Rain and Newport pitch

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
If it’s far from perfect then I hope it is postponed.

Waterlogged and crap pitches are risky for players and massively increase the chance of serious injury

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It's dry in the morning and sun from lunchtime. It will be fine.

Aug 29, 2014
Absolutely heaved it down a few years ago on boxing day and it went ahead me boxers were soaked .....because of the rain not the lagers

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
Rain with possible thunderstorms for much of today, but bright and sunny tomorrow, so should be okay. I assume they will have some sort of covering in place.

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
If it was November or December then maybe I might be worried?

But its August and no rugby has been played yet.

Get a hold of yourselves people, its only a bit of rain!

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Jimmyd":3mzm3s33 said:
Pitch is a lot better than it used to be
It is. They've relaid it since the Boxing Day disaster thanks to a few quid from lucrative FA Cup ties.

Jan 28, 2014
Newport supporter here.
Not to worry Argyle supporters, game will be ON, trust me.
Lots of rain yesterday afternoon / evening but it's gonna be fine today bar a possible shower or two well before the game. No rugby on pitch as yet this season. Stags are the only visitors to use the pitch two weeks back today.
For those of you who'll be in the Southern Stand behind the goal, seats will probably be damp but i'm sure you'll dry them quickly. You're a great group of supporters. If i lived midway between yourselves and Exeter, Plymouth would be my team.

For those of you wishing to have a quiet pint or two before / after the match, The Excelsior Club on Corporation Road (half mile from away supporters entrance) is a good option but if you're traveling by train, try either of the two Wetherspoons very near the Station in Cambrian Road and Bridge Street.

Enjoy your day Argyle Supporters. Take it easy.