Liam Rosenior!! | Page 17 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Liam Rosenior!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

subbuteo

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 12, 2009
Just seen the Hull owner on SSN. Sounds like he wants to manage the team. Not sure I'd be jumping in to that role as a prospective manager.

Anyhow their loss could be to our benefit.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Just seen the Hull owner on SSN. Sounds like he wants to manage the team. Not sure I'd be jumping in to that role as a prospective manager.

Anyhow their loss could be to our benefit.
He does, and they've made signings in the last few years that managers haven't wanted but he did too.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
There are only so many untried and untested Scouse managers to go around! I think more than Dewsnip responsible for the promotions, although obviously there is credit in the bank for these. Foster however eroded much of that. The biggest issue is one of risk. There is too much to lose in chancing it with a rookie at Championship level. It could work, but if it doesn't the financial hit would be huge (on TV money alone).
The whole backroom team, management staff and players from SH down were responsible for the promotions and ND wasn't the only person responsible for the appointment of Lowe, Schumacher and Foster or deciding that ND and Nance were the best pair to oversee the period following the loss of Schumacher and Foster.
It therefore seems odd that you would choose to seemingly single out ND and Scousers generally for a rather snidey comment. The whole Argyle ship of course is overseen on a day to day basis by Andrew Parkinson, yet another Scouser and what a fantastic job he has done since taking over.

Jul 6, 2011
It depends if you want an offensive team or not. According to his (previous) chairman the attack philosophy just wasn't there. For me I'd like to see Anthony Barry as head coach, but we will see.

Oct 10, 2018
It evolved into a mistake from a measured risk taken with (I'm sure) the best intent. I still think some of IF's defence strategies were good and he will make a useful assistant coach somewhere under a strong and charismatic Head! But the stories of his man management skills, or lack of, make me sad that the players had to endure it.
Do we know how many times Simon was at HP this season? More than 'rarely' I think, whilst to say that he is never here to make decisions is obviously not correct.

8 games, and on 4 occasions to meet investors and board members, he noted this in a recent pod cast. A dozen occasions plus there is this little known technology called Zoom which allows remote access, wow Devon is that up to date.

Dec 28, 2023
After reading the article posted from earlier in the season about his philosophy and approach I see big similarities with the positive aspects of Schumacher’s reign.

We’ve seen it time and again how we can overachieve when the team buys into an idea/coach and everyone feels valued.

That togetherness can be more successful than ‘big’ names coming in.

That’s where Rosenior’s real value lies.

Reactions: dennis the menace
Sep 22, 2003
I can understand the reticence of some on here with regards to LR, but let's face it who are Argyle going to attract with the budget we have? (Although that will increase next season, of course.)
There won't be a single man in the frame for the job that will not have some huge negatives, such as never managed at this level before; never managed in England before; will not fit Argyle's culture and so on. And these would be fair criticisms. We might be taking a huge risk with these guys. Been there. Done that!
I don't believe that Rosenior would present the same level of risk. From reading the various articles on Hull, their owner and Rosenior, I suggest that the only risk would be that we wouldn't quite be playing the attacking football we would like.
He may not tick all the boxes, but Argyle can't afford Pep, but I think LR ticks more boxes than others in the frame and it is for this reason that many on here are so positive about the possibility of him being our next manager.

Metoo.

Sep 22, 2003
Thing is - we don't know he IS in the frame - we don't know anyone who is in the frame.
Of course not, or indeed who is interested. I'm speaking in the wider sense; referring to those either suggested on here or are on the list on the Who would you like as the new manager? board.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
I can understand the reticence of some on here with regards to LR, but let's face it who are Argyle going to attract with the budget we have? (Although that will increase next season, of course.)
There won't be a single man in the frame for the job that will not have some huge negatives, such as never managed at this level before; never managed in England before; will not fit Argyle's culture and so on. And these would be fair criticisms. We might be taking a huge risk with these guys. Been there. Done that!
I don't believe that Rosenior would present the same level of risk. From reading the various articles on Hull, their owner and Rosenior, I suggest that the only risk would be that we wouldn't quite be playing the attacking football we would like.
He may not tick all the boxes, but Argyle can't afford Pep, but I think LR ticks more boxes than others in the frame and it is for this reason that many on here are so positive about the possibility of him being our next manager.

Metoo.
Well put. I certainly wouldn't be unhappy if it happened.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London

Genuine question, but is not managing in England before really a huge risk? Pretty much all the top managers in England aren’t English/hadn’t managed in England before. Plus the obvious examples of Cifuentes and Rohl this season.

Championship is one of the top leagues in the world, and pretty much everyone on the planet wants to be in English football, so I reckon we are a very very attractive prospect.

Edit… on your point about LR’s style of play possibly not matching up, I actually think that’s a far bigger risk than lack of Championship experience and the bit I need to be convinced on about him. The new man HAS to be a perfect fit.

Jul 24, 2006
Budapest
The guys nuts , he is just trying to justify a totally irrational decision
The owner came out and said he wants a different style than what LR will give, but only in January gave him a new contract. Now those comments have been taken by many to mean LR is not an attacking coach. Which is wrong they were an attacking side they just over played, were slower than fans wanted (maybe that's the owners issue too) and took many passes to get up the pitch.

It's possible this is just the public reason he is giving. It's possible he said to LR I want Ipswich did and he said I can't promise that... So he fired him...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.