Liam Rosenior!! | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Liam Rosenior!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bovey Green lady

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 29, 2019
I don't think we should, purely because everyone is referring to him by his first name and its spinning me out. I don't know if I could take 3 years of it.
'Course you could! There is room for 2 "Liams" in Plymouth. You just have to claim to be the most important one!:)

Dec 16, 2004
Every time I've seen Rosenior as a pundit or seen his pre/post match interviews I've thought that he would be great for Argyle. I also wouldn't underestimate getting Hull so close to the play-offs. An extra run of the ball here or there in the season could have clinched it. He certainly is no knobhead, he would get Argyle, he's intelligent, young, he knows the league, I would imagine players would connect with him etc. etc. I hope he's interested and hope we could afford him.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Because he fits the profile of the type of candidate that the club have previously said they want, with the added bonus that he has experience of managing at this level.
fair comment but has he won anything as a coach?not being snide,just think he might not "have it"

Feb 14, 2022
He is clearly someone with bags of potential who hasn't found the right home at Derby or Hull. I hope maybe a step back from failed PL clubs with massive over expectations maybe just what allows him to flourish.

Jul 29, 2012
Hull definitely play in a style Schumacher was creating at the end of his reign.

The back four would push up quite high under Schumacher & you could see this in tye Hull game under Rosenior. To the point Allslop played a brillant role l felt as the sweeper keeper. There was a Hardie situation in the first half which l felt was a perfect example of this.

You are therefore going to need a keeper who is brilliant on the ball, but is also very quick in getting out of his box to sense danger.

The other is the passing it around the back. Their one weakness to me that Argyle almost exploited via Whittaker's shot was the passing around the back. They got themselves in a tangle with it a few times in that first half. This is a side at the end of a season & still being caught by the oppostion. It reminded by exactly of Argyle at Leeds for the first 30 mins as effectively Leeds best chances of scoring were coming from our mistakes.

If you were being fair you could argue that his style of football is exposed when his team doesn't play well & they don't come off the pitch with a result. Could you see him trying to grind out a result like we did against Leicester playing a more defensive style? Does he have a plan B? I would say this maybe why he has come unstuck at Derby & Hull, even if it seems unfair. Those clubs are geared for instant success & football is ruthless these days & rarely gives you time & patience.

I agree Liam Rosenior ticks many of the boxes. I like the way he conducts himself after interviews. He always give a fair assessment of the game, never really looking for excuses. Like on Saturday he said Argyle deserved to win. He plays a decent brand of football. Certainly its with a eye of a more front foot mentality. I can't see how he wouldn't bond with players. He has taken youngsters from the premier league on loan & tried to develop them.

Personally, l would be delighted with him. He is a very good coach. He speaks well. I think he'd get time to develop his style of football. His experience as a player & now a coach at a higher level would also be useful. It's a no brainer.

No plan B apparently. Got on well with the Chairman - a bit like SS ! SH has said that the process for appointing will be the same as before with the fit being determined by data analytics where possible but with more attention on fan engagement and man management skills .

It is difficult to envisage why the club would not want to sound him out to see if he is interested because realistically he won’t have applied - he seems to tick a lot of boxes but isn’t a scouser nor does he have any direct links to ND .

Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
The difference between Hull and Derby to us is our ambition in 5 years to be where Hull are now. That means even with a lesser budget negotiating away from the Relegation battle for a couple of years whilst your building would not result in the sack
I cannot believe anybody would chance crofts or Barry over the likes of Rosenior who has similar qualities with the added bonus of current experience we need to get to Hulls position we are not looking to win the league it maybe the next manager or one after that we look to do that with

Jan 27, 2006
He certainly replaces Michael Duff atop the list of most logical candidates for me.

Thing is, I don’t trust that Argyle will roll the dice and do something left field on the pretence of outsmarting our competitors.

Graham Clark

✅ Evergreen
Nov 18, 2018
For anyone interested in learning how Liam Rosnior plays you can whet your appetite on this in-depth analysis. It was a team allegedly assembled for £30m based on player trading in excess of that value and a 4-2-3-1 system. Will the nerves of Argyle fans withstand how he plays out from the back?

Status
Not open for further replies.