Liam Rosenior!! | Page 16 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Liam Rosenior!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hull’s owner set ‘a top 10 finish’ at the start of the season as success for the club. By the end of the season, Rosenior narrowly misses out on the play-offs and then gets sacked for not meeting expectations and for differences with the owner on the club’s ‘vision’. Hull may well find they have a harder job attracting a new manager/head coach than us.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Quite a few people are suggesting that Sunderland will be pushing to appoint Will Still but they’re now going to be competing for his signature with Hull which I think is probably a more attractive job at the moment.

Apr 30, 2011
I was pretty ambivalent before reading that article. I wonder if the Chairman wanted to buy in short term gains whilst LR wanted to pursue the longer term build approach?

Whatever- the words would surely appeal to SH et al. No doubt though that he would want more than a Chief Coach role
If that is correct about the LR having a longer term perspective on success, that may tempt him away from Sunderland and more in our direction.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
It suits my opinion but it is also all true. By "locking out the top spots" I think it's fair to assume that relegated PL sides reserve 3 of the top 6 spots year after year. You only need to look at recent league tables to show this.

I may have my timelines wrong, but wasn't Rosenior sacked by Derby after he had 1 transfer window whilst under an embargo?

21/22 - Derby relegated under Rooney with assistant Rosenior.
June 2022 - Rooney leaves. Rosenior appointed. Transfer embargo etc. They had only 5 senior players under contract.
September 2022 - he's sacked for Paul Warne.

This was the league table when he was sacked.

View attachment 15316

So he got a transfer window with an embargo and 9 games, despite having them in 7th.
From memory I think he was sacked after we beat Derby at their place?

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Yes, that was my first thought, too: if not as a direct result of that memorable Argyle victory at their place it wasn't long after.

The twice 'sacked in the morning' scenarios following defeats to Argyle could play two ways, psychologically. Either he would come out in hives at the very thought of joining Argyle or logically conclude that if he was actually made our manager at least it could never happen next time! :ROFLMAO:

Oct 31, 2022

He was, yep. 9 games into the season after a pre-season.

I believe they were under a transfer embargo and entered pre-season with only 5 senior players. I could be wrong about the embargo part.

Reactions: Fergy

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
He was, yep. 9 games into the season after a pre-season.

I believe they were under a transfer embargo and entered pre-season with only 5 senior players. I could be wrong about the embargo part.
The players he had available for him were pretty damn good though. I’m not saying I don’t want him, I just don’t understand the clamour for him from some people.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
The players he had available for him were pretty damn good though. I’m not saying I don’t want him, I just don’t understand the clamour for him from some people.
I think that a lot of it is down to his personality, the way he embraces the whole one club philosophy, and his man management as much as anything. It was very interesting listening to the Hill radio journalist on 5 Live last night. He just seems a perfect fit for us.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Liam Rosenoir - a big YES from me. Anyone with no Championship level management experience, is a mate of the former PE teacher and is a Scouser is a definite NO
What a good job Argyle didn't take that approach when they appointed Ryan Lowe and Schumacher under the direction of the former PE teacher who oversaw two promotions in three seasons and then 3 wins in 6 games to secure our Championship status.

What a good job Argyle didn't take that approach when they appointed Ryan Lowe and Schumacher under the direction of the former PE teacher who oversaw two promotions in three seasons and then 3 wins in 6 games to secure our Championship status.
There are only so many untried and untested Scouse managers to go around! I think more than Dewsnip responsible for the promotions, although obviously there is credit in the bank for these. Foster however eroded much of that. The biggest issue is one of risk. There is too much to lose in chancing it with a rookie at Championship level. It could work, but if it doesn't the financial hit would be huge (on TV money alone).

Status
Not open for further replies.