Investment thread | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Investment thread

Apr 2, 2024
Agreed for starters tge brickfields snd structural improvements started way before reaching the championship, you cant attract players in todays game with 1970's training facilities, Holloway made that clear more than a decade ago.
It shouldn’t be one or the other.

We could have had a greater plying budget and an extra year or two on the Brickfields project being funded by future tv money / player sales.

Signing Azaz (2.5 million) keeps us up comfortably. The loss of tv money if relegated is so much more than this.

Reactions: NearlyCornish
Apr 2, 2024
This post has been deleted.
It isn’t disrespectful to say the chairman has failed to provide a competitive budget.

That’s a fact.

He has openly said we have the smallest budget in the Championship.

He led the club to a potentially golden era. We had “our Shankly”, a full ground and attacking football…..and we have lost it all.

Even if we stay up this year, history suggests we will be relegated within the next 2 or 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It shouldn’t be one or the other.

We could have had a greater plying budget and an extra year or two on the Brickfields project being funded by future tv money / player sales.

Signing Azaz (2.5 million) keeps us up comfortably. The loss of tv money if relegated is so much more than this.

Again, what about his alleged £35k + weekly wage?

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
How our Custodian decides how to spend his money is entirely his business & his business only
He has been very open & transparent in respect of how our club is run & the business model we will not deviate from
If he is able to find an investor that is totally committed to the ethos of Argyle & not a quick buck merchant our financial outlook may change
SH has already had is fingers burnt with the American Investors that came onboard (Argyle Green)

Apr 2, 2024
Again, what about his alleged £35k + weekly wage?
My word. Didn’t realise that.

If that is what we are up against then what chance do we have of ever building a competitive team?

Relegation this year or next…..take your pick I guess.

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Lets all calm the xxxt down, and wait to see hiw these possible investors turn out, problem with todays society alwaus wanting tjings dine yesterday or hurried. SH woukd soon be chastised if he introduced a power hungry investment bull. Who throughout everything.
I think you need to clean your typewriter.

Feb 14, 2022
Fag packet maths which maybe miles off the mark.

2022/23 budget 4mil, this year doubled to 8mil roughly.

Simon is looking to sell 20%. He has invested 15m in the grandstand plus 11mil in Brickfields. With other bits, maybe 35mil in total? 20% would be roughly 7mil.

From the interview the hint is that any investment will be for the team. So say 8mil increases to 10 or 12mil if we stay up with new TV money and we add 7mil to that, could we be looking at 17-20mil playing budget next season?

That much would put us very much in the lower top half I reckon. I don't think it's far away as SH said without it we would be looking at a relegation battle again and with it we shouldn't be.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Fag packet maths which maybe miles off the mark.

2022/23 budget 4mil, this year doubled to 8mil roughly.

Simon is looking to sell 20%. He has invested 15m in the grandstand plus 11mil in Brickfields. With other bits, maybe 35mil in total? 20% would be roughly 7mil.

From the interview the hint is that any investment will be for the team. So say 8mil increases to 10 or 12mil if we stay up with new TV money and we add 7mil to that, could we be looking at 17-20mil playing budget next season?

That much would put us very much in the lower top half I reckon. I don't think it's far away as SH said without it we would be looking at a relegation battle again and with it we shouldn't be.

What the new investor will pay of and when, it will all depend on what league we are in

The Pasty Kid

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 16, 2006
Liskeard
So the point is to build the infrastructure and increase potential for player sales, non matchday income and grow the budget that way, presumably making us more inviting to investors. It really is the only way to do it, as last time we were in this league we kind of did neither. We spent too much for us, but didn't generate anything like the income needed to compete, whilst keeping a woeful training offering.

Jon with no H

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
So the point is to build the infrastructure and increase potential for player sales, non matchday income and grow the budget that way, presumably making us more inviting to investors. It really is the only way to do it, as last time we were in this league we kind of did neither. We spent too much for us, but didn't generate anything like the income needed to compete, whilst keeping a woeful training offering.
Absolutely right, we are decades behind some other.clubs in this division in terms of facilities.

Reactions: Greendawe
Jan 17, 2006
Saltash
I haven’t said anything about recruitment!

I have said his reign as Argyle chairman will be stained by this relegation. Indeed he will have 2 relegations on his watch.

I don’t think it is stupid to say in January or last summer “take £5 mill of the Brickfields money, get Azaz and 2 more in the transfer window, stay up and use next years tv money to pay the 5 million back to Brickfields project”.

This type of attitude may have seen Schumacher remain as our manager.

Sadly, we have a significant possibility of being relegated and getting out of League 1 is very hard.
🤣🤣🤣🤣 Clueless!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Green rottie