support our club financially. I would also add it means that no person from PAFC will dictate to anyone on this site, what we can say.

As for your second point. We have no say on what the national adverts promote, but suffice to say it amuses the hell out of me that every time you click on our site, you support PAFC financially. And as an avid user of PASOTI you really help PAFC more than most Argyle fans.

Just to think, you and Princerock have never supported any of my fundraising efforts in the five years I have been ‘doing stuff’, now I can sit back, not rush around, and simply watch you two guys contribute on a minute by minute basis. I’d say, it’s almost a perfect place to be.

Well let's just confirm, I have no problem whatsoever in supporting Plymouth Argyle in this way. If coming on sites like this means money coming into football then that is a great initiative and I am all for it.

As for not supporting your "stuff" in the past, do you really think I would be interested in the sort of things you have auctioned? These sort of memorabilia items don't really interest me in the slightest, even if they were items of my own club. I have been in sweepstakes and I have contributed to PASOTI season tickets in the past so you can't say I have NEVER supported your fundraising.

Anyway Ian. Have a nice summer and watch out with that chip and run now the greens are getting faster. :)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yep, generally the new site is very good but the emojis thing also annoys me. Any switch that can be pulled to make them not start a new line?

Also, the quoting could be clearer, perhaps a different colour box for the quoted message? And when you look at the post above mine, the name IJN sort of looks like it's attached to Lundan's quote.

Nit-picking though, it's very slick and professional.