2024/2025 Squad list | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

2024/2025 Squad list

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Cooper 19 league games, six clean sheets, an average of 1.26 goals conceded per game. Average points per game 1.15.

Hazard 27 league games, five clean sheets, 1.7 goals conceded per game. Average points per game 1.07.

We've had pretty much the same defence all season and Cooper played in the Foster games where we struggled so looking at the stats Cooper is the better keeper and if he is sold I believe we need a new number 1 keeper.

Aug 10, 2006
So according to the herald Argyle are interested in having Philips and devine back next season are these player's the new manager wants or does he have no say.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
When Hazard came in I was expecting him to be Coopers replacement with Burton as his #2. Cooper's injury this season probably put the mockers on that and now Burton has left. People are saying that Hazard isn't good enough to be our #1, but I'm convinced that was the role he was brought in to take. He may not be as good as Cooper but he's as good as we can afford to afford. There are more urgent vacancies than a new #1 goalie.

Edit to add:

There is a lot of talk about getting in new players to improve every position, but we don't have room in the squad to do that. Take a look at the first post in this thread!

Last edited:

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
So according to the herald Argyle are interested in having Philips and devine back next season are these player's the new manager wants or does he have no say.
Well Dewsnip said we were negotiating to have them back - so nowt to do with any new Head Coach. We aren't in the market for a manager.

Jul 24, 2006
Budapest
Or maybe they are being prudent in planning for next season and having discussions with spurs now. Then if a deal is agreed, when the new head coach comes in they just say to him "look this deal is in place, do you want to go ahead with it or would you prefer to go for other targets??"

I can well imagine the out cry if they had no conversation with spurs, in order to wait for the new guy. Then he turns up and says "what about getting devine and Philips back?" Only took be told "oh, sorry we're too late their off to swansea, (or Cardiff, or stoke for example).

Reactions: Lyndhurst Road End
Jul 24, 2006
Budapest
Why does Hazard either have to be better than Cooper or the brunt of absolute vitriol?

Aren't we happy to have a dependable keeper in this division? After having Hazard for half a season (when he played we were mainly 19th-16th in the table), I'd say he is up to the job of being number 1.
Because that's the world we now live in....

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
I didn't realise just how many we have under contract!

That's 21 out of 25.
The 25 man squad is for players over 21 , if Galloway and Miller re-sign and we don't lose or list anyone else, we will have 19 players who have to be registered, leaving us room for at least 6 new signings over 21.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Our model is Head Coach not manager. Signing decisions are not down to one individual.

I think our model has always been a head coach even though Schumacher was going by as manager

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Some rumours going round that Gibson is off to Luton. I’d hope we don’t accept less than 6m.

Heard that last weekend and heard it’s £4 million

Florida Green

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jul 9, 2016
Sarasota, FL, USA
When I watched Gibson being interviewed after the Hull match I just had a feeling that he wouldn’t be staying. Seemed noncommittal in his answers. Top player and I hope we really make bank on him. For me, he was my player of the season.