Who will go down? | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who will go down?

Bottom two

• Sheffield Wednesday

• Huddersfield Town

• Birmingham City

• Plymouth Argyle

• Blackburn Rovers

• Queens Park Rangers

• Stoke City

• Millwall

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jon with no H

🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
I agree Jon but this league is just total mayhem.

I spent 3 hours on Friday evening really giving some serious thought into the remaining results for the eight teams at the bottom (excluding Rotherham). What a waste of time that was! :)

How many would have had Blackburn beating Leeds for goodness sake! Mind you, anyone in any of the other teams would have had Leicester slaughtering us!

Hey ho!

o_Oo_Oo_O
It is indeed total mayhem (I really do think that's the perfect description after 43 games!), but because of our position in the table, that win was worth more than just the three actual points.

Before kickoff, very few of the Green Army, me included, had any real hope of getting anything. Twenty minutes in, we probably had even less hope. But the longer Leicester morphed into the worst of Wenger's Arsenal, constantly passing the ball across the face of the penalty area, we started to believe. Thankfully, Patson Daka appears to have some kind of compromising information about someone who picks their team.

At full time, many more of us believed we can stay up. Then, even after Blackburn get that win at Leeds, as good an effort as it was, it doesn't alter their distance from us in the table, thanks to our win the night before. It was huge. It also means that whatever happens at Stoke, we can only drop two places, barring an 8 goal swing for Birmingham City!

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
A win at Stoke and we are home and hosed! They are an absolutely appalling side.

Their best player Berger went off with a concussion injury so based on protocol he shouldnt be playing, will have to rest like Hardie did!

Berger is going to assessed by doctors so he maybe ok to face us

Jun 26, 2023
championship-opta-predictor-15-april-1024x658.jpeg

Opta give us a 1.7% chance of being relegated.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I give us 0%
We beat top of the league, why have fear after that?

Jan 21, 2007
I give us 0%
We beat top of the league, why have fear after that?
Me too

Seven points from the last 3 games, two clean sheets, having taken 4 points from two teams that had their tails up having won their last game before playing us, and we then beat the team at the top of the table.

To prove right, the 187 people that have voted to say that we will go down, we need to lose the next three games and have at least 66.67% of the remaining games, for the teams below us, go against us.

Reactions: Lancastergreen

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
Me too

Seven points from the last 3 games, two clean sheets, having taken 4 points from two teams that had their tails up having won their last game before playing us, and we then beat the team at the top of the table.

To prove right, the 187 people that have voted to say that we will go down, we need to lose the next three games and have at least 66.67% of the remaining games, for the teams below us, go against us.
Just to play devil's advocate, I'd say form doesn't matter in this league, at least in the last 1/3 of the season. Every game seems to be played in a vacuum right now.

Obviously it looks good right now, but give it a week and things could look amazing or awful.

If everything goes poo next week, like it's been doing every other week, the table could look like this after the coming weekend:

QPR 50 -17
Stoke 50 -19
Blackburn 49 - 14
Argyle 48 -8
Brum 48 -16
Hudders 47 -23
Sheff Wed 47 -31

And we would have two far from easy games to churn out points to go, and it doesn't seem to matter who has the harder run in, because everything is nonsense. I'm not sure where the confidence about beating Stoke is coming from, but they are favouries to win. I think the team will push through with the way they're fighting for each other, but that Opta thing changes radically every week. Only mid week Birmingham were nailed on for relegation.

Hold fast! It's could be a bumpy ride.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2004
It is brilliant we have picked up 7 points from 3 games, but to be honest Rotherham were shockingly bad, we rode our luck against QPR and were dominated by an off form Leicester. I dont think we have any right to assume we will win or even draw any of our remaining 3 games. We probably will pick up something along the way but this is not over and I think our real chance of relegation is higher than 1.7% I would put it more at 10%

Reactions: Said old Green

Cdp

Oct 18, 2014
Wrexham
1000025133.pngthis is how I've predicted the final table will look. I put us down for a point at stoke, lose to millwall and beat hull

Jon with no H

🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
Steve Evans returning to Rotherham could yet throw a spanner in & help us out. I've seen a few Blues fans concerned that he'll have an immediate impact this weekend. A home win there would be fantastic for the rest of us.
Even a draw in that game would be huge for us, given that Birmingham had such a good result against Coventry last time.

Reactions: Floyd Pepper

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
This may have been said already but Wednesday or Huddersfield need to win 2 of their last 3 games to overtake us, and that is with us only picking up a point in our remaining 3. And Huddersfield have got Ipswich away on the last day of the season. That's without even thinking about the other teams between us and the bottom 3.
If we get relegated from this position then that really would be an 'amazing' achievement, even by our standards!

Reactions: Hargyle
Dec 30, 2020
Feel there might still be a twist to come. From our perspective, this is possibly the worst of the three remaining weekends for rival fixtures - I think Birmingham and Huddersfield should win, Sheffield have a winnable game and QPR at home to Preston, who played midweek and whose play off chances are surely now gone, have a good chance of a win as well.

If we lose on Saturday, the table will look a lot tighter. Hopefully at least one other result will go our way and we get something from Stoke as well.

Reactions: Garland Greene
Sep 6, 2006
Feel there might still be a twist to come. From our perspective, this is possibly the worst of the three remaining weekends for rival fixtures - I think Birmingham and Huddersfield should win, Sheffield have a winnable game and QPR at home to Preston, who played midweek and whose play off chances are surely now gone, have a good chance of a win as well.

If we lose on Saturday, the table will look a lot tighter. Hopefully at least one other result will go our way and we get something from Stoke as well.
Agreed. I wouldnt write off most of the bottom sides winning judging by last week's results. Just have a hope Rotherham may get the new manager bounce v Brum. But they are so bad perhaps it won't make any difference