Oxford United win the PO Final. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Oxford United win the PO Final.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Meh.

Both are dreadful away days.

I’ll say Oxford because I think they’d probably be weaker than Bolton.

Nov 18, 2011
Bolton as Oxford's manager is a viable candidate for Argyle and he's less likely to join if he's got them promoted.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
I would like to see Oxford come up as they seem to fall at the final hurdle time and time again. Bolton are another fan base with delusions of grandeur after a decade’s stint in the Premier League (see also Stoke).

Jul 5, 2023
I live near Oxford, so it would be an easy away match and its a fun ground with the car park side. Des Buckingham is an Oxford boy, and really seems to get their club. As others have said they are more likely if promoted to be in the drop zone, so that helps us out

Sep 7, 2006
London
Definitely Oxford!! Bolton could potentially be a bit of a (relative) force as a newly promoted side.

This season was brilliant for Argyle to have:
  • Rotherham, nowhere near good enough overall. Table doesn't lie.
  • Huddersfield, not quite good enough throughout
  • Birmingham intermittently in disarray - I've never been sure how good/bad they were as a squad though.
  • QPR and Sheff Wed in complete disarray for the first couple months, despite seemingly being decent.
Otherwise we could've been in - or in and out of - the zone from early, which would've been a lot tougher.

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
Definitely Oxford!! Bolton could potentially be a bit of a (relative) force as a newly promoted side.

• Birmingham intermittently in disarray - I've never been sure how good/bad they were as a squad though.
  • QPR and Sheff Wed in complete disarray for the first couple months, despite seemingly being decent.
Otherwise we could've been in - or in and out of - the zone from early, which would've been a lot tougher.
Agreed, but one thing we did not have this season is a team with points deductions, which has been a feature in the past few years. I suspect there might be next year.

Nov 18, 2011

I have a feeling Rohl will be poached soon, or he'll leave when the Sheff Wed chairman does something stupid.

Hopefully they won't be so lucky with recruiting their next manager.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Problem is I detest that 3 sided nonsense at Oxford. It looks so lower league.

To me Bolton are another PNE/Blackburn. Once very famous now no bigger than us really.

Reactions: Joe Totale
Oxford for me.

I've been to Bolton for work a few times and, in the words of Terry from Twin Town, I'd call it a pretty sh***y city.

Oxford, however, has some incredible architecture and is, on every level other than pies, a far better place.

Back to the football, if Oxford are to be granted permission for the new stadium, then club funds for playing staff will be impacted somewhat, meaning Oxford has a more limited short term scope - they'll probably go straight back down.
So yeah, Oxford please.

Jon with no H

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
Oxford for me.

I've been to Bolton for work a few times and, in the words of Terry from Twin Town, I'd call it a pretty sh***y city.

Oxford, however, has some incredible architecture and is, on every level other than pies, a far better place.

Back to the football, if Oxford are to be granted permission for the new stadium, then club funds for playing staff will be impacted somewhat, meaning Oxford has a more limited short term scope - they'll probably go straight back down.
So yeah, Oxford please.
Bolton is much like Plymouth, some nice parts and some not so nice parts. Lots of hills too.

There are houses on the road I would drive along to get to the stadium that are worth £2m plus, but in the same distance the opposite direction from me there are places you probably wouldn't go, even with Rambo!

Reactions: The Unseen Green