Wrexham | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Wrexham

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Their Hollywood owners are apparently aiming to get the Racecourse capacity up to 55k according to the BBC……WTAF?!:ROFLMAO: Just who the hell do they think they and their current playthings are?

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
It does seem ridiculous but their US fanbase is massive. They got something like 20k for a game against Philadelphia Union reserves.

I guess 55k is more of an eventual aspiration than an immediate proposal right?

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
It does seem ridiculous but their US fanbase is massive. They got something like 20k for a game against Philadelphia Union reserves.

I guess 55k is more of an eventual aspiration than an immediate proposal right?
Yes, it is. It says they want to develop the ground stand by stand, and that if needed they think they could attract a crowd of 44k-55k. They're not just going out and building a 55k stadium. It's clearly a long term ambition, and as the only club in the pyramid in North Wales (and area where people traditionally have ignored Wrexham and support Everton, Liverpool and Man City) it would definitely be possible to increase their fanbase with success. They're working hard to try and change the perception of the club in the area and to try and get the community to buy into the club, and they seem to be getting it right, albeit by spending a lot of money.

Reactions: PeverellPafc

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Wonder if they will fund it themselves? Only because the council has given them £25 million towards the new stand

Nov 3, 2022
Yes, it is. It says they want to develop the ground stand by stand, and that if needed they think they could attract a crowd of 44k-55k. They're not just going out and building a 55k stadium. It's clearly a long term ambition, and as the only club in the pyramid in North Wales (and area where people traditionally have ignored Wrexham and support Everton, Liverpool and Man City) it would definitely be possible to increase their fanbase with success. They're working hard to try and change the perception of the club in the area and to try and get the community to buy into the club, and they seem to be getting it right, albeit by spending a lot of money.

Well put. I personally don’t understand the animosity aimed towards the club. If you watch the documentary, you can see the new owners seem genuinely passionate and have created an incredible community spirit. They’ve also been completely honest and transparent throughout their entire ownership, and have an amazing relationship with the fanbase, which is something many clubs don’t have.

They clearly have spent a lot of money as they climb the football pyramid. With that though has come improvements to the stadium, a larger and more diverse fan base, greater community spirit and international recognition.

Many people on here moan about a rich sheikh taking over Argyle if we ever want to achieve anything. Well I know I’d rather have these two than be some billionaires vanity project who ultimately doesn’t give a toss about the city or the club.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Plymothians Ben Tozer and Luke Young both released by the club today.

• Wow
Reactions: IJN
Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Well put. I personally don’t understand the animosity aimed towards the club. If you watch the documentary, you can see the new owners seem genuinely passionate and have created an incredible community spirit. They’ve also been completely honest and transparent throughout their entire ownership, and have an amazing relationship with the fanbase, which is something many clubs don’t have.

They clearly have spent a lot of money as they climb the football pyramid. With that though has come improvements to the stadium, a larger and more diverse fan base, greater community spirit and international recognition.

Many people on here moan about a rich sheikh taking over Argyle if we ever want to achieve anything. Well I know I’d rather have these two than be some billionaires vanity project who ultimately doesn’t give a toss about the city or the club.
Zackly.

First I must declare an interest because, as stated elsewhere and previously on Pasoti, I lived very close to Wrexham for six years of my childhood including very nearly my entire primary school career. The first games I ever attended were at the Racecourse, and Wrexham were very much my team until I moved to Yelverton in 1967 and saw the bright green light, may the Lord (Mike Bickle) be praised.

I would challenge anyone on Pasoti to explain why their visceral loathing of today's Wrexham is born of anything other than jealousy. Transplant Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney down to Plymouth, along with their money and ambition and the club's resultant potential to clock up a string of promotions, and what would we hear from the Argyle faithful? Precious little other than praise, at times bordering on cringeworthy worship, I would guess. Jeez, if we even temporarily have a manager who does well for us he's spoken of in almost godlike terms in some quarters. Just imagine if we had one or two bona fide Hollywood A-listers who were in it for the long haul.

Last edited:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Certainly got zero loathing in me and I love the Netflix programmes. They certainly get it don't they?

I'm also very jealous as well.

However, I'd loathe playing them next season. 😉

Nov 18, 2011
Certainly got zero loathing in me and I love the Netflix programmes. They certainly get it don't they?

This for me as well. I feel it's not just a whim for the owners now and they're committed long term.
They were smart as well in picking the right club, Wrexham is certainly showing signs of being a sleeping giant that's slowly awakening.

They have spent a lot of money in comparison to their peers but they're also making a lot with the Netflix series itself as well as all the attention it has brought.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton

No argument from me there! 🫣

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth

Series 3 of Welcome to Wrexham started last night. ;)