Liam Rosenior!! | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Liam Rosenior!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wexford Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
✅ Evergreen
Jan 20, 2005
Ballygarrett, County Wexford, Ireland
I have to admit that I don’t really get why people think Rosenior underachieved at Hull. Looking at online tables of championship spend and wages paid to players, Hull’s 7th placed finish exceeds their placing in both of those criteria (knowing of course that you have to take such tables with a pinch of salt).

Sep 6, 2006
The only clubs who would come in for him currently are Birmingham (League Division One)and Huddersfield (League Division One). Who else in the Championship needs a manager. The Millwall job would appear to be Neil Harris, s if he wants it. Haven't Sunderland recently appointed someone?. Anyway the "bigger fish" would appear to be splashing around in a lower grade pool, so hopefully the timing and a chance to continue in the Championship will appeal. Anyway, who, d want to live in Huddersfield or indeed Birmingham when he could live here in sunny Stonehouse. Welcome!!.
Whichever of Soton and Leeds don't go up could be looking for a new manager. Probably Sheff U also

Jun 24, 2008
Anyone looking for why Liam Rosenior might be a perfect fit for Argyle should read this EFL article (see below). He seems well placed to develop the 'One Argyle' philosophy even further with his conduct, manner, candour and drive in a footballing geographic outpost as Hull were. I just wonder if the bruising of the departure from a club and a city he loved means he might want some time out. We'll see.

You're absolutely right, and remains my concern if we are to have any chance of inticing him here. Liam and Argyle may be on different timelines sadly. Whilst it all looks perfect timing, Liam had a big connection to the club, this would've hit hard. That takes time, as does the decision to move down here.

His agent may be advising him to hold tight and see what else crops up. It depends whether he feels this is the perfect challenge for him (and if we want him). I do think that Sunderland will be putting all their eggs in the Will Still basket, especially now he's free as a bird.

Sep 28, 2022
Whichever of Soton and Leeds don't go up could be looking for a new manager. Probably Sheff U also
Not too sure that is the case to be honest. Wilder will be given the chance to bounce back I suspect and to be frank I don't see either of the other two being interested in him. Probably not a high enough profile for either club. Sunderland definitely maybe but again is Rosenior high enough profile for them. I should imagine they are keen on Steve Cooper, ex Forest and experience of promotion from the Championship. Rosenior is well suited to us I believe for him and for us.

Jun 22, 2005
I mean he couldn't have been in a better place to see what we're about could he? He might not fancy another job where he could be sacked on a whim like he was with Hull. He would know he would have time with us.

Apr 16, 2016
Trouble is ..if you get 'sacked on a whim' you get financially set up so it can be win win for managers who perform reasonably well but get sacked.

Dec 23, 2005
Haven't read through 13 pages so may have been mentioned already but Sunderland are in the market for a new manager too, and they will more match Rosenior's ambition.
Can easily see him going there. Think we might go for Skubala. Yes, he has that scary England Youth link, but he had Lincoln purring and just missing out on the playoffs against much larger budgets..
Sunderland have a poor track record for managers - would he want to go there? Their churn-rate is high.

Last edited:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Anyone looking for why Liam Rosenior might be a perfect fit for Argyle should read this EFL article (see below). He seems well placed to develop the 'One Argyle' philosophy even further with his conduct, manner, candour and drive in a footballing geographic outpost as Hull were. I just wonder if the bruising of the departure from a club and a city he loved means he might want some time out. We'll see.

There's so much there that's reminiscent of SS and so many assurances we wouldn't have a Foster MKII. Building a positive culture, treating players like human beings, letting them express themselves on the pitch etc etc.

I also had no idea he was so connected to Hull, beyond football. Really interesting (y)

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I mean he couldn't have been in a better place to see what we're about could he? He might not fancy another job where he could be sacked on a whim like he was with Hull. He would know he would have time with us.
Would he? Hull fans saying he was too defensive at home. I’ve heard that before somewhere and then we sacked our manager after 3 months. If he comes in and loses 10 in a row he’ll be sacked just like any other club.

Reactions: oldage

Jon with no H

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
i agree he did a "good" job there but not a great job.if he gets the job,i wish him well.
It would seem that if Argyle were going to appoint someone off the back of a great job, they would be making a step up several levels, so it's important to remember the idea that perfect is the enemy of good!

Status
Not open for further replies.