Liam Rosenior!! | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Liam Rosenior!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2012
Sunderland
:ROFLMAO:
This is hilarious.
Hull's wage bill was nearly three times ours.

That suggests that Rosenior, even though he was an ex Torquay player, and I appreciate the link as I often speak to his father, would have been on a lot more than our head coach.

We stayed up by the skin of our teeth, we needed at least two more attacking players from January, but that would have been at a modest cost. How on earth can we now all of a sudden afford Rosenior and the budget which he would require?

Extroadinary stuff.
When Hull hired Rosenior his only managerial experience was a caretaker stint at Derby in League One. It's very unlikely that they'd have hired him on massive wages.

Cdp

Oct 18, 2014
Wrexham
Just about to talk about reosenior on talk sport may be interesting listening. I can't listen as about to start work . ..

Be good if someone can put update on what's said, I doubt they will mention who he's linked to though

Nov 18, 2011
This is hilarious.

That suggests that Rosenior, even though he was an ex Torquay player, and I appreciate the link as I often speak to his father, would have been on a lot more than our head coach.

We stayed up by the skin of our teeth, we needed at least two more attacking players from January, but that would have been at a modest cost. How on earth can we now all of a sudden afford Rosenior and the budget which he would require?

Extroadinary stuff.
Big new Sky TV deal for one.

Nov 18, 2011
Hull’s sacking of Rosenior could well go on to be the biggest unforced error since Charlton parted company with Curbishley.

If results had gone differently last Saturday then we could be in League 1 whilst Rosenior could have been getting Hull ready for the play offs.

Now he's out of a job and could (unlikely) be coming here. Potentially quite the sliding doors moment

Reactions: KirkbyGreen
Jul 12, 2016
Watching LR shaking the hands of each and every one of our players, on Saturday speaks volumes for the man.

Sadly, for LR, the defeat at HP means another manager to the sacrificial altar of foreign chairmen who don't really have a clue how to run a football club.

Had they beaten us, they would have been in the playoffs. Tight margins? Or pathetic chairmen?
Perhaps he was saying to all of them .“ See you for pre season” ?

• Haha
Reactions: BeetleBurger

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
It can't be 'one of the most competitive championship seasons in history' and only for us and not the other 23.

The three relegated sides from the PL were none of the sides that were promoted to the PL the year before. So that locks out the top 3.

Then, you've got a bizarre story in Ipswich taking a spot in the top two. Rosenior couldn't single handedly stop that. So that's 4 spots.

So now it's just Norwich, WBA, Boro, Coventry, Sunderland, Watford, Hull and Swansea who all wanted those 2 remaining spots. PNE, too?

Don't forget, Boro, Sunderland and Coventry were in the playoffs last season.

So 7th spot, 4pts from the playoffs, whilst essentially competing for 2 spaces with 8 or 9 clubs.

Not to mention that he arrived in November of the season before and then oversaw a huge turnover of players in the summer.

Did he 'fail' getting into the top 6? Yes.

Did he actually fail, when you consider every factor? No, not at all. This is yet another stupid managerial sacking through lack of patience through overspending gambler owners.

Join me in a fantasy world here... Hull make the top 6 and lose in the playoffs. That's suddenly an achievement? But back in the real world it's the same end result - Championship football next season & no PL money for its owners - yet he's a failure? Madness.

Much like Luton did, after Watford sacked Rob Edwards, we should be pouncing on Rosenior.
That is the best post to suit your opinion I’ve ever seen. No one locked out any positions at the top. In fact they were all falling over themselves to not go up come the end.

I’m not saying I don’t want him here, I just don’t get how everyone thinks the guy that was sacked by Derby last season after we beat them (who have been promoted this season) and who failed to get a top 6 position with players like Scott Twine, Liam Delap, Carvalho & Billy Sharpe will be an absolute no brainer for us.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2015
I don’t think it’s an overreaction by fans wanting LR at Argyle. What I think is that most of us are still scarred by the appointment of Foster, a complete novice who let’s face very nearly sunk our club to league 1 and caused bigger diversions with players ever imagineable. Naturally we are all hoping lessons have been learnt in that a-manager with some experience has to be the way forward and not taking another punt with a novice.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
That is the best poster suit your opinion I’ve ever seen. No one locked out any positions at the top. In fact they were all falling over themselves to not go up come the end.

I’m not saying I don’t want him here, I just don’t get how everyone thinks the guy that was sacked by Derby last season after we beat them (who have been promoted this season) and who failed to get a top 6 position with players like Scott Twine, Liam Delap, Carvalho & Billy Sharpe will be an absolute no brainer for us.
Twine has never done anything in the Championship. Delap was signed on the back of scoring three goals in 23 games for Stoke the season before, hardly an inspiring record, and he spent most of the second half of this season out injured. Carvalho was signed in January and brought in to play up front to replace Delap and was excellent. Billy Sharp also joined in January, he's 38 and he started just twice for them.

Before the season started no-one was predicting Hull to be going for the playoffs.

Said old Green

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jan 3, 2023
The only clubs who would come in for him currently are Birmingham (League Division One)and Huddersfield (League Division One). Who else in the Championship needs a manager. The Millwall job would appear to be Neil Harris, s if he wants it. Haven't Sunderland recently appointed someone?. Anyway the "bigger fish" would appear to be splashing around in a lower grade pool, so hopefully the timing and a chance to continue in the Championship will appeal. Anyway, who, d want to live in Huddersfield or indeed Birmingham when he could live here in sunny Stonehouse. Welcome!!.
The bigger worry is if a team like Leeds or Norwich fail in the playoffs, say goodbye to their manager and fancy Liam. Then we would have no chance

Said old Green

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jan 3, 2023
Have you watched it?

Dewsnip/Nance/Ireland were getting swarmed by fans, it would have been easy for Rosenior to just head for the tunnel, but he was patient and still wanted to shake each of theirs hands, despite losing the game. He then waited in the tunnel to shake hands with every Argyle player.

He showed a lot of class on the day.
He's probably never heard him being interviewed either and therefore no idea that Liam is a thoughtful , intelligent and articulate young coach who handles himself impeccably

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
A reservation I have is that we just don’t have the quality of players able to play a possession based game at this level. If that is LR’s mantra then would he be such a good fit for us? I know he’d be given time and some resources to develop his ideas, but I wonder if he would fancy the challenge?

Sep 13, 2003
This is hilarious.

Extroadinary stuff.
LR has spent approximately £24m on transfers as well Maz! As you said, Sunderland will snap him up.

Reactions: Mazza26
Status
Not open for further replies.