Liam Rosenior!! | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Liam Rosenior!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
Thing is, there is no appointment we can make that will please everyone. Someone will find a reason to disapprove whoever we get... Not won anything, boring football, not experienced et al. But this is the first name that has really piqued the interest of a massive majority and I think that the club would be daft not to at least ask the question.

I reckon he'd be up for it... perhaps he was so keen to shake ND's hand after the game so he could tell him 'i think I'll be sacked next week...call me!'

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
just looked at the final league placings,if hull had beaten us they would have had 73 points,the same amount as norwich,however,to overhaul norwich and therefore claim a play off spot hull would have needed an 8-0 win.i still don't understand the clamour but will be happy to be persuaded otherwise.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Haven't read through 13 pages so may have been mentioned already but Sunderland are in the market for a new manager too, and they will more match Rosenior's ambition.
Can easily see him going there. Think we might go for Skubala. Yes, he has that scary England Youth link, but he had Lincoln purring and just missing out on the playoffs against much larger budgets..

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
just looked at the final league placings,if hull had beaten us they would have had 73 points,the same amount as norwich,however,to overhaul norwich and therefore claim a play off spot hull would have needed an 8-0 win.i still don't understand the clamour but will be happy to be persuaded otherwise.
I think the clue is that Hull didn't realise the WBA score - until some kind fellows in the Dem'port advised them.
Had WBA lost, then Hull would have made the playoffs (if they beat Argyle).

Mar 30, 2024
Some Hull fans were critical of an over cautious approach at home which resulted in points being dropped.........

Sep 6, 2006
Watching LR shaking the hands of each and every one of our players, on Saturday speaks volumes for the man.

Sadly, for LR, the defeat at HP means another manager to the sacrificial altar of foreign chairmen who don't really have a clue how to run a football club.

Had they beaten us, they would have been in the playoffs. Tight margins? Or pathetic chairmen?
They wouldn't have been in the play offs.

Reactions: Andy S

Graham Clark

✅ Evergreen
Nov 18, 2018
Anyone looking for why Liam Rosenior might be a perfect fit for Argyle should read this EFL article (see below). He seems well placed to develop the 'One Argyle' philosophy even further with his conduct, manner, candour and drive in a footballing geographic outpost as Hull were. I just wonder if the bruising of the departure from a club and a city he loved means he might want some time out. We'll see.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Just to touch on Hull missing out on the play offs, some seem to be using that as a stick to beat Rosenior with, but I don’t think that’s fair.

I made a comment at the start of the season that 16 or 17 teams would have been thinking they “should” be in the top 6 or that they could compete to be in the top 6. Sunderland would have thought that. Stoke would have thought that. Watford would have thought that. Middlesbrough would have thought that. And so on. There are a lot of good teams in the Championship, why should Hull have finished above West Brom or Norwich? What metric are we using to say that? Norwich and West Brom have money as well, probably more than Hull.

Hull were 21st when Rosenior took over. They’re now 7th. He’s done a good job.

Also, we aren’t looking for a head coach who is going to get us into the play offs next season, so the fact that Hull missed out is slightly irrelevant. We’re looking for a coach to improve upon where we finished this season - 21st - which Rosenior has proven he can do.

jthep

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Apr 28, 2011
I was pretty ambivalent before reading that article. I wonder if the Chairman wanted to buy in short term gains whilst LR wanted to pursue the longer term build approach?

Whatever- the words would surely appeal to SH et al. No doubt though that he would want more than a Chief Coach role

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Just to touch on Hull missing out on the play offs, some seem to be using that as a stick to beat Rosenior with, but I don’t think that’s fair.

I made a comment at the start of the season that 16 or 17 teams would have been thinking they “should” be in the top 6 or that they could compete to be in the top 6. Sunderland would have thought that. Stoke would have thought that. Watford would have thought that. Middlesbrough would have thought that. And so on. There are a lot of good teams in the Championship, why should Hull have finished above West Brom or Norwich? What metric are we using to say that? Norwich and West Brom have money as well, probably more than Hull.

Also, we aren’t looking for a head coach who is going to get us into the play offs next season, so the fact that Hull missed out is slightly irrelevant. We’re looking for a coach to improve upon where we finished this season - 21st - which Rosenior has proven he can do.
i agree he did a "good" job there but not a great job.if he gets the job,i wish him well.

Dec 26, 2022

Spot on. Realistic ambitions will attract the right person for us and recognising what and where we are at this moment WILL make us a good fit for some.

Reactions: Cobi Budge
Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
I think the clue is that Hull didn't realise the WBA score - until some kind fellows in the Dem'port advised them.
Had WBA lost, then Hull would have made the playoffs (if they beat Argyle).
well WBA did not lose and if i was a hull fan i would want liam to really go for a huge,on the front foot win.

Dreamgreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
I was pretty ambivalent before reading that article. I wonder if the Chairman wanted to buy in short term gains whilst LR wanted to pursue the longer term build approach?

Whatever- the words would surely appeal to SH et al. No doubt though that he would want more than a Chief Coach role
It's probably more about the salary than the job title.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
They wouldn't have been in the play offs.
You're right. I meant to say "had Norwich lost as well". Then they would have been in the playoffs.

Narrow margins.

Status
Not open for further replies.