Anoraks 32 - it's always good to be first! | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Anoraks 32 - it's always good to be first!

Jan 11, 2016
Anoraks is back from its winter break so here's one to get you going again.

Joe Edwards is the most recent but I was the first. In the previous season one of my goal scoring feats also registered a first in the history of the Greens.

Who am I?

Aug 8, 2013
Get the feeling that what Joe Edwards did had nothing to do
with scoring goals. So what has he done that's unusual ?
Moved here from Walsall ?

Jan 7, 2016
Kernow
Jack Leslie.

He was the first to do what Joe is currently the last to do. (I'll leave out the what for others to discover)
Jack reached a significant Argyle goalscoring milestone in the season before.

Never looked at one of these Anoraks before and I may not have the answer you were looking for. However, whether I am right or wrong I enjoyed the research journey that led to my answer. Many thanks for the question, I will look out for the next one.

Jan 11, 2016
Thanks Green_guile! Jack Leslie is not the answer I have in mind but may well be a possible answer given the clues - sometimes it happens that an alternative is possible just inadvertantly. I've not had time yet to see how the Jack Leslie suggestion would work.

Jan 7, 2016
Kernow
Oh well I enjoyed finding out my answer.

First and last Argyle goals vs Bradford. Jack scored his 100th Argyle goal the season before.

May need another clue to find your answer.

Jan 11, 2016
Wow Green_guile! That's a Premiership answer - mine's more Championship if that!

Here's a clue - Joe Edwards may still be the last at full time tomorrow but it could be any one of the starting line-up -'Who' knows!

Jan 7, 2016
Kernow
Are you Frank Lord?
Your additional clue led me to the 31st August 1965 when one K J Hore became the first ever substitute for the Greens. I am not 100% certain who he replaced but your goslscoring clue leads me to Frank. He was our joint top scorer in the 64/65 season which included the feat of scoring 6 goals in 6 league cup games as we reached the semi finals of the 1964/5 League Cup.

Jan 11, 2016
Yes - it's Frank Lord! Replaced by Johnny Hore against Charlton in August 1965 in the first substitution in Argyle history. Frank also scored the first - and only (?) - Argyle hat trick in the League Cup in Nov 1964 against Stoke at Home Park.