Torquay United SOS (TUST submit bid to buy TUFC) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Torquay United SOS (TUST submit bid to buy TUFC)

LittleAmerica

βšͺ️ Pasoti Visitor βšͺ️
Feb 17, 2022
Hello Green Army,

Well times at Torquay United are dire indeed.
Most of us fans who have followed the club through good and bad times are of the mind that our owner is overseeing a managed decline to achieve his end goal.

This is a call to the Green Army, our friendly (or not so friendly at times) rivals, but not anymore, we are light years behind you, to come along and add to the volume of protests and assist us in whatever way possible to shine a light on and draw attention to the regime in play at Plainmoor. TUFC is being stolen from the fans and the town and we need all the support we can get to protest against it. It's not about getting back in the league anymore, it's about ensuring the club exists still in the near future.
Every home game is now a protest for the long overdue sacking of Johnson, but much more of a bigger issue, Clark Osborne.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:

LittleAmerica

βšͺ️ Pasoti Visitor βšͺ️
Feb 17, 2022
Sounds like you have bad owners, with no interest in the club just the ground?
Something like that. It's not 100% clear what his end goal is but he has stated he has no love of football, is all business and is a property developer, or land grabber and seller. He is the cretin behind Rovers losing their ground and playing in Bath for 10 years.
Our results are dire and nowhere else would it be accepted, but Johnson just carries on. He is at training once a week if that and it's obvious on the pitch, he lives near Bristol.
We now have heavy handed security in the ground to manhandle any protestors, including kids.

Reactions: scooterboy

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He sniffed around PAFC and it was obvious that he only wanted to know about the ground. His interest was fleeting.

Reactions: RB00194

LittleAmerica

βšͺ️ Pasoti Visitor βšͺ️
Feb 17, 2022
He sniffed around PAFC and it was obvious that he only wanted to know about the ground. His interest was fleeting.
Likely saw Argyle as a much tougher nut to crack, whereas Torquay, on the whole smaller and softer, a lot of happy clappers we have.
In addition, a more easily corruptible local council.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
No he only moved on because he could never sell our ground, as it is knee deep in covenants.

As for your council, I've been watching from afar and there's certainly something dodgy going on.

Good luck with your fight.

Feb 3, 2024
Hey I traveled the short distances to Plainmoor today with my daughter as Argyle we’re many miles away. Don’t know much about the owners and the situation, but what I will say if your going to protest its going to take a bit more than About 20 teenagers a drum and a bed sheet as a banner in the pop side, just saying might need to get a bit more organised. Hope it all works out for you. Sad to see the club where it is.

Reactions: LittleAmerica

LittleAmerica

βšͺ️ Pasoti Visitor βšͺ️
Feb 17, 2022
Hey I traveled the short distances to Plainmoor today with my daughter as Argyle we’re many miles away. Don’t know much about the owners and the situation, but what I will say if your going to protest its going to take a bit more than About 20 teenagers a drum and a bed sheet as a banner in the pop side, just saying might need to get a bit more organised. Hope it all works out for you. Sad to see the club where it is.
I completely agree. Hence a call for help, we have too many happy clappers, though the discontent is growing as it should have done a long time back. What would be great would be an organised protest outside the ground during a game, of a number to large to suppress and too noticable for the media to ignore also.

Feb 3, 2024
Yeah I think an organised protest outside the ground is good, may be support the team for the first 45 then take it outside, didn’t see any support for the gulls today not one song.

Reactions: E4pilgrim

CarolinaGreen

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
I think the only thing that a businessman up to no good hates the most is bad publicity in their home towns. Have you looked into how Wrexham fans dealt with Stephen Cleeve? He was a property developer who lived a few hundred miles away. Somehow they forced him to sell. I know that from the documentary obviously, but not much detail.

AdelaideGreen

πŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί
Jan 11, 2017
Sad to see what Torquay are facing.
My first experience of a (non school) football ground is when my Dad took me to Plainmoor (he did not like Argyle 😧).

Mexijan1

πŸ‡²πŸ‡½πŸ‡²πŸ‡½πŸ‡²πŸ‡½πŸ‡²πŸ‡½πŸ‡²πŸ‡½πŸ‡²πŸ‡½
βœ… Evergreen
Jul 17, 2023
Despite having the wing mirror of my MK1 Capri smashed off, which was about the only fully functional thing on that car, when we visited Plainmoor always had a soft spot for the Gulls. Hope you can sort it out hard enough when it's a league team but when you drop lower down the order the sharks will circle. Cost me 2 quid to replace that bloody mirror 5% of the cars value but I'm over it now......just.

999mattyg

βœ… Evergreen
πŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Auction Winner πŸ‘¨β€βš–οΈ
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
As someone mentioned earlier, you need to find a friendly ear on the council. Sounds like there’s something dodgy going on. Good luck. Very sad times for TUFC.
Maybe set up a protest crowdfunder after creating a plan of action. πŸ‘

Mexijan1

πŸ‡²πŸ‡½πŸ‡²πŸ‡½πŸ‡²πŸ‡½πŸ‡²πŸ‡½πŸ‡²πŸ‡½πŸ‡²πŸ‡½
βœ… Evergreen
Jul 17, 2023
As someone mentioned earlier, you need to find a friendly ear on the council. Sounds like there’s something dodgy going on. Good luck. Very sad times for TUFC.
Maybe set up a protest crowdfunder after creating a plan of action. πŸ‘
Honestly I complained to the Police, who detained me at the time, and a crowdfunder seems a bit extreme for 2 quid but thanks for the support,

Last edited: