Liam Rosenior!! | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Liam Rosenior!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Tbf it was an almighty mistake wasn't it?
8 defeats in his last 11 games is an awful record, even allowing for the bullying and other things he did, it was awful and Simon clearly had no idea somehow what was going on at his club, this is probably because he is rarely at the stadium.
Even now as we look for someone to take charge he is back in the USA, just seems odd that he makes these decisions yet is never here to make them.
It evolved into a mistake from a measured risk taken with (I'm sure) the best intent. I still think some of IF's defence strategies were good and he will make a useful assistant coach somewhere under a strong and charismatic Head! But the stories of his man management skills, or lack of, make me sad that the players had to endure it.
Do we know how many times Simon was at HP this season? More than 'rarely' I think, whilst to say that he is never here to make decisions is obviously not correct.

May 13, 2019
Let's be honest, it's very unlikely to happen, but I'd be absolutely over the moon if it did!
I'm not sure, i don't think its as far away as what we think. If one of Preston or Sunderland come calling for him then i agree it will be unlikely, purely because of their financial power compared to ours. The other worry of mine would be Shef United if they are to go separate ways with Wilder in the summer.

I just think Rosenior and Argyle go hand in hand in their current positions.

Reactions: Sun Stonehouse
Sep 6, 2006
We were really pumped up for the game on Saturday. I'm not so sure Hull were, especially as the game wore on and the play offs were gone for them. They looked a very different Hull side to the one that went hammer and tongs at Ipswich a few days earlier.
He spent almost all of his playing career in the Championship and most of his coaching career to date.
He wouldn't lack interpersonal skills and media skills like the hapless IF.
He is the right age, knows the league inside out and would be aware of our strengths and weaknesses. He has good relationships in the game and bigger clubs would see him as a safe person to trust and loan young players to.
I think he has a lot going for him. Whether he is within our salary budget I don't know but I like to think so.
That is all very well but which is why bigger fish will probably come in for him.

Sep 28, 2022
That is all very well but which is why bigger fish will probably come in for him.
The only clubs who would come in for him currently are Birmingham (League Division One)and Huddersfield (League Division One). Who else in the Championship needs a manager. The Millwall job would appear to be Neil Harris, s if he wants it. Haven't Sunderland recently appointed someone?. Anyway the "bigger fish" would appear to be splashing around in a lower grade pool, so hopefully the timing and a chance to continue in the Championship will appeal. Anyway, who, d want to live in Huddersfield or indeed Birmingham when he could live here in sunny Stonehouse. Welcome!!.

• Haha
Reactions: Lancastergreen

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
I’m very prone in life to overreactions and hyperbole but let’s just agree to bin off any other interested parties, due diligence to high hell just stick it all red, all the savings, no bets hedged, the lot. Let’s go with Rosenior. :)

All jokes aside yes I’m keen, I think he’d be great for us. May be out of budget and he may want to see what other jobs become available / not jump into the first thing but we have to try.

Why am I keen? Hard to distil but I’ve always liked him. I was in the car with two mates on the way to Norwich gloomingly raking over the coals of Foster and said along the lines of Liam Rosenior would be great for us….” He also - along with Rooney - seemed to act with a dignity at Derby when the whole place was falling down. There is a tenuous connection too with his dad down here and the Gulls.

He’s got a sort of understated coolness/class, I can’t really explain it there are echoes of SS in there for me. I can imagine he’s someone that the players would want to pull on a shirt for

I’m perhaps overreacting a touch, but I think he’d be great option for us.

Chances of it happening ? 30% I reckon. It’s small. But my 2ps worth: we have to have a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.