Who do we want as our new Manager | Page 77 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who do we want as our new Manager

Who do you want as the new manager?

• Johannes Hoff Thorup

Votes: 81 22.7%
  • Anthony Barry

Votes: 43 12.0%
  • Paul Heckingbottom

Votes: 35 9.8%
  • Nigel Pearson

Votes: 22 6.2%
  • Michael Skubala

Votes: 53 14.8%
  • Nathan Jones

Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Alex Neil

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Gareth Ainsworth

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • Gary Rowett

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • Someone else

Votes: 51 14.3%
  • David Wagner

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Will Still

Votes: 36 10.1%

• Total voters
Dec 26, 2022
No wa
It's been 17 years, they do say that time heals... I must admit when he left I was amongst the worse of us, angry as we we have all been this Season with SS jumping ship. We loved Ollie as we did SS in recent years, he suited Argyle, West Countryman, bit of a joker and great in post match interviews, but his style of play, a bit of madness, bit of genuis, a bit of luck and a lot of Magic... I was bitter, twisted even! but later after hearing him say his biggest regret in life was leaving Argyle, I for one can forgive him and give him another chance, he knows the Championship, he's clever in his signings, we loved his style of football... are there enough of us who can forgive, forget and give him, and us, another chance :unsure: personally I would and I think the time is right... however, whoever Argyle sign as Manager something HAS to be put in their contract that they cannot jump ship during the Season and only part ways on Argyle's terms during the contract if they are failing big time...
Assume you're on your 10th pint down at the Barbican....?!

In light of how well regarded so many German coaches are and following the impact of Rohl at Wednesday, I wonder whether we should explore the German leagues for our next coach/manager.

Obviously Daniel Stendel could be an option, but I think a guy like Heiner Backhaus (if proficient with English) could be perfect.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Luggyisgod

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
In light of how well regarded so many German coaches are and following the impact of Rohl at Wednesday, I wonder whether we should explore the German leagues for our next coach/manager.

Obviously Daniel Stendel could be an option, but I think a guy like Heiner Backhaus (if proficient with English) could be perfect.

Thoughts?
No idea who these guys are. And I have no knowledge of the coaching cct. That said, they are advanced in their methods - I hope we don't take a Foster type risk

Jul 29, 2012
Would like to say a proven manager, but wonder if I'm being cautious given we got our fingers burnt with the last one. There are decent coaches and assistants that have made the step up after all. One thing I definitely wouldn't want is an uninspiring jobbing Peter Reid, Frank Lampard-type manager who you wouldn't have any faith in during a firefight.
As McKenna at Ipswich has shown - article below league experience isn’t a necessity but they do need high level experience and I don’t include FA experience as part of that .

That said external investment helps !!

There are good managers out there . Just cos they have a failure on their record doesn’t mean they are a bad manager/ coach - Liam manning is a fair example . However the Lincoln manager would be a good fit .

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Neil Dewsnip is still talking about a list of applications, which may now increase now people know we’re in the Championship.

I’m a tad confused by this, surely we’re not just looking at people who have applied? I’d have thought we’d be identifying individuals and approaching them, rather than waiting for them to apply to the job… right?