Another record | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Another record

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
As reported in today's Daily News thread, "Ryan Lowe has won his opening 3 managers as #Plymouth manager. The first to do so since Bobby Williamson in April-May 2004"

In fact, Williamson is the only other manager to have done it.

Even better, Lowe has managed 3 clean sheets in his first 3 games, the only manager in the 116-year history of the professional club to do so. That's out of 59 management spells, including caretakers.

Early days!

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
Breaking records at an early stage of his tenure, it seems we have a King Midas in our midst. Happy days.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
It will be VERY interesting to see what happens when we lose a game or two (which we obviously will at some point), both in terms of what Ryan Lowe has to say about things and the reaction from different groups of fans.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
I suppose what makes this more impressive is that Bobby had inherited a team towards the end of the season that was top of the league and used to winning. RL has inherited a squad low on confidence after a terrible end to the previous season and relegation, had to overhaul what remained of the squad after it lost its best 3 players and has still managed to win his first 3 games.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
GreensOnScreen":2r5b4pf9 said:
Total tosh on my part, sorry, a few others have done it too (first three wins).

But the three clean sheets is definitely true.

Aug 5, 2005
GreensOnScreen":rq3stlkt said:
GreensOnScreen":rq3stlkt said:

Still an excellent stat.

Is that just 3 clean sheets, or 3 wins with clean sheets?

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Quizmike":25cuo3fd said:
GreensOnScreen":25cuo3fd said:
GreensOnScreen":25cuo3fd said:

Still an excellent stat.

Is that just 3 clean sheets, or 3 wins with clean sheets?
That's three cleans sheets for a manager's first three matches, not necessarily wins, and not necessarily the start of a season.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Emeraldinho":8ir0xnlo said:
What/when was Argyle's best-ever start to a season? Anyone know? :think:

You can find answers here: https://greensonscreen.co.uk/gosdb.asp (then Report 6: Best and Worst Starts). Lots of options for you to tweak, in particular if you want League games or all matches (i.e. including cup games).

Early days of course but it'll be interesting to see how it looks if we keep it up.

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
GreensOnScreen":3fzd813l said:
Emeraldinho":3fzd813l said:

You can find answers here: https://greensonscreen.co.uk/gosdb.asp (then Report 6: Best and Worst Starts). Lots of options for you to tweak, in particular if you want League games or all matches (i.e. including cup games).

Early days of course but it'll be interesting to see how it looks if we keep it up.

NERD ALERT!!!

I've been enjoying my Saturday morning playing with this and have concluded...

Bobby Williamson's start his Argyle managerial career was a real statistical anomaly. Undefeated in his first 7 and only drawing once. His side only conceded 2 goals. Then the wheels fell off completely and he only got 47 points from his remaining 48 games.

As for start...

Keep a clean sheet today and it will be the first time we've kept 3 in a row since 2004-2005 under BW. Before that it was 1977-78. We've only done it in those seasons and in both we avoided relegation by a combined total of 7 points. Which just goes to show useless stats can be at times.

Avoid defeat and this will be our 2nd best start. Of the 11 seasons where are undefeated in in our first 3, 8 have resulted in top 7 finishes and 2 as Champions.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Ross":kdymzk80 said:
GreensOnScreen":kdymzk80 said:
Emeraldinho":kdymzk80 said:

NERD ALERT!!!

Bobby Williamson's start his Argyle managerial career was a real statistical anomaly. Undefeated in his first 7 and only drawing once. His side only conceded 2 goals. Then the wheels fell off completely and he only got 47 points from his remaining 48 games.

As for start...

Keep a clean sheet today and it will be the first time we've kept 3 in a row since 2004-2005 under BW. Before that it was 1977-78. We've only done it in those seasons and in both we avoided relegation by a combined total of 7 points. Which just goes to show useless stats can be at times.

Avoid defeat and this will be our 2nd best start. Of the 11 seasons where are undefeated in in our first 3, 8 have resulted in top 7 finishes and 2 as Champions.

Yes I'm no statto and rarely slip on me anorak but, didn't two of our promotion seasons (Sturrock + Colin) start off with us losing 'n' on the trot and looking like a team who'd never met? :lol:

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
Pogleswoody":232ssvuo said:
Ross":232ssvuo said:
GreensOnScreen":232ssvuo said:
Emeraldinho":232ssvuo said:

NERD ALERT!!!

As for start...

Yes I'm no statto and rarely slip on me anorak but, didn't two of our promotion seasons (Sturrock + Colin) start off with us losing 'n' on the trot and looking like a team who'd never met? :lol:

95/96 was our worst start to a season ever - 4 straight defeats. The rest is history!