Missing flags from Hull game | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Missing flags from Hull game

Oct 31, 2015
Sadly, from the stands, there were quite a few kids taking ’match memorabilia’ when on the pitch. Stuffing things up their T-shirts. It was sad to see, but how can you reason with them, at that point, from that distance? Hopefully you’ll get them back.
Todays society unfortunately 🤦

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
At every F1 race you get people trying to take away the Rolex trackside hoardings. They never get very far, but it's quite funny to watch them try to sneak a 3-metre long hoarding through the bottleneck of a circuit exit.

Apr 15, 2024
Did not say they can't be photographed I think it's wrong to show a photo of a kid that has been linked to a taking of a flag and now you have a witch hunt.

Exactly. Not only that but absolutely no proof that the child had taken anything.
The poster Daz made good point that not everybody could possibly have realised that all flags should have been left exactly where they were found in the ground originally
The example of Wembley was a good one

Reactions: oldage
May 8, 2011
Exactly. Not only that but absolutely no proof that the child had taken anything.
The poster Daz made good point that not everybody could possibly have realised that all flags should have been left exactly where they were found in the ground originally
The example of Wembley was a good one
If you are a regular at Argyle and most people are season ticket holders you would know to leave the flags behind as over the years PAFC displays have regularly stated that fact.
Also there didn’t seem to be an issue with flags going missing after the Leicester game.
One must assume therefore that the people who took the flags were all ‘first timers’. Seems a bit unlikely as it was the last game of the season.

Reactions: SWTT
Feb 8, 2005
For a theft to have occurred all of the points to prove of the offence have to be made out. So a theft isn’t always as cut and dried as one may think. Also, the ages of any young offender are relevant again when proving an offence. My point being that what someone thinks is blatant isn’t often the case.
So what points to prove have not been made?

Jon with no H

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
So what points to prove have not been made?
Theft is "the dishonest appropriation of property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it" (emphasis added). It's not theft under the Theft Act if the person can prove they thought it was a free for all in this context. There is another offence under the Act, but it's a long time since I studied it and I can't remember what it is.

The definition of theft was enough for 19 year old me to decide criminal law (rather than being a criminal, depending on your view of lawyers) wasn't worth pursuing as a career choice.

• Applaud
Reactions: Stevie Wotsa
Feb 8, 2005
Theft is "the dishonest appropriation of property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it" (emphasis added). It's not theft under the Theft Act if the person can prove they thought it was a free for all in this context. There is another offence under the Act, but it's a long time since I studied it and I can't remember what it is.

The definition of theft was enough for 19 year old me to decide criminal law (rather than being a criminal, depending on your view of lawyers) wasn't worth pursuing as a career choice.
The person doesn't have to prove anything.

It would be up to the prosecution to prove that what he did was dishonest. ie that he did know, or should have known, that he did not have lawful authority for its removal.

A defence of believing it to be free to take could be argued in court and it would be up to the court to decide the outcome.

Jon with no H

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
The person doesn't have to prove anything.

It would be up to the prosecution to prove that what he did was dishonest. ie that he did know, or should have known, that he did not have lawful authority for its removal.

A defence of believing it to be free to take could be argued in court and it would be up to the court to decide the outcome.
I think this is a tomato/to-mate-o situation with arguing vs proving.