Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Thursday 15 August | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Thursday 15 August

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip.

The impeccable behaviour of the academy squad at the recent Super Cup tournament has been praised .... club website

Striker Dom Telford has set a target of scoring 20 goals this season, from the club website....
“I told the gaffer I’ll get twenty goals. I’ll have to live up to that. Personally, I’ll crack on and score as many as I can.
“I wont put a limit on it but I set targets each month. I’m quite visual with what I want to achieve. I believe, if I’m dong my job, then it’ll help the team get to where we want to get to."

Loan watch - Ashley Smith-Brown has started all three games for Oldham. Ryan Law and Luke Jephcott have started in the first two games of the season for Truro City, each player scoring a goal.

Central League fixtures this season, home games played at Home Park with 2pm kick-offs:
September 
10 v Milton Keynes A
October 
15 v Southend H 
November
5 v Bristol Rovers H 
December 
10 v Forest Green H 
February
4 v Bristol Rovers A
March 
3 v Peterborough H
24 v Forest Green A

Ryan Lowe reveals Joel Grant's hamstring injury is not serious and he should be back playing within two weeks ...
“He’s just under a grade two, a minor tear in his hamstring, so we are hoping he's not going to be too long.
“Possibly 10 days maybe, which is good for Joel. He’s feeling better every day.
“I think we have got him off at the right time because he said if we hadn’t done that he would have carried on.

“We got him off the pitch straight away, so I think it’s a blessing we did that. Rather than him missing four to six weeks, we are probably going to miss him for two.
“I’m gutted we are missing because he has been flying in pre-season.
“He scored against Crewe and he was doing very well against Colchester but we have got other lads in there now who can step up and get an opportunity.
I’m sure Joel will be back with us in the next few weeks."
Ryan Lowe talks about fringe players going out on loan and a possible new signing before the Newport game...
“There are certain lads who have been asked to move on as well and get some game-time.
“Whether they stay or go, they won’t be treated any different. It’s up to them.
“But if I’m one of them I’m looking at Jephcott scoring goals and Ryan Law playing and scoring goals.
“They will be giving me selection headaches pretty soon because I can call them back at any opportunity. If there is any sort of injuries I can call them back.

“We will have a look at one or two more and see if they feel they want to go out because I’m not pushing anyone out, it’s up to them.
“I’m not going to say ‘You have got to do this, you have got to do that’ because it’s their call.
“I would want to be playing games. I know their agents are onto it, trying to get them out to get some game-time.

“If the right club comes along for them to go to, then great.
“If they come to us and say ‘Look, I want to go here and play some games’ and we are happy with the solution, then great.

“As for an in, if we are going to do anything it will only be one more. Maybe we could have that before the weekend, maybe not.”

Argyle v Orient Matchday Moments ... You Tube

Argyle players at the fireworks

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
I think our favourite ex player's new team went out of the Europa League League Third Round Qualifying tonight (GC10).

I was careful not to mention his name … I didn't want to upset anyone.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
His image is now immortalised at the top of Pasoti from today Malc. :thumbup:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Dreamgreen":4fa1z31c said:
I think our favourite ex player's new team went out of the Europa League League Third Round Qualifying tonight (GC10).

I was careful not to mention his name … I didn't want to upset anyone.

I do not suppose he will be too disappointed himself, given that he is accustomed to past early exits!

Mar 8, 2016
Shame, I hope he has a successful time over there, he was brilliant for argyle and no one can take that away from him. Brilliant player. Great image pasoti, well done. Recognising a great player.