Floodlights on Barn Park End roof. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Floodlights on Barn Park End roof.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
I'm sure I read somewhere that this had been sorted but on Tuesday evening I was getting the same "glare" from a couple of the lights.

I sit in block 9, quite high up (row R) so really there shouldn't be a problem with lights which should be pointed at the pitch on the Grandstand side.

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
David_Fisher":376e5ye7 said:
I'm sure I read somewhere that this had been sorted but on Tuesday evening I was getting the same "glare" from a couple of the lights.

I sit in block 9, quite high up (row R) so really there shouldn't be a problem with lights which should be pointed at the pitch on the Grandstand side.

I'm with you on that one, David. I'm not sure whether the club said they had 'fixed it' or were going to fix it. If it's the latter - fine. If the former - they need to look at it again...

Sep 20, 2003
Same top of block 8.

I wonder in fixing it for the Devonport end they have moved them causing a problem for us.

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
Same near the rear of block 2, bleddy awful glare, lots around me were moaning about it. Anyone know who we should contact about this problem ?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
We sit at the top of Block 13 (middle of Lyndhurst) and noticed much more glare/brightness from the floodlights in the Devonport Corner on Tuesday - not exactly a problem but definitely brighter/more noticeable than previously. I think the problem is that none of the floodlights are high enough so they obviously shine more horizontally than is perhaps ideal. And also, as they are only in small clusters they have to be brighter to reach all parts of the pitch (I guess with a low stadium top you could have less intense lights all the way round and still illuminate the pitch evenly and well enough). I find it hard to see how this one will ever be really well solved with the current configuration.