Liam Rosenior!! | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Liam Rosenior!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2022
Can someone explain to me what Rosenior has actually done to have the whole fan base wetting themselves?

He was sacked at Derby after we beat them in league 1 and I was surprised when I saw him as Hulls manager on Saturday. The quality of some of their players they should have been in the play offs surely?

Am I missing something?

It can't be 'one of the most competitive championship seasons in history' and only for us and not the other 23.

The three relegated sides from the PL were none of the sides that were promoted to the PL the year before. So that locks out the top 3.

Then, you've got a bizarre story in Ipswich taking a spot in the top two. Rosenior couldn't single handedly stop that. So that's 4 spots.

So now it's just Norwich, WBA, Boro, Coventry, Sunderland, Watford, Hull and Swansea who all wanted those 2 remaining spots. PNE, too?

Don't forget, Boro, Sunderland and Coventry were in the playoffs last season.

So 7th spot, 4pts from the playoffs, whilst essentially competing for 2 spaces with 8 or 9 clubs.

Not to mention that he arrived in November of the season before and then oversaw a huge turnover of players in the summer.

Did he 'fail' getting into the top 6? Yes.

Did he actually fail, when you consider every factor? No, not at all. This is yet another stupid managerial sacking through lack of patience through overspending gambler owners.

Join me in a fantasy world here... Hull make the top 6 and lose in the playoffs. That's suddenly an achievement? But back in the real world it's the same end result - Championship football next season & no PL money for its owners - yet he's a failure? Madness.

Much like Luton did, after Watford sacked Rob Edwards, we should be pouncing on Rosenior.

Aug 22, 2006
:ROFLMAO:
This is hilarious.
Hull's wage bill was nearly three times ours.

That suggests that Rosenior, even though he was an ex Torquay player, and I appreciate the link as I often speak to his father, would have been on a lot more than our head coach.

We stayed up by the skin of our teeth, we needed at least two more attacking players from January, but that would have been at a modest cost. How on earth can we now all of a sudden afford Rosenior and the budget which he would require?

Extroadinary stuff.

Reactions: Flag Hippo

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Watching LR shaking the hands of each and every one of our players, on Saturday speaks volumes for the man.

Sadly, for LR, the defeat at HP means another manager to the sacrificial altar of foreign chairmen who don't really have a clue how to run a football club.

Had they beaten us, they would have been in the playoffs. Tight margins? Or pathetic chairmen?

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Young, articulate, Championship experience, took Hull to 7th place,available, what’s not to like.
Add to that...no compensation to have to pay.

Reactions: woollygreen
Mar 11, 2018
Now you’re just fishing
Actually, it would be OK if the word was finished and it read 'carping'. A lot of that over one possible head coach among many. It didn't take long for Saturday's euphoria to dissipate. I'm glad I got in early!

Jul 18, 2013
I don't think he's out of our reach at all. The bigger fish in this league will have his cards marked as a failure having been sacked at Derby & Hull. They'll see a man unlikely to get them to the promised land immediately and won't take the risk. Sheffield United have money problems and will want an instant return, can't see them looking at him.
He needs a stable job to continue to learn the trade and build his reputation, he gets that here and nowhere else.
Birmingham could be an option as they have the budget, but what happens if he has them 8th in November? He gets the sack and has two league 1 sackings on his CV. It's game over for big jobs after that should it happen.
Appointing him fits. I'd be delighted if it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.