Exeter could lose £400,000 this year | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Exeter could lose £400,000 this year

A

Anonymous

I hope DB9 comments, he's a real fan of the Exeter City Trust.

Come on Dave, do it.................. :angel:

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
John Petrie":2zf75q0p said:
Time to play the blame game at Exeter then. The problem that they are faced with is that they have hit their natural ceiling, nothing more nothing less. It is inevitable that City will be relegated from League 1 without income to supplement gate receipts, just like with Argyle in the Championship. Blaming their trust and manager is not going to solve anything. For their sake I hope that their redevelopment plans go ahead and that they are able to supplement their income to at least be able to sustain a League 1 side, without it they will do what they always have done and be a League 2 team with occasional stints in the league above.

Completely agree, it would be good for Devon football if Exeter can improve their infrastructure and income streams, and consequently establish themselves in League 1.

A strong Exeter City, benefits Argyle IMO.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
John Petrie":wfqo58wl said:
Time to play the blame game at Exeter then. The problem that they are faced with is that they have hit their natural ceiling, nothing more nothing less. It is inevitable that City will be relegated from League 1 without income to supplement gate receipts, just like with Argyle in the Championship. Blaming their trust and manager is not going to solve anything. For their sake I hope that their redevelopment plans go ahead and that they are able to supplement their income to at least be able to sustain a League 1 side, without it they will do what they always have done and be a League 2 team with occasional stints in the league above.
I could live with that. :) :) :)

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
I hope they get relegated. But I hope they can balance their finances, don't want any other group of supporters experiencing what we have.

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Peter_dout":2a0z1o1d said:
They're losing matches, The floaters aren't interested in watching a cack team lose in a cack ground, so attendances will fall.

I can see trouble here.

Floaters, sounds like arglt and the floating 25,000 that grace the team with their presence every few years...

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Few years back I'd say 'Haha hope you go into administration and get relegated and stay where you belong, in the conference' but now I wouldnt wish that on anyone.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Hoepfully tjhey will get relegated this year. However I dont wish extinction on the club, although hopefully thsi will shut up the occasional self righteous muppets who come on here boasting about having th perfect ownership model (Lord Tisdale!). Not looking to clever now.

Hopefully things will sort out and they can prosper a a mid table league 2 side, while we staballise and improve.

L

Lord Tisdale

Womble":16omgk9p said:
Hoepfully tjhey will get relegated this year. However I dont wish extinction on the club, although hopefully thsi will shut up the occasional self righteous muppets who come on here boasting about having th perfect ownership model (Lord Tisdale!). Not looking to clever now.

Hopefully things will sort out and they can prosper a a mid table league 2 side, while we staballise and improve.

Of course it won't shut us up if you spout misinformed bollocks.

Our natural level is a League 2 club with the odd flirtation with League 1. We may be able to survive in League 1 not because we have suddenly become a much bigger & better club, but because there are many basket cases littering League 2 & The Conference.

Our ownership model prevents fosters like Heaney & Ridsdale coming along and nicking our football club. It was fortunate for you that his dodgy financing model broke down before he bought Argyle. If you bothered to read the thread on exeweb, it was not a criticism of The Trust model but of the individuals involved and lack of transparency for members. A secret society is never going to motivate the great unwashed unless it lets everyone get involved. The 400K rumoured loss is based upon falling attendances, something nearly all clubs are having to adjust to. I hope the Riddler has modified his business plan to accomodate this?

The size of our club will always limit what is achievable. I'd be interested to see what Chris Webb & Co envisage what The Argyle Trust could achieve. My one criticism at the moment is that it hasn't embraced all of the support and some individuals involved do take some of the criticism personally. They need to have thicker skins and make love to even the biggest knobheads.

You Janners could with the right effort and support grow your Trust to over 10K members and this could give you a real say in your club, something you have failed to do until just recently.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Exeter could lose up to £400,000- Argyle are going to lose at least £1 million.

Exeter could go down- Argyle are certain to.

We're not really in any position to mock in all honesty.

A

Anonymous

GreenSam":6ejy80o8 said:
Exeter could lose up to £400,000- Argyle are going to lose at least £1 million.

Exeter could go down- Argyle are certain to.

We're not really in any position to mock in all honesty.

Yes we are Sam.

They are Exeter City, that is their sole purpose in life.

N

NorfolkGreen

Christ were even better than them at making business losses!

Apr 21, 2011
The £400k loss at City is based on the assumption that they have average crowds of 3,500 this season. The 'break even' is 4,800, whilst the actual average is 4,200.

How I wish Argyle's concern was a £400k loss and a relegation to L2 :sad: