Exeter could lose £400,000 this year | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Exeter could lose £400,000 this year

A

argylelegend

Exeter could go down- Argyle are certain to.

So after 9 games we should just give up and forget about the 81 point available from now until the end of the season?

Relegated before Novemeber, I've seen it all now!!

Mar 7, 2009
GreenSam":e80ey988 said:
Exeter could lose up to £400,000- Argyle are going to lose at least £1 million.

We're not really in any position to mock in all honesty.

cer·tain/ˈsərtn/
Adjective: Known for sure; established beyond doubt.

It is not certain. Your opinion is not fact.

L

Lord Tisdale

argylelegend":7zjn8xsz said:
So after 9 games we should just give up and forget about the 81 point available from now until the end of the season?

Do they not do 3 points for a win in the basement any more then?

111 points still out there for the grabbing.

M

MoistVonLipwig

I've said it before and I'll say it again, make the bottom two leagues regional again.

It wouldn't solve all the problems but would increase the seasonal crowd average.

Aug 7, 2010
GreenSam":22l2jocp said:
Exeter could lose up to £400,000- Argyle are going to lose at least £1 million.

We're not really in any position to mock in all honesty.

3 points lifts us out of the relegation zone providing the people around us lose? Very far off from being a certainty to go down.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Lord Tisdale":es28ykku said:
Our natural level is a League 2 club with the odd flirtation with League 1. We may be able to survive in League 1 not because we have suddenly become a much bigger & better club, but because there are many basket cases littering League 2 & The Conference.

Our ownership model prevents winkers like Heaney & Ridsdale coming along and nicking our football club. It was fortunate for you that his dodgy financing model broke down before he bought Argyle. If you bothered to read the thread on exeweb, it was not a criticism of The Trust model but of the individuals involved and lack of transparency for members. A secret society is never going to motivate the great unwashed unless it lets everyone get involved. The 400K rumoured loss is based upon falling attendances, something nearly all clubs are having to adjust to. I hope the Riddler has modified his business plan to accomodate this?

The size of our club will always limit what is achievable. I'd be interested to see what Chris Webb & Co envisage what The Argyle Trust could achieve. My one criticism at the moment is that it hasn't embraced all of the support and some individuals involved do take some of the criticism personally. They need to have thicker skins and make love to even the biggest knobheads.

You Janners could with the right effort and support grow your Trust to over 10K members and this could give you a real say in your club, something you have failed to do until just recently.

Fair points well made LT.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
jespafc":2l2vpyj5 said:
I hope they get relegated. But I hope they can balance their finances, don't want any other group of supporters experiencing what we have.

Completely agree. Schadenfreud ain't what it used to be. I can hardly believe I'm saying this but in an ideal world I'd like to see them successful - but only if they're a bit less successful than us and take a couple of sound thrashings per season :D