Transfer record of £1 million? | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Transfer record of £1 million?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Can't see Celtic forking out the asking price for Cooper which is likely to be £12-£15 million, not when they could get the Swedish keeper from Rotherham for about £3.5 million, they would be crazy

Cooper only has a year left on his contract, I’d say the asking price is more likely to be 5-8 million.

Feb 8, 2005
In theory there could be multi millions to spend on the squad with the new budget and the new tv deal money, we could be in a better place to buy better players than we were last season.
I would have thought the new manager/head coach will have a fairly decent (our standards) budget where they can pull in some very good players to make us more of a threat :)
Who said that the tv money would be put into the Player Investment pot?

Feb 8, 2005
You do seem hell bent on recruiting lower league players, just waiting to see who we should sign from Parkway other than their former "manager"
I cannot see us paying for more than one or two Championship ready players, they cost far too much, but I can see us paying for players like Azeez, who we were supposedly interested in the summer but couldn't get a deal done with Reading before the window closed. His contract is now out so I don't see why we could not return although we might now have competition from other clubs for his signature.

Expect interest in the lower divisions rather than in the Championship this summer. Wages will be the more important factor than transfer fees.

Mat

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
Sep 22, 2003
Sidney, British Columbia,, Canada
The same was said of Whittaker and Mumba then look what happened.
I’m not pining for Azaz but I recognise that there’s always the possibility of a return.

Finn was bought in the January window to bolster their squad for the second half of the season, that doesn’t necessarily mean they saw/see him as a long term prospect.

Again, I’ll be keeping a close eye on their signings.
I’m not sure they spent £2.5m for some half season squad depth, he’s there for the medium term at least.

Reactions: jimsing
Feb 14, 2022
Middlesborough have bought a squad of players designed to have a right go at this league next season. I think the only way we could get Azaz is if they are promoted and Carrick doesn't think he can step up - then we may get the chance to loan or buy.

zakbrown96

✅ Evergreen
Mar 22, 2013
Maybe cooper will go but £8m is just ridiculous 1 year left on contract no one is paying that fee. £2.5m - £4m is more realistic

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
If Whittaker goes, Femi A, ( winger)) Striker - Komora, Jodi Jones ( winger) & Cammy Devlin, DM, Brannagan AM,

Josh coburn ( striker) - season loan.

Yes he does, yet it's more than about spectacular goals, and more about consistency and impact in games, and for me MW goes missing to often in games.
He can go missing as much as he wants next season if he can find the net 20 times.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
The same was said of Whittaker and Mumba then look what happened.
I’m not pining for Azaz but I recognise that there’s always the possibility of a return.

Finn was bought in the January window to bolster their squad for the second half of the season, that doesn’t necessarily mean they saw/see him as a long term prospect.

Again, I’ll be keeping a close eye on their signings.
I'm sure they did see him as a long term prospect and a player they can build a promotion challenging team around next season. His stats were second to none for goal involvements and once he had bedded in he was instrumental in their strong finish to the season.

Jun 17, 2006
Reading
Ipswich Town would make more sense for Cooper. Both of their keepers are out of contract next month (Walton’s 90th min appearance on Saturday suggested to me that this was his final farewell to the club, despite the one year option), and they‘ll certainly have the cash. If you read the ITFC fan forum, they already have Cooper listed in their ”dream” targets this summer. We’ll see though. Provided we keep Hazard, this one doesn’t bother me too much and the cash could be very wisely invested elsewhere.

Reactions: UptheTamar