Who do we want as our new Head Coach | Page 117 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who do we want as our new Head Coach

Who do you want as the new Head Coach?

• Johannes Hoff Thorup

Votes: 82 16.8%
  • Anthony Barry

Votes: 53 10.9%
  • Paul Heckingbottom

Votes: 103 21.1%
  • Nigel Pearson

Votes: 27 5.5%
  • Michael Skubala

Votes: 59 12.1%
  • Nathan Jones

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • Alex Neil

Votes: 6 1.2%
  • Gareth Ainsworth

Votes: 9 1.8%
  • Gary Rowett

Votes: 13 2.7%
  • Someone else

Votes: 67 13.8%
  • David Wagner

Votes: 6 1.2%
  • Will Still

Votes: 51 10.5%

• Total voters
Apr 8, 2016
See that Grant McCann's Doncaster are currently losing. 2-0 at home tonight to Crewe, so it is now currently level on aggregate leading to Half-Time. (should never be touching him.eith a bargepole with his Championship record).

Apr 8, 2016
I personally hope that a managerial shortlist will be finalised early next week, with the specifications being already worked out this week. Things should progress rather rapidly from there with interviews lined up for the week after that.

Reactions: Vic BC Green

NLG

🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
I personally hope that a managerial shortlist will be finalised early next week, with the specifications being already worked out this week. Things should progress rather rapidly from there with interviews lined up for the week after that.
I was hoping they would actually be announcing the new manager (coach) before the end of next week.

Apr 15, 2024
I was hoping they would actually be announcing the new manager (coach) before the end of next week.

I was expecting the appointment this current weekend frankly.

Highly amusing reading think it was Jimsing (?) apologies if it wasn't stating we'd start looking for the manager next Tuesday....that search has been on since the day Foster departed

Furthermore totally bemused by reports of Dewsnip talking to Spurs about our loanees returning next season

That's surely the job of the inbound manager/coach which is why no more delay Argyle please

Reactions: Green gino

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Our current model, with a Director of Football and a First Team Coach has been in place since part way through Lowe's reign. The model means that the DoF acquires players along with the finance man. The first team coach then coaches the team to play a style and pattern that he thinks will be successful. It's no surprise at all that Dewsnip is speaking to players.

On the timing of an appointment, and with above in mind, there's absolutely no hurry to appoint the coach. As long as they're in place by the time the players return...

Having said all that, yes it would be ideal that the DoF and the first team coach could agree on the style of play and the players that best fit his system. I wouldn't expect an appointment before next weekend and could even see it going well beyond that.

No need to panic.

Nov 18, 2011
Furthermore totally bemused by reports of Dewsnip talking to Spurs about our loanees returning next season

That's surely the job of the inbound manager/coach which is why no more delay Argyle please
You could say the same about offering new contracts which we have done according to the retained list.

The club can't just be on pause until a new manager is appointed. I think we're all hopeful that the new manager will be here so so they can be a part of the decision making process.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
I’m surprised Scott Parker’s name isn’t on the voting list - not that he’d be my choice anyway - but iirc he was being mentioned fairly regularly before Foster got selected? BTW, I see Breitenreiter has just left Huddersfield by mutual consent. Another name to consider?

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
I’m surprised Scott Parker’s name isn’t on the voting list - not that he’d be my choice anyway - but iirc he was being mentioned fairly regularly before Foster got selected? BTW, I see Breitenreiter has just left Huddersfield by mutual consent. Another name to consider?

If Parker moaned about his budget at Bournemouth, what will he say about Argyles budget?

Reactions: Emu
Oct 10, 2018
This will all depend on how much work was done and progress made behind the scenes by AP and the analyst during the time ND was otherwise pre- occupied in his efforts to keep us in the Championship.

Oct 10, 2018
Personally from comments made by SH in POD casts and other recent interview, I believe argyle made have 30-40 serious applications for L1, yet a much smaller one for Championship may be 10. So now we have retained our status, PA are now having to scrutinise the options very carefully.

Wouldn't be surprised with we were looking at young progressive HC from overseas, in Scandinavian, Germany, Holland or Eastern Europe.

I don't think the Head C will be someone under contract, unless someone like Damien Duff in a smaller league with small compo package, yet this is a big risk.

Cdp

Oct 18, 2014
Wrexham

Highly amusing reading think it was Jimsing (?) apologies if it wasn't stating we'd start looking for the manager next Tuesday....that search has been on since the day Foster departed

If it's head coach that will be why dewsnip is talking to spurs as it's the director of football who will identify players to fit our philosophy so if and when the new manager leaves we are not stuck with players who only play his philosophy....
A prime example of this would be man utd who have quite often over the last 10 years stated they wanted a DOF but never got one.
So they have been left with players from
Fergie
Moyes
Van gaal
Mourinho
Solskjaer
Ten Haag

All with different opinions of how football should be played.

Last edited:

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall

I think you need to realign your expectations. And remember that we have a Head Coach set up here, not a Manager set up.

Reactions: jimsing