Retained list (confirmed) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Retained list (confirmed)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Straight question with no agenda.

Thinking about Oscar and Jack today (not being offered new contracts), are there any players coming through that aren't ex Kevin Hodges era?

It may be my misconception but there seems to be a lack of real talent coming through.

Obviously I know about Freddy, but anyone else?

Jun 24, 2008
Best of luck to Cal, Jack and Oscar. I'd expect Cal could play for a League 1 team easily. I can't imagine Jack will find it hard to find a new club either.

Upon finishing the Hull City game I ended up heading to the Barbican to celebrate, later the players turned up and spent much of the evening around them, speaking with several. The whole squad was out having a great time, I did not see Mickel or Morgs. Jephcott was out too. Ashley was huge by the way, could not believe the size of him but him and Devine both seem great lads who got on well, would be good to have them back to support their development.

I did have a chat with Galloway in which he said he was staying. Lovely guy who said to see him next season. I'm mindful that football is a fickle business but fingers crossed, as I am a big fan of his, and believe that on his day he's our best defender.

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
Best of luck to Cal, Jack and Oscar. I'd expect Cal could play for a League 1 team easily. I can't imagine Jack will find it hard to find a new club either.

Upon finishing the Hull City game I ended up heading to the Barbican to celebrate, later the players turned up and spent much of the evening around them, speaking with several. The whole squad was out having a great time, I did not see Mickel or Morgs. Jephcott was out too. Ashley was huge by the way, could not believe the size of him but him and Devine both seem great lads who got on well, would be good to have them back to support their development.

I did have a chat with Galloway in which he said he was staying. Lovely guy who said to see him next season. I'm mindful that football is a fickle business but fingers crossed, as I am a big fan of his, and believe that on his day he's our best defender.
If I'm out partying and a random fan asks if I'm staying or leaving, I think the easy out is just to say you're staying whether you are or not.

Jun 24, 2008
If I'm out partying and a random fan asks if I'm staying or leaving, I think the easy out is just to say you're staying whether you are or not.
You may be completely right. An offer can also come in at any moment and change perspective. I sure hope that Galloway is here next season though.

Keith Whitfield

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 30, 2015
Joe Hatch looks promising.

Sorry for Jack and Oscar. Thought they both showed something that could be built on. Football’s a tough gig!

Dec 4, 2011
Shame about Endacott and Halls. Giving them another contract in the hope of finding them a higher level loan next season probably didn't make sense. Although that's what might happen with WJD.

The Championship seems very hard to blood your own, especially for a club of our size and with our academy probably only being deemed "ok" at best. Bristol City however have done this very well and should we still be in the Championship for the next 5 years then we might have similar success. Realistically though it will take another 10 years for us to see the full benefits of Brickfields.

When was the last time the academy made a centre back an established pro, here or elsewhere? I am aware of Jack Stephens at Southampton but we haven't got any reward for him yet because he hasn't been sold on. We always seem to give a centre back a 1 year pro deal but they always seem to be released. Let's hope Matthews is the exception this time next year!

Jul 12, 2016
Maybe the odd one or two per generation (age group/year level) is all you can realistically expect?
You have to kiss a lot of frogs as the saying goes............
Tin hat on . Which begs the question . Is it worth running an academy?